Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Siege of Malta - bug on mission n°47  (Read 2239 times)

markino

The Siege of Malta - bug on mission n°47
« on: December 19, 2013, 12:50:31 AM »

Hi guys, playing the "Siege of Malta" campaign I noticed in mission n°47 the take-off at start began from water (maybe a carrier lost?).
I solved by FMB modifying with airstart and landing on Malta island.
Has anyone encountered the same problem?

I re-post my previous question if somebody can reply to me, please...
Hello guys, I wish ask to you a little curiosity about "The Siege of Malta". A couple of times, although I shot down enemy planes and landed at airbase without even a scratch, I had to "refly" the mission without obtain the "apply" way.
I tried two by three times to do that and the only way was to do the mission till enemies all shot down and then continuos the fly in autopilot mode.
I also noticed when wing arrive to airbase the landing path changes in a different way.
So, the main question: wich is the best way to end the mission in a complete way?

Many thanks for your help!

Marco

tbauchot

• Modder
Re: The Siege of Malta - bug on mission n°47
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 12:27:35 PM »

Hello Marco.

I have just tried this mission and I start from a carrier flying a Sea Hurricane... Have you the last files for this campaign ?

Sorry for my bad English, I'm French...

Best regards, Thierry.

markino

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 12:42:01 AM »

Hello Thierry, thanks for your reply  :). I downloaded the SoM severel months ago and I don't know if there are updates for this campaign. I modified the mission by FMB starting mission in airstart mode. In FMB also there wasn't carrier on the sea and the start was from the sea...!?!? Obviously the plane sunk into the sea immediately when mission started....
Maybe I have a old version of the campaign. How can I check for this, and how can I check if there was a carrier in the specified mission, please?
Don't worry for your English, my is not better, too... ;).

Ciao!

Marco

tbauchot

• Modder
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 01:30:25 PM »

tbauchot

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 01:33:09 PM »

and this : https://www.mediafire.com/?jhseepuf81kwb53 for the download

Thierry.

markino

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, 10:37:19 AM »

Hello Thierry, thanks for your reply! As I said I played already mission 47, now I am on mission 51 and the mission 55 is the last, so I think is not the case to download SoM again and mainly to restart it from the beginning ...;)...

Aces of Spades has already wait for me... ;)...oh, I hope to have the last version, without bugs...

Ciao!

Marco

tbauchot

• Modder
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2013, 01:41:34 PM »

I wish you a lot of pleasure with the ace of spade !

Personally I think that this campaign is the best of Monty "products" !...  ;)

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2013, 10:52:06 PM »

Hello Marco!

sorry for the late reply;
it seems you are missing the aircraft carrier Eagle because #47 requires you to take off from it;
check the ini files for all entries for the Eagle, might be that there lies the problem...

cheers
phil

markino

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2013, 12:17:02 AM »

Hello Phil, glad to hear you again! thanks for info, I will check for Eagle carrier in the  ini file next days, but is most probably I lost the carrier...

I take this opportunity to ask you for help even as below (https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,38203.12.html):

Hello guys, I tested Bender's Ultimate Environment with 3 antivirus and no hazards results, so I decided to install it.
I tried to install the Bender's Ultimate Environment but it seem not work properly, though not as in your images
Due to problems with Mcaffee antivirus, I unzipped the 7-zip file in a new folder in another pc, then copy and paste in a storage key and finally put all in the MODS folder in IL-2 1946, but as said previously it seem not work... . I tried to set several combinations of clouds and cirrus but without results...
I also tried to put it in #DBW folder but no results again... Clouds doesn't appears...

Could you tell me the correct way to install it and where correctly, please?

Many thanks for your help and Merry Christmas!!!

Ciao!

Marco

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2013, 01:26:13 AM »

Hello Marco!

I have Benders mod up and running (sort of), but will not use it for everyday flying; reason is simple, it gives inconsistent results with regard to image quality and it has some strange bugs....
for example, when running the sim with Bender´s for the first time, all is normal, the clouds look just great, but in the second or third session, or sometimes even only later, clouds start to get blocky with crap looking artefacts in the sky...

if you want to try his mod, it is rather simple to set up though;
I do not remember the exact file structure after unzipping, but you should have approximately this structure:
#DBW\Benders Mod\ and within this folder, several subfolders and an exe file with which you can select the combination of clouds you want to use;
I can check for you when I am at home how my folder structure looks like...

cheers and Merry Christmas
phil

markino

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2013, 02:21:53 AM »

Yes, me too setted the clouds (huge mode) and cirrus with the exe file but nothing changing. Simply the couds remains as in the normal stock game mode... A mistery...for me...

I never see the huge clouds as shown in screenshots by other members...

Many thanks for your help!

Ciao!

Marco

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 24 queries.