Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 48   Go Down

Author Topic: Share a screen BOS  (Read 108989 times)

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
Re: Share a screen BOS
« Reply #348 on: March 29, 2018, 06:39:06 AM »

Another Flying-Ass-Clown-Style flyby, followed by Skylla threatening me with his flare gun:

Cheers!
Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

LuseKofte

« Reply #349 on: March 29, 2018, 07:23:06 AM »

Nice pictures, I really do not know what to think about the A 20, I find it pretty soul less in BOX. I liked it better in old IL 2. But still a wonderful bomber and addition to Russian airpower. Can hold double the load than the PE 2 . The IL 2 is still my favorite . HS 129 is made uncontrolable for me, cannot use axis on pitch nor mixture . I find the auto pitch unusable. Still feel the LAGG 2, IL 2 and PE 2 provide the best realism in feel of flight

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #350 on: March 30, 2018, 01:07:31 AM »

We (Skylla and me) have been talking about that statement of yours, Otto, yesterday on our evening test sortie.
Both of us (mostly) agreed.
Among the planes available to date, the Lagg 3 and IL-2 definitely give the best feeling of being "just right". The Pe-2 is okay, but to me it's rougly on the same level like the Fw 190.
All other planes feel a bit off here and there.
But then again, we're all just armchair pilots so what does our bums feeling count?

The Henschel is a beast to fly, you have to read the pilot's manual each time before you take off. With those strange french engines, the absence of axis for pitch and mixture is porbably just correct, and the fact that auto pitch was meant to be used for combat and emergency power only apparently is correct. For cruise you are supposed to switch off the auto pitch and adjust it yourself, which means you constantly have to deal with mixture, pitch and ATA because all of this varies with speed and altitude. As I said: A beast to fly. It seems like the engineers were well aware that controlling all these parameters takes a big portion of the pilot's attention, so they threw in this half-hearted auto pitch to at least avoid over-revving the engine in combat situations.

Okay, time for a screenie. Skylla for a perfect 3-point touchdown, the plane needs a bit of a repaint:

Cheers!
Mike

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #351 on: March 30, 2018, 12:11:15 PM »

My low pass on Skylla, outside view:

Cheers!
Mike

sniperton

« Reply #352 on: March 30, 2018, 05:00:30 PM »

Brrr. My revenge on Macchis. Note the tires.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #353 on: March 30, 2018, 11:58:16 PM »

Poor Macchis. Nice screenies 8)

Me in an inverted flyby, skylla watching from ground. Note the RPM gauges while I recover from inversion - the engines were all about to cut out:

Cheers!
Mike

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #354 on: March 31, 2018, 12:03:05 PM »

A-20 touchdown, me myself and I 8)

Cheers!
Mike

steven197106

• Observer
« Reply #355 on: March 31, 2018, 12:16:04 PM »

i7-5820k CPU 3.30gHZ, 16 GB ram, RTX 2080 Graphic card, 49" CHG90 QLED Gaming Monitor, VKB- T-Rudders Mk.III pedals, VPC MongoosT-50 Flightstick with VPC Desk Mount, VPC Extensions Set with a thrustmaster warthog grip on the stick, saitek TPM System, thrustmaster warthog throttle,

LuseKofte

« Reply #356 on: March 31, 2018, 03:30:47 PM »

Yes nice pictures, I was in for a 5 minutes test on FAC server. At what time are you guys flying there, I liked the dence action. I was just taking off and all hell broke loose.
And do not get me wrong, I just love flying the A 20, I suppose old IL 2 set a pretty good standard, and I did not expect that. Thinking about it many planes in oldest versions of the game felt right (old IL 2) I remember how easy I stalled and how hard the P 39 was early on in combat situations, I felt really accomplishment when I manage to do something in it. I do not know if patches changed that or I got better at it , I simply did not find it a challange later on

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #357 on: April 01, 2018, 10:59:52 AM »

We don't have no fixed sortie times right now.
There's quite a chance to find Skylla and/or me flying at about 7PM-8PM CET, but it's not every day and we can't say in advance whether we'll be there or not.
Here in the chat you will see when we we meet up.
On sundays we sometimes switch to the IL-2 GB Server at 6PM if there's enough IL-2 GB players around, but since the 3.0 update we have somehow "lost" gerula as his game cannot run the Stalingrad Summer map anymore (bug report has been posted at il2sturmovik.com forums).

Screenies? Screenies.
Skylla incoming:

Cheers!
Mike

LuseKofte

« Reply #358 on: April 01, 2018, 06:00:55 PM »

There are many that have this problem, also a problem of connecting to servers in general. Well see you when I see you in the skies over Eastern front.

Normally there would have been a hotfix out after a couple of days, but this time I think they got so many things to fix. So it will take some time. But fixed it will.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #359 on: April 02, 2018, 08:43:10 AM »

There are many that have this problem
So why don't they report it?
I know of gerula and two others.
One big issue for developers is that many users have issues, but they either don't report them at all, or they report them in a way that no one can find the report, let alone decipher it's contents.

Screenies... /me at my favourite distance to target:

Cheers!
Mike
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 48   Go Up

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 30 queries.