Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: "Years of Triumph" - 103 mission Luftwaffe campaign finally OUT!  (Read 41460 times)

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
"Years of Triumph" - 103 mission Luftwaffe campaign finally OUT!
« on: December 24, 2013, 02:00:24 AM »

It has been more than a year since I started working on this Luftwaffe mega-campaign, but now it is finished, with more Bf 109 missions than you can shake a stick at!  :)

“Years of Triumph” is a static campaign, 103 missions long, yes 103 missions, where the player flies as a Luftwaffe fighter pilot during the years of 1937-1941, using most of the early variants of the famous Messerschmitt Bf 109, from the B2 to the F4. The player will participate in the following sub-campaigns:

•   Spanish Civil War 1937
•   Invasion of Poland 1939
•   North Sea Battles 1939
•   Phoney War 1939-40
•   Invasion of Holland May 1940
•   Battle for France May-June 1940
•   Battle of Britain July-October 1940
•   Battle over Malta 1941
•   Campaign against Yugoslavia April 1941
•   North African Battles Summer of 1941
•   Invasion of the Sovit Union 1941 NEW!

Download the campaign here: http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=1869

Campaign has now been updated to version 2.0: This the the last and ultimate version. Introduced many new aircraft, and new ground objects (all that can be found in the Years of Triumph Mod Pack). Also added no less than 23 additional missions, taking the campaign into the invasion of the Soviet Union in 1941. This is meant to be the ultimate version of this campaign!

And now there is also a "Years of Triumph Mod Pack", a JSGME-activated Mod Pack with just the extra four aircraft and the extra map you need to play this campaign. You can download it here: http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=2076

The unit you follow is a sort of composite of several German Luftwaffe units. Most missions are based on history. But rather than following the exact doings of a single Geschwader I have tried to give the player a sense of how it could be like to be a Bf 109 pilot during these years. Only historical aircraft and historical maps are used. It follows the actual historical course of the battles portrayed. Note that a couple of the aerial combats are pretty one-sided, in German favour, but this is the early war period, right? I have also tried to follow the historical small unit compositions, so that most Luftwaffe units uses formations of 4 aircraft, while the British and French most of the time uses formations of 3 aircraft. But there are of course variations, as in real life, when local conditions and availability of aircraft more than textbook tactics dictated what appeared over the battlefield.

"Years of Triumph" has been built with and for DBW 1.71, but uses a lot of additional Mods. You will get them all in one fell swoop if you also download and install my simple, jsgme-activated "Years of Triumph" Mod Pack, that can be found here:

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=2076

With the campaign comes 77 skins, made by the following skinners: A1_Phoenix, Archie, Canon_UK, Emel, Graf, Hayate, Imme, Jbunelle, Kristorf, Laperemagloire, Laufer, Macwan, Mission_Bug, Monguse, Murdoc, Owl, Patrulla Azul, PGP, RDDR, Revolver, Shooter, Sparty, Tchaika and of course VP_media. Many, many thanks for your great work! (You find some of the best skinners in the world in this list!)

"Years of Triumph" originally started as an overhaul of some of my old Bf109 campaigns when it struck me: why not add some other campaigns, not yet covered, and join them all together to form a single REALLY big campaign of all those individual ones? This is the result. I've had great support from the playtesters CMW, Crazy G, Gerson and Lanius - but any remaining errors are my responsibility, not theirs!  8) Thanks to all who have been involved, directly or indirectly, not least all Modders, who give so much of their talent and time to this great game of ours!

Thanks for looking!  :)
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
Re: "Years of Triumph" - 80 mission Luftwaffe campaign finally OUT!
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 02:34:00 AM »

Hello Poltava!

let me be the first to congratulate you on that great campaign! It looks like it will provide a host of fun, just like the other campaigns you have given to us :)
I guess that will be the one to fly after some excursions into China thanks to your recent SCW updates :)

so, Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones, enjoy the holidays!

cheers and best wishes
phil

TICI

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 04:36:16 AM »

Hi Poltava.
 Any chance in the near future for HSFX 6.017 or HSFX 7.01 version ?.
TICI

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 04:52:21 AM »

It should work in HSFX, provided you have the Mods in the list. Have a go at it, and report back!
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

TICI

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2013, 06:58:26 AM »

Which HSFX version it should work and I should try ?.
TICI

spartan18a

• Supporter
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2013, 08:04:47 AM »

Thanks. I'll also try with the HSFX.  :)
Winning is optional, but trying your best is not.

spartan18a

• Supporter
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2013, 10:58:08 AM »

What a Christmas present! Thanks Santa :) I love it. Trying first mission right now

Bizu

• Art Director
  • I.A.R.-80 Legacy
    • Facebook page
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2013, 12:00:19 PM »

Outstanding work, thanks!
Ex nihilo, nihil fit

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2013, 02:04:10 PM »

Which HSFX version it should work and I should try ?.
TICI

The HSFX 6, I guess. But you must try and see!

flugkapitan

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2013, 08:20:50 PM »

Thank you, Poltava!!

Cheers,
Scott

TICI

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2013, 06:54:46 AM »

Hi Poltava,
 I think it would be better to wait if you come out with the HSFX version. I'm having problems to download the first french plane and it is too confusing the all.ini changes , I don't want to screw up the game.
Hopefully you will have am HSFX vesrion.
Keep the good work, I like your Campaigns.
TICI

spartan18a

• Supporter
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2013, 07:19:20 AM »

Tici Maybe someone can gives us some instructions to do it. It shouldn't be so difficult. :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 27 queries.