Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Jugs Reloaded: A P-47 Pack  (Read 74974 times)

mikojan3

Re: Jugs Reloaded: A P-47 Pack
« Reply #132 on: May 20, 2016, 06:21:58 PM »

fantastic ,worked very good. i have the vpmodpack of vpmedia but worked with common utils without not worked

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #133 on: June 12, 2016, 04:06:34 AM »

From the readme (it's called that for a reason ;) ):
Code: [Select]
!!! Important Prerequisite !!! : You HAVE TO HAVE the SAS Common Utils installed to use the "Jugs Reloaded"
                                      Mod Pack. You can always get the latest version of the SAS Common Utils
                                      for download here:
                                      https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=40490.0
                                      Installing the SAS Common Utils is as easy as dropping a few files
                                      into your mods folder.

ATTENTION: You need some kind of "DiffFM" mod installed in your game.
           Modact 5 and DBW ship with DiffFM included by default, others need to make sure to have it installed,
           otherwise your game will crash at 60%.

Some links for DiffFM mods (not comprehensive):
           4.09m:                https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,3988.0.html
           4.10m (incl. UP3):    https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,12169.0.html
           4.11m (incl. HSFX 6): https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,24777.0.html
           HSFX 7:               https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,38980.0.html

Best regards - Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

Nesher

« Reply #134 on: July 13, 2016, 08:31:01 AM »

Hello Gents,

could you help me please on how to import the new 3D models of the P47D30-P47M in this pack to the latest HSFX without the flightmodels and the additional features, just the updated 3D model (with the tail fins) to override somehow the stock 3D model of the P-47D (Late)?
Or do you know any trick how I could circumvent this issue?

All help would be appreciated!

Take care,
Ed

Darkwind

« Reply #135 on: July 13, 2016, 11:18:38 PM »

fantastic ,worked very good. i have the vpmodpack of vpmedia but worked with common utils without not worked
     Thank you so much, you gave me the solution to a problem I had given up on.  :( Now all is well, and my game is so full it groans whenever it opens!  8)

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #136 on: July 14, 2016, 12:37:03 AM »

I'll never understand what's so hard about reading readme's.
This particular "issue" is the second point mentioned there, it's more or less at the beginning of the readme and slams right in your face when you open it.

Best regards - Mike

Nesher

« Reply #137 on: July 14, 2016, 07:10:40 AM »

Probably I wasn't clear regarding my question:

- since P-47D (Late) in HSFX represents the P-47M flightmodel-wise is there a way to use the P-47M 3D model (from this mod pack) for the P-47D (Late) and overwrite the stock P-47D (Late) exterior 3D model with this new "fishtailed" variant?

Sorry if it's a noob question, but I am not an expert in modding.

All the best,
Ed

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #138 on: July 14, 2016, 07:29:58 AM »

Probably I wasn't clear regarding my question:

- since P-47D (Late) in HSFX represents the P-47M flightmodel-wise is there a way to use the P-47M 3D model (from this mod pack) for the P-47D (Late) and overwrite the stock P-47D (Late) exterior 3D model with this new "fishtailed" variant?

Sorry if it's a noob question, but I am not an expert in modding.

All the best,
Ed

There is only one way to find out. Doing the testing yourself.
Make a copy of the folders of the airplane which you wish to make changes on (for safe keeping and to return back if
something goes wrong  ;) )
then
copy the things you want to change and place them into the other folder.
Do a little tweaking in the files and test it in your game.
There is only one way to find out if certain things work or not and that
is to test them personally.
I am not a great modder either and I was able to change the old antenna wires for new and thinner types for
all P-47 models. Much better looking.
There was also a little problem with 3 versions having the cockpit canopy flipped forward and up
in some models, so I copied what was on other model-versions of the same airplane type and introduced those better
changes to the problems which were on my troubled airplane.... It worked perfectly - Now I have perfect looking
cockpit canopies on those models.  ;) It was very easy to do.

It is all a matter fo testing things out yourself, because everyone's modded game is slightly different than
what other people are using.
So, what may work for me, may not work out for you.
Understand?
Give it a try and you will see that you can do it yourself. - Take a chance and start modding.
Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

Nesher

« Reply #139 on: July 14, 2016, 10:25:55 AM »

Max, thank you for you tips, I did try out several file (and folder) swaps/overwrites, however I was unable to find the correct match.

If I exchanged and overwrote the Jugs_Reloaded\3do\Plane\P-47D(Multi1) and \P-47D(USA) folder contents with the matching P-47M(Multi1) and P-47M(USA) contents the 3D model of the P-47D remained the same, and the canopy was opening upwards.  ;D

If I removed anything else and only the 3do root directory remained from the modpack, and did the above mentioned folder exchange I was unable to see the plane in QMB and it was invisible if I started a QMB flight.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #140 on: July 14, 2016, 10:51:40 AM »

since P-47D (Late) in HSFX represents the P-47M flightmodel-wise
If that's true (can't judge myself, haven't played HSFX for several years now) then it's a questionable choice to say the least.
A late war P-47D differs fundamentally from a P-47M.

Best regards - Mike

Nesher

« Reply #141 on: July 14, 2016, 01:22:14 PM »

It is ture.
Copy-pasted from the FM documentation V7.0 Aachen.doc from the HSFX V7 Tools & Read me's folder.

P-47 - Engine
A/C Name           Engine Name                           BasePower [PS]   BoostPower [PS]   BaseMP [ATA]   BoostMP [ATA]   BaseRPM   BoostRPM   MaxOilTemp    MaxWaterTemp
P-47D-10           R-2800DoubleWasp                   2000                   2310                   1,70                   1,75                   2700           2700           120            210
P-47D-22           R-2800DoubleWasp                   2000                   2310                   1,70                   1,75                   2700           2700           120            210
P-47D-27           R-2800-59_THRU-40                   2000                   2596                   1,70                   2,1                   2700           2700           120            210
P-47D-27 Late   R-2800-59_THRU-40_overboost   2000                   2800                   1,70                   2,34                   2700           2700           120            210
Note: Base power corresponds to Combat setting and Boost power corresponds to maximum emergency setting. In the models presented in this work, the P-47D-27 Late has been modelled to reproduce the performances of P47M.

The above questioned choice was probably based on online multiplayer balancing reasons, but I am just guessing.
I agree, late war P-47D differs from the P-47M in more respects like airframe, engine, etc, this is why I was striving for a 3D model swap to compensate this, at least.

duffys tavern

« Reply #142 on: July 16, 2016, 07:59:49 AM »

SAS~Storebror, appreciate all your hard work on these a/c. I love the P-47. I'm having a few screwy things with the canopies. i.e.
All USA "razor backs" canopies don't slide back, they drop inside. This only happens with the USA version, all other nations, ok.
P-47 1944 & P-47D-27 canopies don't slide, they levitate above the a/c. This is true of all nations. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
I'm sure there is a fix somewhere. Any help greatly appreciated.

Nesher

« Reply #143 on: July 16, 2016, 09:38:07 AM »

I experienced the same canopy issues (levitating canopy above the a/c if opened), after experimenting with the removal of each installed mods and I came to the conclusion that "HSFX 7_fix Cowling Engines & prop_v.18" caused the issue, because after I removed that mod, all P-47 canopies were sliding back and forth normally.

However I still don't know the exact reason/conflict behind this bug, if someone else could shed some light on it, I would greatly appreciate it. :)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 25 queries.