Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: " French Wings 1940 - 1945" - Modded Campaign  (Read 35060 times)

Flanker1985

Re: " French Wings 1940 - 1945" - Modded Campaign
« Reply #72 on: December 10, 2012, 05:20:06 PM »

Hi, vtrelut. I kind of have a small favorite to ask. Please don't turn me down, please~~~~.
I have read the manual and know there is a way to limit the appearance of fake aircrafts. But it doesn't completely solve the problem. You see, firstly it only limited the chance of occurring, also I still have to pilot a fake one such as the LaGG-3. I tried to edit "planeFrC" file, but it did not work, because your campaign doesn't recognise any aircraft other than your original ones. So if I for example add another one like Hurricane Mk1, it will not generate a campaign for me.

But I really love your campaign, especially the one called "For the honor of France". Can you modify it into a real lift plane only campaign? Please~! I only need the one called "For the honor of France" to be this way. Please~!

vtrelut

• SAS Honourable Member
  • Cheese addicted froggy
« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2012, 02:28:09 AM »

Hello Flanker1985, first of all thank you very much for your interest in my campaigns. I understand you want only historical flyables in the pilot career "For the honor of France" right?

Don't  worry I won't turn your request down.
Actually I even believe it is already possible with just one small modification of only one file (not explained in the manual).
If my memory is correct, proceed as follows: first of all make sure you have a modded game version, and that you use the "ultimate  edition" of my campaigns (D/L available at M4T).  Find the folder JSGMEMODS/-FrenchWingsNoMods/DGen. In that folder, find the file PlanesFrC.dat and edit it to add the Curtiss H-75 and the Morane406: under each of the subcampaign headings DDG, BOF1, AirStart40, BOF2,  add 2 lines: MS406 and P_36A3; under each of the subcampaign headings MedfR1 and TorchfR, add the line P_36A3; under the subcampaign heading MedfR add the line MS406. Be careful and add exactly these lines. Save and close your edited PlanesFrC.dat file. Do not try the Hurricane MkI: it is not flyable for allied nations in DGen. Then in JSGME, activate the options for the unmodded version "FrenchWingsNoMods" and  "Battle of France & Vichy briefings". Finally, start your game and choose your pilot career and only historical flyable planes in the drop-down box menus available for each sub-campaign, before generating any mission. You should have the Curtiss H-75 and Morane 406 as available options. Later in the career you may switch back to the regular briefings, it will work.

Please let me know the results.

Note: the editing trick above should also work just with the unmodded version of my campaigns, version 10, also available at M4T, but the game itself must be modded to allow the Curtiss H-75 and the Morane 406 to be flyable.

Flanker1985

« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2012, 06:04:57 AM »

Hi Vtrelut. Thanks so much for helping me. I like your Campaign very much. So far it is the only DGen Campaign that has the battle in western front, not that I don't like eastern front, but I have been playing it for so long, and want to fly for a different air force in different places for a change  ;)  And your "For the honor of France" recalled the western front right from the beginning to the very end.

So basically I need those mod thing, that mean I have to either download SAS or HSFX? OK, I can't do that right now actually. Because I my internet connection is kind crap. But as soon as I got them I'll start to do them things. But thank you so much for the help ;)

vtrelut

• SAS Honourable Member
  • Cheese addicted froggy
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2012, 06:26:55 AM »

You just need a modded game with the MS406 and H-75A3 flyable. If you use 4.111m as your game version, install HSFX 6. Otherwise a mod activator is enough, as long as you can fly those 2 birds in QMB.

Flanker1985

« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2012, 08:20:16 PM »

Thanks mate  ;)

steph12

• Modder
  • Quid Si Coelum Ruat
« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2013, 08:17:15 AM »

Looks like the BoF is finally arriving on IL2!!! Thanks a lot mate!

Flanker1985

« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2013, 10:52:16 AM »

You just need a modded game with the MS406 and H-75A3 flyable. If you use 4.111m as your game version, install HSFX 6. Otherwise a mod activator is enough, as long as you can fly those 2 birds in QMB.

Hi mate. Haven't see you for a long time. How have you been?
I have just downloaded this HSFX thing. They have every plane you ever need and new western front map as well. So I just wonder if you ever considered to do a remake of France campaign.

Also, can you teach me how to make a DGen Campaign of my own? Thanks a lot.

vtrelut

• SAS Honourable Member
  • Cheese addicted froggy
« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2013, 11:56:29 AM »

Hi M8, I will update my campaigns once the D-520 is available. Regarding maps it is more complicated than for planes, and will take more time, since a new DGen.exe is required (it is now being reworked by Asura).

As far as editing/creating your own DGen campaigns, please check out the knowledge base at M4T, with articles by Amagi and myself, among others.

Happy flying!

Flanker1985

« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2013, 10:12:34 AM »

That's great~! Hold on~! Are you making D-520?

Also is there a way to stop the campaign from generate fake AI planes like LaGG-3 and Pe-2??
I think I have asked you this before at some point, but I think you mistook my mean and think that I don't want to fly a fake plane myself.
Can you help me? Much appreciate mate.  :)

Also your friend Boelcke have been this western front campaign. In his campaign, the last battle in Western German, but in your campaign, it is still the old eastern Berlin campaign from the Normandie-Niemen. Have you thought about to switch it to western German?  ;)

vtrelut

• SAS Honourable Member
  • Cheese addicted froggy
« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2013, 11:35:49 PM »

I am not in charge of the D-520, there is a team of modders doing it.

Regarding planes, just choose those you want to fly... and avoid the fakes. There is a menu option for that.
Now to avoid fake AIs, reduce random planes to 0 in conf.ini (check my read-me, it is explained there).

Regarding the West German map, actually it is the Northwestern Europe map, and I also use it a lot in my campaigns. Just try other careers.

Happy flying! :)

Flanker1985

« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2013, 03:12:56 AM »

Thanks mate.
However I just looked, my conf.ini doesn't even have that section. Have I been missing anything?

vtrelut

• SAS Honourable Member
  • Cheese addicted froggy
« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2013, 05:24:51 AM »

Yes you should add a [DGen] section to your conf.ini: see my read-me. ;)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 26 queries.