Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: DBW FIX FOR STEAM USERS!!  (Read 13302 times)

skitchie

DBW FIX FOR STEAM USERS!!
« on: February 05, 2014, 05:22:53 PM »

First off, many thanks to SAS~Bravo For giving me these instructions!!

Many steam users may be disgruntled at how DBW can't install since steam automatically updates it too far (v4.12.2m for me). However, SAS~Bravo has given an AWESOME solution that will hopefully work (checking it right now)

************FIRST OFF******************
This is gonna take a while as it involves downloading a 6gig torrent

************HOW TO GET THE FIX***********
1) Download utorrent, makes downloading the files SO MUCH EASIER!!
2) Go here: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,21514.msg239532.html#msg239532
3)At the bottom, there should be a link to a torrent that has this pack
4)Download that ****!
5)Install it to your root IL-2 Sturmovik folder and say yes to all to overwrite.
6)Install the RC4 patch for Ultrapack
7)Disable the Ultrapack in jsgme
8)Use the mod selector that came with the install to select it and...
9)BOOM! You now have a working copy of DBW AND UP3!

***********CHECKING TO MAKE SURE IT WORKS**********
If you see this: http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t283/BravoFxTrt/060220142-15-53_zpsd6c152a3.jpg~original
you did it right! (Image credits go to SAS~Bravo)

The huge torrent is made for people who have the stock game and want ALL the updates and Ultrapack 3 RC4 with DBW INCLUDED in one package. However, this SHOULD work (im in the midst of testing this) with the 4.11+ versions of the game.

*************SPECIAL THANKS GO TO SAS~BRAVO FOR SUPPLYING ME WITH THE FIX*****************

skitchie

Re: DBW FIX FOR STEAM USERS!!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 07:37:09 PM »

Also, please give your input as to whether or not this worked so I can fix the situation if there is one. Thanks!

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 08:01:46 PM »

Roger that, let us know. Good luck man!
MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 11:02:34 PM »

a 16GB fix?    :o    lol, that's a bit extreme, isn't it?   ???
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

skitchie

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 01:27:29 AM »

a 16GB fix?    :o    lol, that's a bit extreme, isn't it?   ???
Oops. I meant six gig  :-[ anyway, I can confirm, THE BIG F'IN PACK THINGY WORKS!!!!
Just make sure you download the rc4 patch for the ultrapack in order for dbw to work! YYAAAAAAYY SO PUMPED!!

polo199

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 10:04:31 AM »

Just wanted to report that this is working great (or at least it seems so). Added the new-TFM pack on it and until now, it's working perfectly fine.

So thanks a lot Skitchie for this "fix" which allows me to discover (again) this great game.

Would you happen to know whether the 12.2 files get overwritten by this install? Since the Big-F'ing package has some 4.10 files (as far as I could understand).

Cheers,

Paul

skitchie

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 10:26:37 AM »

Just wanted to report that this is working great (or at least it seems so). Added the new-TFM pack on it and until now, it's working perfectly fine.

So thanks a lot Skitchie for this "fix" which allows me to discover (again) this great game.

Would you happen to know whether the 12.2 files get overwritten by this install? Since the Big-F'ing package has some 4.10 files (as far as I could understand).

Cheers,

Paul
Hi Paul,
Sorry for the late reply. To be honest, I couldn't tell you whether it overwrites the 12.2 files. I don't think it does however. Thanks!
Dixon

skitchie

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2014, 07:29:17 AM »

I also forgot to mention that I think you may have to download a patch to the DBW version (MAYBIE, I'm not 100% sure). Test it out an tell me if it works!

skitchie

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2014, 06:23:35 PM »

Bumping, just so people still know there IS a fix.

pistolpete

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2014, 12:24:57 AM »

Hi skitchie

First off, thanks for spreading that information and your work on that hotfix!

As a newbie to this game I'm exactly in the situation not having an old version of the game for UP or DBW. As I don't have the skills to participate in online I'm desperate for DBW  :)

I downloaded the torrent and tried the procedure, not sure if it worked out correctly.

************HOW TO GET THE FIX***********
1) Download utorrent, makes downloading the files SO MUCH EASIER!! done
2) Go here: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,21514.msg239532.html#msg239532 done
3)At the bottom, there should be a link to a torrent that has this pack done
4)Download that ****! done
5)Install it to your root IL-2 Sturmovik folder and say yes to all to overwrite. done - but had nothing to overwrite here
6)Install the RC4 patch for Ultrapack done - I guess choosing the root folder here was correct, wasn't it?
7)Disable the Ultrapack in jsgme mhh, started JSGME from the root folder, but there was nothing to disable, because everything was disabled by default. The packs that could be enabled were DBW and UP
8)Use the mod selector that came with the install to select it and... started IL2 - Selector (guess that's correct) and choose DBW 1916. Game starting without errors
9)BOOM! You now have a working copy of DBW AND UP3! instead of having the pattern in the background that you linked, I have some wooden background?! Also I'm not sure whether I'm still able to still use JSGME or not. I would really like to pimp up the graphics a bit, is that already the case after applying your fix or do I need to enable anything else?

Thanks a lot for your help!
pete

dodo

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2015, 02:48:13 PM »

Worked for my steam install.
Thx skitchie ,u are great man.

Admiral Awsum

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2015, 05:44:28 PM »

Admin Edit: Fullquote snipped!

I also don't understand it. Anyone care to explain further please?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 24 queries.