Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Focke-Achgelis Fa223 Drache  (Read 10738 times)

AG-51_Razor

• Air Group 51
Re: Focke-Achgelis Fa223 Drache
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2013, 12:29:24 PM »

I have seen a picture of this machine with an external load under it. I believe that the caption under the picture said that the Germans used it to transport artillery and ammunition up to a mountain top position inaccessible by road. I wonder if it would be possible to model some kind of external cargo, as a load out? Not talking about the dynamics of modeling the FM to simulate an external load, just the visual of a box, or maybe an artillery piece, hanging below the helicopter along with the added weight such as how the weight of a bomb or torpedo is modeled in an airplane.

Regardless, this is a beautiful model and will make a great addition to the game!

SAS~Loku

• SAS Team
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2013, 04:09:22 PM »

I have tried to make this one few years ago, and there were problems with making it fly properly (early days of helicopter developmnet here on sas), some time later when Wasted released his Mi24 i decided to make another attempt and we tried to adapt Mi-24 code and fm to it but it refuse to work properly.

P7a/P11c/f/g P24a/b/e/f/g PZL23/42 PWS-10/26 R-XIII RWD-10/14 GeeBeeR1/R2/Granville P-45 , WhippetMkI, Sdkfz-234/1/2, Kurogane, TKS, Wz.29/34 and some other shit XD

David Prosser

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2013, 04:29:44 PM »

Ah, that's the flight I was thinking about Max. Have a great weekend.

cheers

David

mikoyan99

• Modder
  • I'd give up rice fields to fight like you
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2013, 05:34:10 PM »

Damn; there's not masses of point continuing with this one then.  :(
-Matt

RooMan296

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2013, 06:16:57 PM »

Lol..let's not be too hasty! Perhaps the issues with the FM can be worked out. Thats such a nice model, it seems a shame not to get it up and runnin'...

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2013, 08:30:26 PM »

Damn; there's not masses of point continuing with this one then.  :(
-Matt

By all means, Please Do Not Give up Matt, or you too Loku.
You guys have certain skills with making a great model for IL2 and it seems that this one might already be half
finished... but not entirely complete. Still not finished to the end.

Why donĀ“t you 2 good friends (Matt + Loku) work together in making this classic helicopter fly correctly and
add a few more details to it in 3-D if needed. That way it will be finished faster.
Otherwise it will never be finished.

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

Fresco23

• Part-Time Skinner
  • Modder
  • F.A.C. #23
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2013, 09:04:21 PM »

Lol..let's not be too hasty! Perhaps the issues with the FM can be worked out. Thats such a nice model, it seems a shame not to get it up and runnin'...

indeed.. it's beautiful!
cogito, ergo sum armatus

SAS~Bombsaway

• Choose your battles wisely.
  • SAS Team
  • A day without laughter is a day wasted
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2013, 09:31:48 PM »

If there is a bump in the road, you either go around it or over it. Damn the torpedos, full steam ahead! Dont give up. There were those who said we would never have helos in IL2 yet there are now. Never give up.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

mikoyan99

• Modder
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2013, 03:18:18 AM »

True - I have to admit i'm tempted to continue with my own 3D (that's the part I enjoy with IL-2 modding). I was thinking of using the autgyro FM - it's not perfect but it would get a flyable version of the aircraft in-game.  If nothing else it'll provie and ideal static model and adversary. How does that sound to you Loku?
-Matt

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2013, 03:02:24 PM »

Loku and Matt please get together and work on this fine classic helicopter. It is a truly beautiful machine, the first
of its type. I personally would enjoy having it in t eh game as a flying machine as well as a static aircraft.

A few years ago, there were many doubts as to if it was really possible to have helicopters flying in
this game, but it was created and it is possible. They fly great!
But since then, not many helicopters have been created. According to my aviation history books, there were many
cool helicopters flying in WW2. Some even had machine guns and other weapons and were involved in combat with
US forces in early 1945! Its true look it up.
So these helicopters are not just worthless machines with no job to do in the IL2-1946 game world. They can be used
 for many spectacular action+flying scenes and missions to recreate real history in WW2.

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

Valkas

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2013, 03:26:59 PM »

And don't forget 1946. It is entirely possible to have first heli vs heli dogfight in this alternate history scenario. Just imagine Fa223 intercepted by Bell 47.

mikoyan99

• Modder
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2013, 07:25:49 PM »

Loku and Matt please get together and work on this fine classic helicopter. It is a truly beautiful machine, the first
of its type. I personally would enjoy having it in t eh game as a flying machine as well as a static aircraft.

A few years ago, there were many doubts as to if it was really possible to have helicopters flying in
this game, but it was created and it is possible. They fly great!
But since then, not many helicopters have been created. According to my aviation history books, there were many
cool helicopters flying in WW2. Some even had machine guns and other weapons and were involved in combat with
US forces in early 1945! Its true look it up.
So these helicopters are not just worthless machines with no job to do in the IL2-1946 game world. They can be used
 for many spectacular action+flying scenes and missions to recreate real history in WW2.

Problem is Max I tend towards 3d modelling and a little coding - my skills don't lie with FM's (I don't have a working editor currently for example), so while i'm happy to build a 3D model and get it flying to a basic level, I can't help with any FM work at all - the only work I can do on the Drache is 3D, and if that's already done?
-Matt
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 21 queries.