Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "IL-2 SCW" has been updated, again!  (Read 7475 times)

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
"IL-2 SCW" has been updated, again!
« on: May 04, 2014, 01:58:05 PM »

Now UPDATE 7 of IL-2 SCW is available! (Well, it has for some time.) It contains more period aircraft and other material. This means that you MUST have the base pack PLUS Update 1 AND Update 2 AND Update 3 AND Update 4 AND Update 5 AND Update 6 installed first, otherwise this update will not work.

DOWNLOAD IT HERE: http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=1901

CONTENTS AND CREDITS: This update pack contains the following new material:

A.) 6 new aircraft (or 11, if you count the variants):

* Savioa-Marchetti SM.81T/Bis/AR/GR/PX/PXE by DreamK

* Savoia-Marchetti SM.73 by DreamK

* Lockheed Model 8 Sirius by Kant

* Lockheed Model 8 Sirius Floatplane by Kant

* The PWS-10 by Loku

* Mitsubishi Ki-20/Junkers G.38 by Ectoflyer and CWatson (frankenplane)

B.) A simple variant of VP_medias SKINMOD, giving default skins more appropriate to the SCW to some of the stationary aircraft.

C.) 28 skins, by Archie, Stanislao, Murdoc, Juanmalapuente, Mission_Bug and Loku. Note that the skins for the different SM.81 variants are interchangable. Note also that more skins can be found here at our site: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,99.0.html

Again: many, many, many thanks to all the involved modders who gave their talent and time for all of us to enjoy!  :)

And yes, there will be an update 8, whenever I find some time to complete it - there is too little IL-2 in my life right now...  :-\
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

HotelAlpha

• F.A.C #7
  • Modder
  • Tactical dominance is key
Re: Update Pack 7 for "IL-2 SCW"!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 12:28:22 PM »

Very nice, thank you for your amazing pack.  ;)
"All modern aircraft have four dimensions: span, length, height and politics" -Sydney Camm

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
Re: "IL-2 SCW" has been updated, again!
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 12:43:07 PM »

Now UPDATE 8 of IL-2 SCW is available! (Yes, it has for some time.) You MUST have the base pack PLUS Updates 1 to 7 installed first, otherwise this update will not work.

Update 8 contains material that is actually mainly from the WW2-era, i.e. aircraft used in the Winter War 1939-40, but I have decided to add these special aircraft by DreamK to IL-2 SCW because they fit together very nicely with other aircraft already in the pack (like the Bulldog, the Hawker Hart and Fokker C.X) to give you a unique chance to simulate that conflict - and yes, a campaign pack for the Winter War, utilizing these aircraft, WILL follow!

DOWNLOAD IT HERE: http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=1983

A.) 6 new aircraft:
*   Finnish Blenheim Mk I with skis, by DreamK

*   Tupolev SB2 M100, with skis, and Finnish bombs, by DreamK

*   Tupolev SB2 M103, with skis, and Finnish bombs, by DreamK

*   Polikarpov I-153 with skis, by DreamK

*   Polikarpov I-16 M17 with skis, by DreamK

*   Breguet XIV Salon (post-WW1 version) by Giotto

Included is also a flyable Polikarpov R-5 with skis.

More info on DreamK's Finnish Blenheim can be found here!
Info on DreamK's Tupolevs can be found here!
Info on DreamK's ski-equipped I-153 and I-16 can be found here!
And info on Giottos Breguet XIV can be found here!

B.) Small but important updates for the following aircraft: the Fiat CR.32, the He-46, the Brewster B-239, the D.372, the D.510 and the Fokker C.X.

C.) Zloy Petrusko Mod for more realistic AA artillery: for instance AA guns no longer can see through clouds, they can't see in the night without search lights, and it is now possible to "scare" the AA gunners by attacking so they stop shooting temporarily.

D.) Skippers WW1-era improvised AA guns: one on a barrel, one truck-mounted 76mm gun.

E.) Marcosts "No Radio" Mod: which simply means that there will be no radio communications heard at all. But if you WANT these radio communications simply disable this Mod by renaming the folder "!!NO_Radio_chatter_1916_rv2" to "-!!NO_Radio_chatter_1916_rv2". Or just delete the folder. IMPORTANT: If your aircraft suddenly start landing on top of each other, crashing, then REMOVE this Mod. Just delete the folder and all will be fine!

F.) Solid Ice Fix by SAS~Storebror: with this fix ice again behaves like ice and not like water, making it possible to take off from frozen lake airfields.

G.) 9 skins for the new aircraft, by Ife, Mangas, VP_media and Imme.

As usual: many, many, many thanks to all the involved modders who gave their talent and time for all of us to enjoy! You guys RULE! :)

SPECIAL THANKS: The whole idea for this pack comes from Griffon_301, who has also helped A LOT in putting it together. Thanks man!
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 12:59:52 PM »

Now there is another UPDATE of IL-2 SCW is available! Number nine. This means that you MUST have the Base Pack PLUS Updates 1 to 8 installed first, otherwise this update will not work. You know the drill...  ;)

I still believe that there is some life in DBW 1.71 and "IL-2 SCW", mainly because of all those Mod aircraft that for different reasons has been left behind in the leap forward in the great 4.12 versions of the modded game that are out or that soon will be. Therefore for those interested in the pre-war period "IL-2 SCW" still has a function. I hope!  :D

DOWNLOAD IT HERE: http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=2093

A.) 5 new aircraft:
* The AW 38 Whitley bomber, by Giotto & CWatson

* The Supermarine Walrus, by Tedeschene, RealDarko & others

* The PZL P.24, by Loku

* The Mitsubishi Ki-51, by Da_Don & ten010

* The Mitsubishi F1M, by Mikoyan99, CWatson & others

More info on the Whitley bomber Mod can be found here!
More info on the Walrus Mod can be found here!
More info on the PZL P.24 Mod can be found here!
More info on the Ki-51 Mod can be found here!
And more info on the F1M Mod can be found by clicking here!

