Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: 3D German 20mm Cannon Spiralsmoke  (Read 39971 times)

panzer1b

Re: 3D German 20mm Cannon Spiralsmoke
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2010, 06:52:56 AM »

my laptop, although i lended it to friend recently (i using a tad outdated crap now so i have no way to test at teh moment, but from a few tests i made with the effects on my huge laptop

i experience no lag/fps drop/dissapearing objects at all except for like 3 situations:

>>spamming teh AB1000 bombs will lag like hell

>>placing about 30 20mm flak cannons will cause slight lag, although not as bad as ab1000s

>>wirbelwinds, just 3 or 4 will cause significant lag due to the overkill amount of fire in teh air at once
(i once wanted to test this wth a trail one and could easiy place like 20 untill i could see lagging issues)

overall in any normal situation ther is next to no lag at all (but i have disabled smoke on most mgs and therefore no plane capable of dishing out massive amounts o tracers has smoke)

still i choose not to use it as my gamestyle revolves about massive and i mean massive custom missions (100+ planes and like 200 or so ground units)

overall i reccomend it if you plane online play or small missions (online ther is rearely more then 1 wirbelwing or a few flaks at once), but more then 2 wirbelwings and a few 190s wth 6 20mm could be issue dependin on pc

anyways my specs are 9800m gts 1gb vidmem gpu, 2.2ghz dual core (il2 can only handle 1 though), 4 gig ram, vista (piece a shit if ya ask me), i forget actual model of it, gateway p-something, 1300, bucks so half decent, designed for games

i get decent preformance wth it, even played crisis on decent settings before (as a test)

anyway considering how many other effects i have custom and spawning like 2k particles sometimes it not bad for such a ol game

philip.ed

• The Real Dim Shady
  • Guess who's back?
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2010, 11:46:04 AM »

Nice, we seem to have fairly similar specs (yours are better though) ;)

ATI 4650 and Dual Core 2.(something) here :D

panzer1b

« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2010, 02:03:11 PM »

main reson i like lptps are cause i travel...a hecka lot....and i hate dragging a 50kg desktop everywhere, not to mention it sux epically in comparison to my lptp, iu just decided to spend money on something i can move around, even if it is 2x as expensive as a desktop

anyway i have no idea why but my game seems to run pretty smoothly (after fixing graphics crashes) which were reason i gave up il2 for like 1.5 yrs, used to play 2 or 3 years, gave up, then i came back after i figured out howa fix it

anyway i still say someone who knows how should try to up the limits to like 2008 games wth like 20000 particles as a max, as everuything seems to be the engine now, and literally my gpu has like no heat, while my cpu, which is not da best ever, gets lightly warm, but in comparison to il2, i can feel quite a lotta heat running crisis on it

anyway i'll get my lptp back in few days so i can finally play all my effects lag free, assuming i don't decide to place 200 units and use this spiral smoke mod....

Eexhaton

• Ancient Entity
  • Modder
  • Bukakke Blitzkrieg!
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2010, 03:37:52 AM »

Well, I can imagine you get some lag with missions as big as that. 100-200 planes is no mean feat. :)

The 3D spiral smoketrail has been tested & configured to run just within the limits of the most intense stock IL2 missions/tracks.
For example; TheBlackDeath, Intro, OnlineLa5vs109 and F4FvsG4M tracks.
So far it only gives some trouble around airfields with Wirbelwind flak because every darn tracer round has that smoketrail.

Nightshade

• TFS
  • kekekeke
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2010, 08:00:36 AM »

VERY NIIIIIICE! I really appreciate your effort. :D

How about making a 2D version that still looks very nice like this?

Well, I'm a beginner in modding, also to this forum, but I'll let out some mods some day.

S!

Eexhaton

• Ancient Entity
  • Modder
  • Bukakke Blitzkrieg!
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2010, 02:05:09 PM »

VERY NIIIIIICE! I really appreciate your effort. :D

How about making a 2D version that still looks very nice like this?

Well, I'm a beginner in modding, also to this forum, but I'll let out some mods some day.

S!
Thankyou Nightshade :P

There are several 2D versions around that look really good, but they are within bigger FX packs, like FX Revolution by Aed.
If you are handy, you can take those out.
This 3D version is meant as a replacement for the default/stock 2D version - but is a high(er) load on your system then the 2D one.

As a small word upon the future; I am still working on this mod and improvements might follow up soon ;)

Jafa

• Monkeeeeeeeeeey
  • Modder
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2010, 02:14:35 AM »

Yes, I also like your 20mm sound

Personaly i prefer my Mg 151 sound, but I would like to use your sound for the MG FF

I made it , it was originally for the Yak.9 , but somehow during the process of making UI.1.2 it found its way into  the 109s and 190s , I think it had somthing to do with the continuously changing weapons prs system that was going on at the the time and probably still is.

Samurai999

« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2012, 09:31:47 AM »

At different distances and under a different corner of the review in particular from a cabin and outside trasser of different color of the size and a structure. How ?????? it is possible to correct it?

Eexhaton

• Ancient Entity
  • Modder
  • Bukakke Blitzkrieg!
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2012, 02:14:13 PM »

Samurai; this mod was made to look good from inside the cockpit/guncam view.

It might look weird from other angles, like from outside the aircraft.
There is no way to correct that.

And this post is also a comeback to my words spoken in my last reply here, from April 19th 2010:
All possibilities have been explored and no extra gain in visual or effectiveness could be found.
So in short:
This mod will no longer be updated. :)

For all the fans and people who either used it in their respective modpacks or who helped me realise this one:
Thanks for all your support and a big ~S!~

H.D.

• F16fighter
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2013, 04:00:30 PM »

Is it possible to run the mod with UP 3.0RC4 and jsgememod? I tried it with no success  :(.

LuseKofte

« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2013, 10:40:47 PM »

If it does not work in jsgme maybe you should try to put it on top in the MOD/#UP/ #SAS folder

H.D.

• F16fighter
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2013, 03:50:34 PM »

Great  ;D ;D  8), it works. Thanks Jeager!

One of the greatest improvements I´ve ever seen!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 27 queries.