Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Own Slot Beechcraft -18 WWII (Ectoflyer)  (Read 24937 times)

Maty12

Re: Own Slot Beechcraft -18 WWII (Ectoflyer)
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2014, 04:46:47 PM »

I know it's an old post, but I just discovered it. Can anyone make a silver skin for it, like the one in The Flyboys?

Please? Also, I noticed some mistakes on the plane: The cockpit (Outside part) has the wrong arrangement of windows, the B-25's inside isn't similar to it either. The gear's also missing the outside part, the plane sinks through the ground when it crashes and there's a mapping error on the roof, shown here:

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2014, 10:10:29 PM »

the kind of errors you describe above are inherent to many 'franken' planes, and pretty common.
do not expect the same level of accuracy with these franken-type planes, it's simply not possible, due to their nature.
please accept this.
the guys do their best with franken-planes, but they are called so for a reason.i won't tolerate nit-picky type complaints in the franken-plane section, it is simply not fair on the modders.
if you want it perfect, then make your own one.  we can always use more modders.  ;)
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

Maty12

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2014, 10:20:08 AM »

Sorry.

SAS~Malone

• Editor
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2014, 10:51:38 AM »

no need to apologise, mate - just letting you know about some of the inherent shortcomings with franken-planes, that they will seldom be perfect  ...  ;)

Maty12

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2014, 11:01:15 AM »

I'm planning on making my own B-26 template (Since the skins used are for the B-25, which causes some mapping issues) by using Jarink's B-25 Template and the B-26 skins for the internals. Also, people keep saying Diff_FM is included in the Modact, but it's not.

SAS~Malone

• Editor
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2014, 11:16:21 AM »

it's certainly included in the Engine Mod, and it should really be that file i mentioned in your other thread.
if you're still having no luck, then i'm not sure what to say, but i'll get some of the other guys to look and see if they can help - it might be something wrong with your install....
anyway, let's not steer this thread off-topic, rather discuss it further in your thread ;)

Maty12

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2014, 12:36:29 PM »

Sure think. But I do hope someone makes the skin I requested (Pictured above). I though the mapping problem was fixable because the A-20 has the same thing in engine no. 2 and that was fixed in the Engines and Cowlings fix.

Flamer50

• 'Tracers work both ways.'
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2014, 02:50:47 PM »

Thanks CW!
Just tried your version in my installs(409,4101,DBW and 412), it works in all
of them. ;D

Edit:
Added Ecto's Antenna fix and no probs with that. Also, Thank You for changing
the loadouts, much rather see boxes flying out the hatch than para's. ;)

'The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.'

CWatson

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2014, 05:16:34 PM »

Thank You for changing
the loadouts, much rather see boxes flying out the hatch than para's. ;)

There are loadouts for both. Cargo in default and paratroopers in the second loadout.

CW

Airbourne

• Nil Desperandum
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2014, 10:13:22 AM »

This is a great aircraft, much needed by we gentle people who like transport flights where we can admire the scenery! It will also make a rough stand-in for the Focke Wulf Weihe. In my 409 set-up I found that if you tried to take off using the autopilot the plane nosed over. I have experimented however, and I have found it does not do this if you fly empty or even with paratroops. It also does not do it if you reduce fuel to 50%. If you really have to fly with the default weaponry and full fuel you can avoid trouble by giving the positive elevator trim a sharp jab when you see a nose-over starting. This is just to help anyone who has the same problem; no criticism is intended.

Benelli

« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2014, 02:10:39 PM »

This is a great aircraft, much needed by we gentle people who like transport flights where we can admire the scenery! It will also make a rough stand-in for the Focke Wulf Weihe. In my 409 set-up I found that if you tried to take off using the autopilot the plane nosed over. I have experimented however, and I have found it does not do this if you fly empty or even with paratroops. It also does not do it if you reduce fuel to 50%. If you really have to fly with the default weaponry and full fuel you can avoid trouble by giving the positive elevator trim a sharp jab when you see a nose-over starting. This is just to help anyone who has the same problem; no criticism is intended.

I can confirm this bug (tested on 4.09 installation), and as a temporary solution you and AI can take off with 50% fuel. By the way, thanks to all involved in this mod and its 4.09 conversion. ^^
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 24 queries.