Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coastal Ferry v1.1m  (Read 16008 times)

Kopfdorfer

• Potez 63.11 France's most significant AC in 1940
Re: Coastal Ferry v1.1m
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2014, 11:22:38 AM »

Hey Epervier,

This is an awesome add , which I and others were angling for for a long time. I appreciate these tremendously.
                   There are a couple of further evolutions for both Lichter 1 and Lichter 2 which I hope you might consider :
          1) It would be awesome to make the cargo more generic , by placing various canvas or tarpaulin covered cargo with no specific shape ( for instance some combo of Object 574 Box Cover Big , Object 575 Box Cover Medium)
          2) It would be useful to have empty versions of both
          3) It would be useful and historical to have a version of both/either with a 20mm Oerlikon AA Gun and a 40mm Static Bofors AA Gun - such barges were often used on European waterways to protect harbours , canals , ferry crossings , and bridges.
          4) It would be useful to have barrage balloons mounted on a lichter as well.
          Clearly the most efficient way to do this would be to mirror the loadout options type menu available to aircraft for ships - I realize this is most unlikely as it requires deep changes to game structure, hence the annoying multiple requests.

Anyhow , these are an excellent addition as they are. Thanks again.

Kopfdorfer

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2019, 03:16:49 PM »

I know this mod is a few years old. But I am back after a long hiatus. Anyway, I finally managed to get it properly installed.

However, the ferry can only be placed on land, not on water. And even though I've been trying on several maps, it won't be allowed on rivers either, not even in the vicinity of rivers, however wide or narrow.

Is there something I am missing? I've gone through all the posts of course, but I seem to at a loss for a fix ... how do I get these on rivers?

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2019, 09:01:59 PM »

Hi.

However, the ferry can only be placed on land, not on water. And even though I've been trying on several maps, it won't be allowed on rivers either, not even in the vicinity of rivers, however wide or narrow.

That's just Epervier's pondered plan.

From request topic ---
The problem with an object "ship" is that it takes a certain depth of water.
We'll have to cheat ... more ...

So, this mod is programmed as ground vehicles to move on very shallow water (ship objects cannot go) part of maps.

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2019, 01:20:59 AM »

Hi.

That's just Epervier's pondered plan.

From request topic ---
The problem with an object "ship" is that it takes a certain depth of water.
We'll have to cheat ... more ...

So, this mod is programmed as ground vehicles to move on very shallow water (ship objects cannot go) part of maps.

I figured out the last part, which is not a bad idea. However I can't get the ferries to work on shallow rivers either. They only work on real land.

David Prosser

« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2019, 11:47:59 PM »

Same for me, so far in BAT Cirque.

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2019, 04:23:07 PM »

Umm... I'm not sure , but perhaps TD's stock game update effect around version 4.10m .

In some time, TD might make ground vehicle moving rules into more strict.
If so .... this Coastal Ferry mod doesn't work as planned on current games.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 21 queries.