Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 48   Go Down

Author Topic: Share a screen BOS  (Read 108988 times)

dietz

• Supporter
  • " Keep watching the skies...."
    • Art of James Dietz
Share a screen BOS
« on: November 20, 2013, 08:55:43 AM »

Its here with one Lagg to play with so far, but it is a very pretty one:

Tricky though:

Mission_bug

• Modder
Re: First screenies:
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 12:10:50 PM »

Pretty for sure dietz, the aircraft and the landscape, never thought I would get to like snow so much. 8)

Now I have finally figured out how to remove the clutter from the screen using "H", should prove a paradise for the image makers. ;)

Cannot complain about the view eh. :D

Wishing you all the best, Pete. ;D

dietz

• Supporter
    • Art of James Dietz
Re: Share a screen BOS
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 01:07:43 PM »

I think I need skiis ...or snow shoes?
:-\

PabloSniper

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 01:01:56 AM »

by N8PlaysGames

dietz

• Supporter
    • Art of James Dietz
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 10:02:03 AM »

Rather than post a zillion screenshots ( which would be easy & fun to do) a much more efficient method is to direct you to this post over at Il-2 BoS Forums for you to roam around at your liesure...enjoy:
http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/60-screenshots-wallpapers-other-pics/

Dark Apostle

• SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 11:18:35 AM »

show me some other screens...
FMB? QMB? Menues? a lot of Options, are there about 5000 control axis and Buttons?
Convince me to buy this sh..
this simulator.
bring on the screens!

Still in Alpha... grow up.

Herra Tohtori

• Modder
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 12:30:53 PM »

The Friedrich is such a pretty aircraft...

thefruitbat

• http://dangerdogz.com
    • Dangerdogz
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 01:27:19 PM »

yep, it is pretty indeed,

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 02:47:23 PM »

Sure has potential...sad it is not Pacific.. :P
No, just my preference, looks cool. If they throw in some British and US birds, and later a lush season, it will surely look great.

Chrs :)

Typhoon Ib

• SAS Enfant terrible
  • unlock.inc
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2013, 07:50:07 PM »

Still in Alpha... grow up.

am i Fkucing stupid?
There is three bottles in life, corresponding to the major Life steps.
 milk bottle, beer bottle, infusion bottle.
i refuse to even get to level two.
grow up he sais...
if i ever hreard bad advice, this must be it.
:D
Collecting dislikes since December '82.

Oscarito

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2013, 10:03:49 PM »

Sad they don't make a free demo available. Just one player manned plane and some AI's plus a map would be enough.
It's hard to buy something that you don't know, except for screenshots and vids made by others (excelent, I must said) :-X
v4.12+MA 5.3 - Win 7

Herra Tohtori

• Modder
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2013, 01:00:19 AM »

Still in Alpha...

Well actually that's sort of debatable. It's actually pretty hard to classify what this Early Access programme actually is with classic game development terminology.

Alpha stage of game development typically refers to the stage when the game is not yet feature-complete. However, Alpha stages are typically characterized by not being available to public, and usually being exclusive to developers themselves.

Similarly, games enter Beta stage when they're feature complete, and at this point there still may be placeholder assets that will be replaced during Beta stage, while testers (either public or open beta testing group) stress the game to see if they can find any bugs or problems with the game's features.

After Beta testing, the game enters Release Candidate or RC stage, in which the Quality Assurance (QA) department of the developer (and sometimes publisher's QA as well) goes through the game version by version, until they get to a version which they're happy with and which passes the QA requirements. Typically that RC is then rebranded "Gold", and sent to the publisher for production. With luck this happens before the planned launch date.

The reason Battle of Stalingrad sort of defies this classic naming scheme is because it combines features of all these stages, but doesn't really fit in on any of them completely.

The game is certainly not feature complete - we all know that. In this sense, it's in Alpha stage. However it's available to Early Access program members, which is atypical of Alpha stage of development.

It's definitely not in Beta stage either - it's not feature complete, and the Early Access members are not required to do any testing although bug reports are appreciated and obviously give the developers a solid base of testers any case - but we're not exactly closed beta testers.

It's not RC and obviously not Gold either. However, the features they've made accessible so far are remarkably mature, both software and asset-wise, which suggest there's already been some work done internally by QA department of 1C/777 studios.

So is it fair to say it's in Alpha stage? I'm not sure. In some ways that's what it is, but on the other hand the product is already remarkably stable and only requires more content and unlocking of features, as well as possible tweaks to things that get reported by people. In this sense, it defies the classical terminology of stages of game development. In some way, I guess each update to the Early Access version goes through its own "development cycle" in mini scale... but that makes the Early Access program more of a stage-by-stage developing hybrid of all the stages, without a clear definition of being in any of the stages, but seamlessly shaping into a finished product, update by update.

Here's an interesting screenshot I took after an incredibly rough landing. I had intentionally shut down the engine to practice forced landing and landing site selection. I had picked a small road going through a village (for challenge) but when I was approaching planned landing site, I basically ran out of airspeed and my sinkrate got quite high. The aircraft slammed down on a three-point attitude though, didn't roll or tumble, and although I deviated away from the road into the snow, aside from the touchdown I was pretty happy with the landing... until I took a closer look at my aircraft:

Basically, what happened (I guess) is I slammed on the ground hard enough to shatter a lot of glass in the cockpit, caused some damage to the tail (not readily apparent in these screens though), broke the wings off almost completely, so they probably bent down, then came back up like a spring, and deformed into that position. The other possibility is that the wingtips touched the ground during landing, but I don't recall that happening.

In 1946, my plane would have just exploded instantly. So the crash damage model is already quite nicely done, although I don't know if the physical deforming is active yet or if the planes fall apart in pre-determined chunks.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 48   Go Up

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 25 queries.