Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 192   Go Down

Author Topic: TFM-412 The Next Level  (Read 1122884 times)

bergkamp

• If you can't find it here, it doesn't exist
  • Modder
Re: TFM-412 The Next Level
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2014, 04:51:42 AM »

Hi from England. This is looking awesome. Out all day today (beer and football), so won't be able to install until Sunday. Looking forward to reading 24 hours of comments tomorrow! Thanks again to you fellas for all the hard work and effort put into this.

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2014, 05:23:19 AM »

Hi Simon

While downloading and sourcing/storing sfs files getting ready for install most likely Sunday  ;D

I noticed in your credits Benghalli By Agracier  it should say by Avala
Avala made that gem of a map with waterfalls and all  ;)

Nothing too serious just a credit fix.

Kirby
Thanks Kirby, my mistake.  I will straighten out the credits list on the site immediately and re-upload a newly compiled pack asap.  8)

I love that map especially and its great to fly it in 412!

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2014, 05:31:03 AM »

My my you have been busy, must be cooler down there now!

As yet I have not used 4.12, waiting for improvements and here they are , I will be sad to see the much modded 4.101 go , spent many hours flying it.
Time to blow the dust off the 46 disc if I can find it  and get going, thanks Simon and all the other contributors for the constant improvements.
You got it Ray (although will be swimming again tomorrow). Compared to DBW and TFM the dearth of content in a vanilla 412 always put me off too.  It has also taken a lot of people a lot of time and testing to convert mods from 410 to 412.  Some are straightforward, others need fundamental changes to the code.  412 is quite an advance on 410/11 in many ways.

The biggest gains are in the new FMB functions, the FMs, the new effects (like belly landing a twin and digging parallel trenches in your grass airfield) and the fact that the SAS MiG-21 and the new Yak-36 are as happy in this environment as the Jugs and Spits.

There are still issues to be resolved and more things to add as items are fixed.  But this is a damn good start!  8)

4ent

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2014, 07:12:55 AM »

Can I skip packs 08 and 09 and still play the game?

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2014, 07:24:33 AM »

Thank you Guy's, this is a really nice pack, and one that can grow.
MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

steven197106

• Observer
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2014, 07:30:53 AM »

Thanks alot this is Great, But no F-4 in Coldwar pack
i7-5820k CPU 3.30gHZ, 16 GB ram, RTX 2080 Graphic card, 49" CHG90 QLED Gaming Monitor, VKB- T-Rudders Mk.III pedals, VPC MongoosT-50 Flightstick with VPC Desk Mount, VPC Extensions Set with a thrustmaster warthog grip on the stick, saitek TPM System, thrustmaster warthog throttle,

CWMV

• Kalashnikov connoisseur
  • Modder
  • A free people ought to be armed and disciplined.
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2014, 07:31:40 AM »

Yes indeed!
Again I'm bien away by the modular nature of it. Take what you like, leave what you don't, all in very closely related content packs.
It's perfect, honestly this should be how we advise the game, the new default DBW structure.

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2014, 07:57:15 AM »

Steven, Western has been absent for some time now, he is working on getting the F-4 Pack with a new working pit. So we have to wait for his return to see what and when he will release the Pack.
MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2014, 08:03:44 AM »

Can I skip packs 08 and 09 and still play the game?

I wouldn't advise that no.  This 412 has a much greater tolerance for content than earlier versions and you should have everything in there even if you ignore some stuff.  The other issue is interdependance, with regard to loadouts and other resources, that require certain mods to be in place for others to work as well.  So if you want the benefit of TFM-412, its best to take it all.

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2014, 08:12:27 AM »

Thanks alot this is Great, But no F-4 in Coldwar pack
Steven, Western has been absent for some time now, he is working on getting the F-4 Pack with a new working pit. So we have to wait for his return to see what and when he will release the Pack.

As Bravo says, the F4 has some development to go.  Also, what about SAMs, A4s etc?  There are many issues to solve with conversion from 410 to 412 and also new mods coming in.  I have tried to present the most complete working sets to date and there are many we are still working on.  I strongly recommend against the effort to instantly crowbar in every bloody thing you can think of.

Yesterday we had NO TFM-412, now we at least have this WIP, which is complete enough to start playing with.

With more testing and development we will certainly see the Coldwar grow, but it ain't all ready yet.

slipper

• Modder
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2014, 08:12:51 AM »

Monty

This sounds like great news mate. i have a question though if anyone can answer it? I mostly play night missions in 4.101 (i don't have 4.12 installed yet) the reason for this is mainly the compatability of mods.

Sputinkshock along with CY6 have made, for me at least, some essential mods for nightfighting. Sputnik has even made a list here

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,26417.0.html

of mods needed to get the best experience.

So my question is how many of the mods on the list are 4.12 compatible does anyone know (if you follow the link above you will see the list, haven't reproduced it here for brevity).

The mods that are not compatible is there any plans to convert them, or get them working for DBW2?

Do you think in the future a 4.12 nightfighting TFM412-Set could be built? i think this is an important part of WW2 aerial fighting that has been to long overlooked.

Thanks for any replies and looking forward to the new TFM

regards

slipper

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2014, 08:18:53 AM »

Monty

This sounds like great news mate. i have a question though if anyone can answer it? I mostly play night missions in 4.101 (i don't have 4.12 installed yet) the reason for this is mainly the compatability of mods.

Sputinkshock along with CY6 have made, for me at least, some essential mods for nightfighting. Sputnik has even made a list here

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,26417.0.html

of mods needed to get the best experience.

So my question is how many of the mods on the list are 4.12 compatible does anyone know (if you follow the link above you will see the list, haven't reproduced it here for brevity).

The mods that are not compatible is there any plans to convert them, or get them working for DBW2?

Do you think in the future a 4.12 nightfighting TFM412-Set could be built? i think this is an important part of WW2 aerial fighting that has been to long overlooked.

Thanks for any replies and looking forward to the new TFM

regards

slipper

Definate YES Slipper - I also held off 412 until confident enough in the content.  Command and Control is already working in TFM-412, not all the heavies are ready yet though I'm sure they will be soon enough.

Unless stated campaigns and missions will have to be re-written - NOT a popular task; The new FMB is very good though we do have a lot of work ahead.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 192   Go Up

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 23 queries.