Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Forgotten fronts: The Channel, 1942 (update v2.1)  (Read 9543 times)

greybeard

• Modder
  • diligo veritatem
    • Old stuff about RB3D and a tiny "IL2 corner"
Forgotten fronts: The Channel, 1942 (update v2.1)
« on: May 15, 2014, 09:05:07 AM »

The first operational model of P-51 was the Mustang with Allison engine, before Merlin was produced under license by the American Packard. The P-51A was used as early as 1942 by the RAF in the missions of attack and reconnaissance over Europe occupied by the Germans. These, conducted mainly by the English territory, are little known and publicized, so as to be of almost negligible impact on the history of air operations at the time. Yet even the first model of the Mustang was the most modern aircraft available to the RAF.

In this campaign for Asura's DGen_mod, designed for 4.09m + UP2.01, you will fly for No.241 Squadron of the Royal Air Force, based at Bottisham, Cambridgeshire, in April 1942.

Link for download (rating and comments would be appreciated)

Enjoy!
GB
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 - RAM: 2GB DDR @ 201 MHz - MoBo: ASUSTeK Computer INC. A8N-SLI (Socket 939) - Vidcard: 1024MB NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT (Club3D) - Screen: L1750SQ (1280x1024@75Hz) - Audio: Realtek AC'97 Audio.

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
Re: Forgotten fronts: The Channel, 1942
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 09:57:59 AM »

Thanks greybeard!

Not exactly a campaign flyer here, but I am sure for 4.09m Battle of Britain and beyond fans this is very interisting!

Cheers
T.

greybeard

• Modder
  • diligo veritatem
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 02:58:09 AM »

You're welcome! Glad you liked it!

Cheers,
GB
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 - RAM: 2GB DDR @ 201 MHz - MoBo: ASUSTeK Computer INC. A8N-SLI (Socket 939) - Vidcard: 1024MB NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT (Club3D) - Screen: L1750SQ (1280x1024@75Hz) - Audio: Realtek AC'97 Audio.

greybeard

• Modder
  • diligo veritatem
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 05:59:34 AM »

Hi all!

I thought to add a German career to this campaign, picking the Jabo Staffel of JG26.

In the occasion, I tried to improve at some extent historical accuracy, as described in following excerpt from Readme:

"Fw 190A-2 did not have cooling louvers for its engine: these improvements were introduced with version A-3. I was unable to find a suited skin, so I slightly modified an existing one to fit. Luftwaffe emblems in game are often misplaced, oversized or not matching the real one; I tried to enhance historical accuracy removing them for JG26 (couldn’t find photographic evidence for Bf 109F-4/B and Fw 190A-2 based along the Channel at that time) and changing color and location for Bf 109F-4 belonging to II/JG1."

On the other hand, are the limits dictated by the chosen map, where England is limited to one airport and the historical base of JG26 is not included.

Same link of first post.

Enjoy!
GB

greybeard

• Modder
  • diligo veritatem
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 05:34:11 AM »

Quoting myself from previous message:
"On the other hand, are the limits dictated by the chosen map, where England is limited to one airport and the historical base of JG26 is not included."

So I thought to work on the now available template of The Channel map (still thanks to Laufer and Marjak) to improve realism. First results look encouraging:

Two Messerschmitt Bf 109F-4/B approaching their target on the "Perfidious Albion" :) (the port below is just Dover - in background a radar station).

Coming soon... (I hope :P)

greybeard

• Modder
  • diligo veritatem
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 01:11:18 AM »

I think this is the last announcement I do of this kind. It looks there's no interest for my 4.09 dedicated campaigns even among the "Rebels", so why to bother?

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
  • I'm French and Rebel_409! Nobody is perfect!
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2015, 01:51:55 AM »

Personally I congratulate you on all your campaigns!
But you know I prefer the countryside are MTO!
And long ago I learned that for every 100 downloads = 1 thank you!  ;)
If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2015, 02:28:59 AM »

I agree with Epervier!

ATM I'm out of....'games' because I was only working in my spare time at my map mods....

BUT AFTER I'll really enjoy your campaign mate!

And as a Blue boy I can't wait for your Jabo version of this great one!

Keep it up mate!

greybeard

• Modder
  • diligo veritatem
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2015, 02:06:09 AM »

Personally I congratulate you on all your campaigns!

Lately, you missed them all! :)

Sorry, I do not understand... :(

And long ago I learned that for every 100 downloads = 1 thank you!  ;)

My average is even lower... But I miss not only a minimal gratitude by the user, but also some competent feedback. For instance, how is it possible, I wonder, that among the 624 guys that downloaded so far my three Vichy-French campaigns NONE commented the miracle I did to have (in a "clean" way) French playing for Blue side?

Epervier, you know the work we did (to make another example) to improve Hurricane and Zero; I can't recall a single guy who did a comment like:<<Long last! We've that gauges working!>>, or <<I've evidence that you set wrong values>>.

Are we so superficial? Is there a mass that can't comment and few experts that won't? I didn't expect the Royal Society, but as a fan of history and techs I would have welcomed sharing a bit more than the pure game.

Whiskey_Sierra_972
Thanks for encouragement. My campaign will be updated soon...

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
  • I'm French and Rebel_409! Nobody is perfect!
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2015, 03:56:43 AM »

Sorry, I do not understand...
Il existe plusieurs cartes "Channel". Je n'utilise que les cartes de GilB.
Mais c'est très rare que je joue dans le secteur ETO.
Je préfère jouer dans le secteur Méditerranée (MTO) !
Mais j'avoue que depuis trois ans je joue très rarement !  :-X
624 téléchargements c'est exceptionnel pour des campagnes en 409 !

When I do "tinkering" to IL-2 I would first and foremost creates for my personal use. For my pleasure. For the fun of a friend who asked me.
Some of my "tinkering" reached 1000 downloads and there were only 4 or 5 thanks.
Others remain stuck at 1 download!  :(
No importance.  :D
I do what I like ... just what I like without waiting for any return.  ;)
Looking at the number of download I know my "tinkering" is appreciated. This is the main!
If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -

greybeard

• Modder
  • diligo veritatem
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2015, 11:35:19 AM »

When I do "tinkering" to IL-2 I would first and foremost creates for my personal use. For my pleasure. For the fun of a friend who asked me.

I agree. The satisfaction that I feel when I succeed to build up what I wished is beyond description...

I do what I like ... just what I like without waiting for any return.  ;)

Much wise. I shall try to follow your example. :-X

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2015, 11:40:08 AM »

... greybeard, you work is very valuable, and you know that nowadays people are so used to get things for free that they believe this is normal and don't even take the time to say "thank you" ...!  :(

Personally I don't fly DGen campaigns/missions since I make my own missions/campaigns (mainly MTO) and also because I want to be able to fly random missions or refly a mission even if I succeeded and safely returned to base  ...  ;)

But this won't prevent me from thanking you in the name of the silent Rebels ...  :P
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 25 queries.