Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Stalingrad summer - retextured, retowned, revillaged  (Read 64657 times)

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
Re: Stalingrad summer - retextured, retowned, revillaged
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2014, 08:50:38 AM »

You can find and open the landlight mat file and edit it to your liking.

Goes into
MapMods/Maps/Tex.

ALso flying sunny weather with haze active but cloud options disengqaged makes for some kickass effects. And: Never fly IL-2 at high noon, simply looks crappy.

On top I use gapa gamma, with a mix of mine and modder's settings.

If you SAS google "Avala terrain lighting" you will find more info..

zionid

« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2014, 10:16:20 AM »

Excellent!

I'll try this asap thanks:)

Can't wait to try a few campaigns on this map:)

Hoping for Normandy next Cyberolas;)

Just kidding- take some time off and enjoy your wonderful creation;)

cyberolas

• Modder
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2014, 12:12:20 PM »

A few words about landlighting and so one...
When you will fly dynamic campaign, you will see terrain more dark then there in QMB missions - because date of missions is important too. We have some kind of light in june and other light in september. Try to see into your missions, what month is there. You can fly il-2 in noon, but I recommend it with Cloudstype=3 in mission file. I recommend campaign Fall Blau, there is good scenario, good season and you can rewrite only Cloudtype, thats all. Old rules - in the morning you don´t need any change in Cloudstype and so one...

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2014, 12:42:23 PM »

youre looking at a simple contrast/gamma change, if you want your game look like this use Gapa

hadji4

« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2014, 03:06:56 PM »

Great work!
many thanks Cyberolas!

propnut27

« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2014, 03:16:05 PM »

I am, as I've mentioned in my previous posts,a fairly complete idiot when it comes to computer expertise. However, I Have managed to get my game up to DBW build 1.7 v4.10 with the kind and patient help of you nice folks here. I have been reluctant to proceed with trying the newer versions because I have too much invested in time and frustration to attempt to keep up.

I have successfully added many mod aircraft, ships, campaign, single missions, and objects. Again my thanks for your assistance in that regard. But, I have be able to add even a single mod map, including this one. This is something I would very much like to do. I have searched these boards for tutorials, studied them, followed the instructions assiduously, spent countless hours of frustration, and have come up a complete bust.

Each map modder seems to have different methods, and the readme files have been very confusing to me. I see everybody else using these maps, and giving glowing praise for their beauty, and labor it took to produce them.

If some one of you very adroit folks would take the time to write a "Idiot-proof Map Mod Installation Guide For Complete Idiots" I, and I suspect, many others, would be forever grateful.

Gil

'MadDog'

« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2014, 03:30:40 PM »

The problem is that there are many hues and shades of idiocy, it's not a homogeneous condition, so a one size fits all approach is hardly aposite.

Having said that, let's see  if we can get you going on this map as a jumping off point.

Download the single file and extract it to your desktop. You will see a folder called 'MODS' and then simply drop that into your root directory, ie your main 1946 directory. That is, if DBW contains a MODS folder, it may be called #DBW or in the case of TFM-412 it's called #SAS. So if the main mod containing folder is called #DBW then open the MODS folder and you will see 'mapmods' which can be dropped into #DBW as this folder I think will already contain such a folder. You are attempting to merge the two. Have a look at your folder tree and you will see the commonality.

This Stalingrad Summer map is a synch to install. You don't need to edit any .ini files, just install as directed by Cyberolas. It's that simple.

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2014, 03:49:43 PM »

Yep, and basically one of the most easy maps to install as it indeed only overwrites an existing map.

Other maps in that area would e.g. be "WHC's Hawaii map" (not the TC/WHC Hawaiian Islands repaint).
Redko's Palau, redko's Okinawa, redko's MTO, highly recommended! In the MTO section somewhere hidden...again it can be installed to overwrite the stock MTO..simply drag and drop there. Same with the slightly edited version, which I only mention since it is easy to find in MTO.  ;)

I think Palau and Okinawa are definately already in Dark Blue World 1.71, which I strongly recommend to any IL-2 modded install noob. It has not all the latest and greatest, but many very cool mods and JSGME default mods as well as many (many!) cool maps already included.

For a relatively easy map guide, check the new member safety area.
Mostly a matter of entering the map folder into Mods or #DBW or #SAS and there into mapmods/maps.

And the texture folder or folders as per author's instruction into Mods or #DBW or #SAS and there into mapmods/maps/_Tex.

Each name there represents a folder:
Mods or #SAS for a ModAct install or #DBW for Dark Blue World is the base modding folder containing all add on mods and the STD folder.
Mapmods as map parent, maps for the individual maps and _Tex for textures.

All that remains then is adding eventually new objects as per author's instructions and-most important-IF the map is a new one--add the new all.ini entry inside:
MapMods/Maps/all.ini---simply add the text line(s) as per author.

Here are no edits needed.

:)

Good Luck...took me ca a month after having my first mod install to figure it myself.  ;) :D I just wondered how the heck I could fly anything but the default maps. I was an almost complete IL-2 idiot.  :P Still am. ;D  :P

fritzofpeace

• semi-erect
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2014, 07:38:59 PM »

I've uploaded a couple of skins to M4T, referencing your art, Cyberolas.  I hope it's okay.  It may provide an incentive for more gamers to be exposed to your work.

Can't thank you enough!

cyberolas

• Modder
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2014, 12:05:28 AM »

No problem Fritz, I can see you´re living in future, because I haven´t  start work on winter map yet:)

Fresco23

• Part-Time Skinner
  • Modder
  • F.A.C. #23
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2014, 12:15:15 AM »

Those can be the "before" of a 'Before-and-After' set of screens!  ;D
cogito, ergo sum armatus

242Sqn_Cat

« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2014, 02:54:21 AM »

An astonishing map, Cyberolas. Really such a huge improvement on the stock map that it's out of sight. The key to it is the wonderful textures that you make - keep them coming!
:cheers:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 14   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 25 queries.