B.) Stationary aircraft by Epervier for the Walrus, Ki-51 and PZL P.24.

C.) Zloy Petruskoy's Mod for more realistic Tank behaviour: for instance tanks can no longer can see through clouds, they can't see in the night without search lights, they shoot up to 1 meter above the ground, and it is now possible to stop the tanks gunners firing temporarily by attacking them - but they are not as easily scared as AA gunners!

D.) Armoured vehicles from patch 4.11, by Team Daidalos: the Crusader III, Autoblinda armoured car, L6/40, L13/40, Semovente 47/32 & Semovente 75/40.

E.) British vehicles by ToMoose & Mission_Bug: the Matador truck, Tilley small truck (Army & RAF + towing ATC shack), Austin ambulance, Fire truck, Quad Tractor (+ towing fuel bowser) & Dodge truck.

F.) Airfield clutter by Tomoose: Loudspeaker, Map Board, Tires, Cabinets, Fire Extinguisher, Paint Cans, Drippan and a Dolley.

G.) Vickers light tank Mk VI update, by Giotto: a much better 3d model.

H.) Moving windsocks, by Western 0221: yes, the windsocks move with the wind!

I.) Birds & Chimney Smokes effects by Stuka_40: very nice environmental Mod. Yes, you actually get to see flying birds!

J.) Grass mod by Ranwers: if you look out of your cockpit there will be tufts of grass around you!

K.) Donbass map, winter and summer, by Okevnas: not just included because it is one of the best maps around, but also because I want to use it in an upcoming BIG Italian campaign.

L.) Fiat G.50 Fighter-bomber Mod, by Loku: reason why it is in this pack? See above!

M.) Moving Cavalryman, by Skipper: now they don't just stand around anymore.

N.) Ten new columns, for the new ground units: 5 British Army columns, 4 new Italian columns plus one Cavalry column.

O.) And last but not least Maggods Indian Elephant: good to have if the Japanese start expanding their Sphere of Influence in Asia!

Once again: many, many grateful thanks to all the above mentioned Modders, who has given so much time and talent to give us the most content-rich flight combat sim EVER!  :)

Forager

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 01:48:10 PM »

Thank You again.

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2015, 04:26:16 PM »

Wow Peter that is great! Thanks a lot for that new pack :)

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 12:37:27 PM »

UPDATE 10 of IL-2 SCW is now ready for download!

DOWNLOAD IT HERE: http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=2113

A.) 12 new aircraft:

*   The Lockheed Electra L10, by Giotto & CWatson

*   The Super Electra L14, by Giotto & CWatson

*   The Caproni Ca.133 & 133T, by Giotto & CWatson

*   The Caproni Ca.148, by Giotto & CWatson

*   The Dornier Do 17-Z, by Ranwers

*   The ANT-6, by Bison_M

*   The TB-3M17vAR Transport, by Bison_M

*   The Ju 52 Civil Transport, by F-22 Raptor, Godzyla & others

*   The DC-3 Civil Airliner, by Verhängnis, Wolfighter & others

*   The Vickers Wellington, by Team Daidalos

*   The Supermarine Stranraer, by Mikoyan99

*   The Mitsubishi Ki-32 "Mary" (frankenplane), by Bison_M, Skipper & others

More info on the Lockheed Electra and Super Electra can be found here.
More info on the Ca.133, Ca.133T and Ca.148 can be found here.
More info on the Do 17-Z can be found here.
More info on the ANT-6 & TB-3M17vAR can be found here.
More info on the Ju 52 Civil Transport can be found here.
More info on the DC-3 Civil Airliner can be found here.
More info on the Vickers Wellington can be found here.
More info on the Supermarine Stranraer can be found here.
More info on the Mitsubishi Ki-32 "Mary" can be found here.

B.) Sixteen skins for the above aircraft, by Stanislao, Archie, Giotto, Mission_Bug, Grewe, Porsimo, Imme and Edlor: more skins can be found at https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,99.0.html

C.) The small Norwegian Steamship, and submarines types VIIB & IXB, by Team Daidalos: as always is the case with TD you get top notch quality.

D.) Archangelsk map, winter, winter with ice, autumn and summer, by Agracier and Kapteeni, with additional work by Jami: also included is a more wintery sky texture, by Tbauchot.

E.) A new standard sky texture, by VP_media: we can't have enough of beautiful skies in this sim!

As usual: this is NOT my work. The point with this mod pack is simply to make it easier for IL-2 enthusiasts who wants to get them and use them without too much problems when it comes to downloads, patches, editiong of .ini-files etc. And also think that many of them hasn't had the attention and use that they deserve! A big, big THANK YOU to all above mentioned people who have given so much talent and time to the IL-2 community, and made this game into the biggest and richest combat sim ever!  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 26 queries.