Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dogfight - Spitfire IIA vs Bf 109E  (Read 2956 times)

Hamm66

Dogfight - Spitfire IIA vs Bf 109E
« on: December 07, 2013, 03:34:26 PM »

The Classic Dogfight of the Battle of Britain - the Spitfire IIA vs the Bf109E.

Here is the link for download:

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=1847

Here is the link for the original thread with screen shots:

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=ForumsPro&file=viewtopic&t=17900

The Situation:

The Classic Dogfight of the Battle of Britain - the Spitfire IIA vs the Bf109E. You will find yourself in the skies over Dover on the 15th of August, 2 days after 'Adlertag'.

The weather is fine over Britain with clouds over France and the Channel in the morning clearing by afternoon.

This, one of the three days that most influenced the outcome of the whole Battle, became known to the Luftwaffe as "Black Thursday". By noon 60 Ju87s and about 40 Bf109s attacked
 Lympne, which was out of use for the next two days, and also Hawkinge and Manston. Damage to mains electricity put radar stations at Dover, Rye and Foreness off the air.

The Missions:

All of the missions start at the same time and on the same day - three in the Spitfire and three in the Bf109. The missions are numbered Version 1, 2 and 3 but this is not a measure of difficulty. Nor is the title an indication of what may happen in the mission. In an effort to reflect the fog of war each mission is laid out differently with different advantages to either side.

Success should be possible but not easy and, as this is August 15 1940, "Black Thursday", the Luftwaffe missions may be slightly more difficult to complete successfully.

This is the first of a series of five mission packs based on the book 'Dogfight - The Greatest Air Duels of World War II' edited by Tony Holmes. Each 'chapter' features a pair of fighters; Spitfire IIA vs Bf 109E (this mission pack), P-47 Thunderbolt vs Bf 109G/K, P-40 Warhawk vs Ki-43 "Oscar", P-51 Mustang vs Fw 190 and Seafire vs A6M Zero. The book discusses the advantages and disadvantages of each aircraft, the strategic situation in which they fought and the tactics used by the pilots on each side in an effort to succeed.

I have tried to reflect this in the missions so if the player uses the best tactics for the fighter he is in he should be able to complete the missions successfully.

To install:

Unpack the Mission folder to your DBW 1.71 folder and everything should go where it should.

There are no extra mods or skins needed.

Credits:
 CannonUK for the Channel map and everyone who contributed to DBW.

snachito

Re: Dogfight - Spitfire IIA vs Bf 109E
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 10:29:44 AM »

Sweet!! I was looking for this thank you!!!

kosmikz

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 04:46:57 PM »

Can someone tell me how i install this? Any help would be appreciated...

cheers, Kosmikz

Pivoyvo

• Ein Tiecher bleibt immer Siecher
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 01:40:17 AM »

unzip or unrar with, for example, winrar take the Folder called single and put this where your Game IL-2 is stored for example C:\Games\Il-2 1946\Missions\Single and itegrate it there.
then you start the game and in Single missions you should have a Folder called bf-109 e.
the english i didnt test.

btw. Great Missions Hamm66

kosmikz

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 01:06:20 PM »

I did everything right and when i started the game, the screen was like upside down and frozen it was weird...any help?

Cheers, Kosmikz

kosmikz

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 06:48:59 AM »

Hello Hamm,

When I installed the campaign the whole game worked fine, it was just that part of the game that didnt work. I have DBW ultra pack installed.

Hope this helps,
Cheers, Kosmikz

kosmikz

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2013, 03:36:14 PM »

I downloaded the lean version and the same thing happened that was going on with the regular download...Something very odd is going on...Hmmmm, I hope I find something out soon...

Cheers, Kosmikz

kosmikz

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2013, 10:25:29 AM »

Everything goes fine up until i try to fly in one of the missions then when the mission loads that when the screen is upside down and frozen... To get back to the game I just press Esc and quit the mission...Hope this helps

Cheers,Kosmikz

kosmikz

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2013, 10:33:42 PM »

Yes , i can load FMB just fine

Cheers, Kosmikz

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2013, 10:48:12 PM »

hello!

sounds like you have something wrong in your install, an aircraft for example;
that usually happens if there is a problem with the hier.him file of an aircraft for example;
have you added any mods that maybe have a hier.him included? new pilots for example?

kosmikz

Re: Dogfight - Spitfire IIA vs Bf109E
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2013, 07:43:43 PM »

Hello griffon,

Where can i find the "Hier.him" file at in my Il-2 folder?

Cheers, Kosmikz
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 21 queries.