Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Jugs Reloaded: A P-47 Pack  (Read 74641 times)

Fresco23

• Part-Time Skinner
  • Modder
  • F.A.C. #23
Re: Jugs Reloaded: A P-47 Pack
« Reply #120 on: April 12, 2016, 08:04:22 AM »

Using a relatively basic empty mod folder, these appear to work in 4.13.1. Just thought I'd let you all know.

One thing, When flying my favorite, the D-22, I noticed that I got the tail warning siren sound as in later models. If memory serves this was a known issue before so I guess all is as it should be.  ;D
cogito, ergo sum armatus

theo57

« Reply #121 on: April 15, 2016, 07:13:00 AM »

Hi, I am new here. Love this mod but I can't use D-27/D-30 to strafe ground targets well because the yaw instability. I tried to find some information about it on internet, unfortunately most of them just say it's instable. Only one site described in more detail...
The loss of side area due to the cutting down of the fuselage (to accommodate the bubble canopy), reduced the linear stability of the bubble topped Jugs. This could lead to a loss of control if rudder deflection was too great at low speeds. The fillet partially corrected this rudder force over-balance condition. It would not be fully eliminated until the final production model of the Thunderbolt.

Perhaps we can have D-27/D-30 be stable at high speed in future update. :)

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #122 on: April 15, 2016, 09:34:05 AM »

Perhaps we can have D-27/D-30 be stable at high speed in future update. :)

considering this was deliberately done in order to reflect historical accuracy, i very much doubt there'll be any such update.
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #123 on: April 16, 2016, 12:31:36 AM »

I guess the misunderstanding here is that the line
The loss of side area (...) reduced the linear stability of the bubble topped Jugs. This could lead to a loss of control if rudder deflection was too great at low speeds.
has just been scanned quickly and the limitation "at low speeds" has been mistaken as an indicator that everything was fine at high speed.
It wasn't.
And the reason for the yaw oscillation the "loss of side area", it was caused by turbulent airflow behind the bubble top canopy hitting the vertical stabilizer behind.

An early (read: not equipped with fillet, anything before -40 and not field modified) Jug with bubble top canopy would always yaw-oscillate plus when you give too much rudder at low speed, you might lose control completely.

Only the latter (loss of control) is a direct result of reduced side area, the former (yaw oscillation) is a result of turbulent airflow behind the bubble top canopy.

And then again, only the latter (yaw oscillation) has been modelled in the jugs pack so far, which means that if asking for historical accuracy, the next required change would be to add the loss of control in low speed / high rudder deflection scenarios.

Best regards - Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

robert31178

« Reply #124 on: April 19, 2016, 10:59:17 AM »

I had a similar issue with the N in CUP, the little buzzer warning. All I did was recycle my flaps down to combat and then back up and it quit.

My question is about skins for the N, does anyone know if there are any specifically for that A/C and it's long, abrupt dorsal fin?

~S

theo57

« Reply #125 on: April 24, 2016, 01:50:26 AM »

I guess the misunderstanding here is that the line
The loss of side area (...) reduced the linear stability of the bubble topped Jugs. This could lead to a loss of control if rudder deflection was too great at low speeds.
has just been scanned quickly and the limitation "at low speeds" has been mistaken as an indicator that everything was fine at high speed.
It wasn't.
And the reason for the yaw oscillation the "loss of side area", it was caused by turbulent airflow behind the bubble top canopy hitting the vertical stabilizer behind.

An early (read: not equipped with fillet, anything before -40 and not field modified) Jug with bubble top canopy would always yaw-oscillate plus when you give too much rudder at low speed, you might lose control completely.

Only the latter (loss of control) is a direct result of reduced side area, the former (yaw oscillation) is a result of turbulent airflow behind the bubble top canopy.

And then again, only the latter (yaw oscillation) has been modelled in the jugs pack so far, which means that if asking for historical accuracy, the next required change would be to add the loss of control in low speed / high rudder deflection scenarios.

Best regards - Mike

Understood. Nevertheless, so far I didn't find any complain about gun handling on early bubbletop but rudder control problem at low speed. There's one more example:

Besides, it was not fully cured until N model according to the site I quoted earlier. Maybe D-40&M also need some adjustments.

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #126 on: May 06, 2016, 01:26:55 AM »

Just a minor note, and sorry for my mood:
As I slowly repair my self fucked up 4.12 ModAct 5.3, I come to worship every modpack with a readme inside the Mods folder relevant folder.
Ideally, IMHO; a readme should be on page 1, post one, and inside each install folder for the MODS/SAS etc folders.

Well, frankly, ca. 10% of all modders do it that way, the F-80s e.g. in the latest variation feature a now redundant air.ini set in the mod relevant folder compared to the release post.
 8)

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #127 on: May 06, 2016, 01:32:16 AM »

...on the other hand, after redownloading it...I completely worship that it is one of the few and very few mods which comes with a correctly shaped symmetrical air.ini entry set.
Cheers

Mike, with your permission I add the readme here at the top of the thread and also in the AMT Early Stangs thread.
?
 ;)

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #128 on: May 06, 2016, 12:17:51 PM »

Go ahead Thorsten, I'm fine with it.

Best regards - Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #129 on: May 06, 2016, 08:31:38 PM »

UPGRADE = New airplane Wheels and Rims Skins - A Must Have !

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=51272.msg559047#msg559047

Also works on these 17 P-47-fighters.
Enjoy !

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #130 on: May 07, 2016, 04:48:59 AM »

Go ahead Thorsten, I'm fine with it.

Best regards - Mike

Thanks Mike.
 :P
In the meantime I rechecked post 1 again and need to apologize:
The readme is attached and I was too dumb to see it.
Will add the readme to the early Stangs. ;) :P

BoloG

• Strafing - from German "strafen" - to punish.
« Reply #131 on: May 08, 2016, 01:00:21 PM »

I am happy to report that Jug Pack works OK with 4.13RC4 + ModAct 6.01 except one little anoying bug. Default decals numbers on P-47D-10 and P-47D-22 appear incorrectly cut on the plane. I know that in IL2 decal pacement is hardcoded on the models and that bug is probably due to cockpits mod used in the pack but maby there is some way to fix that?

Regards.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 27 queries.