Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: " French Wings 1940 - 1945" - Modded Campaign  (Read 20830 times)

amittaizero

• esse quam videri
    • Twitter
HSFX 6.0 and French Wings
« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2013, 05:56:46 AM »

Great and mighty vtrelut,

So thrilled to find a dedicated French campaign - I've always been fascinated by the way the French continued the war even after the Vichy government came into power.

I'm having a bit of trouble playing the mod. I have HSFX 6.0 (plus patch) installed so that I can have all of the planes required by your mod. If I try to launch the game with the following mods activated: french AI voices, default French skins, Normandy map, Battle of France and Vichy briefings in English, and HSFX history mod - the game simply doesn't launch.

If I start the game without HSFX enabled, I'm able to go into the campaign but missions never launch due to this error message: 'Mission Loading failed: air.BF_109E1. I know this is something I'm doing wrong but I've read all of your readme material and browsed all the forums and can't fix it.

Here's how I installed the mod:

- installed direct2download patch (I have the Steam 4.09m version)
- installed enjoyr's skin packs
- installed hsfx 6.0
- installed hsfx 6.0 patch
- installed French Wings campaigns (dgen.exe, dgen, paintschemes, MODS and JSGMEMODS)
- did campaign settings from "read me first"

I open myself up to noob hate if I have to but I'm desperate to play this campaign. Thanks!

greybeard

• Modder
  • diligo veritatem
    • Old stuff about RB3D and a tiny "IL2 corner"
Re: " French Wings 1940 - 1945" - Modded Campaign
« Reply #85 on: June 13, 2013, 08:52:47 AM »

Sorry for the intrusion, but I am also a big fan of the great Vtrelut's French campaign.

I read that you have installed HSFX on top of 4.9 and it is not good because HSFX 6 is for 4.11!

Please read carefully instructions in "French Wings 1940 - 1945" - Modded Campaign "and start from ModPack UP2.01, adding the missing aircraft (if you can still find them).

I advise you to play the version for stock IL2, which does not take away the pleasure of the campaign and only requires 4.9. You can find it at following link:

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=3424
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 - RAM: 2GB DDR @ 201 MHz - MoBo: ASUSTeK Computer INC. A8N-SLI (Socket 939) - Vidcard: 1024MB NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT (Club3D) - Screen: L1750SQ (1280x1024@75Hz) - Audio: Realtek AC'97 Audio.

amittaizero

• esse quam videri
    • Twitter
« Reply #86 on: June 13, 2013, 09:41:58 AM »

Ah of course, that makes sense *facepalm* Thank you very much for the assistance.

vtrelut

• SAS Honourable Member
  • Cheese addicted froggy
« Reply #87 on: June 13, 2013, 12:02:18 PM »

Great, I am glad you already found some help. Thank you Greybeard! :)

Flanker1985

« Reply #88 on: July 15, 2014, 07:42:47 PM »

Hey Vtrelut, long time no see. How have you been, mate?

I remember once you told me that you are going to make a HSFX version of this campaign. So we can fly with realist planes instead of fake replacement.'
Just wonder if you have done that yet. Because I still love your campaign. I am your biggest fan~!!!
 ;D

vtrelut

• SAS Honourable Member
  • Cheese addicted froggy
« Reply #89 on: July 16, 2014, 02:51:32 PM »

8) Hi mate, thanks a lot for your kind words.;)

Actually I am waiting for the future game patch which will include a stock Dewoitine D-520, to update my campaigns. I understand that Macwan/TD is working on it, maybe for 4.13m or 4.14m?

Once the stock game includes a D-520,  I will of course replace other fakes by the correct planes as much as possible from the stock game, and then I intend to work on mods too: Bloch 152, B-26 Marauder, etc.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 26 queries.