Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: after a few hours of experience on BOS  (Read 21104 times)

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
Re: after a few hours of experience on BOS
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2013, 12:11:23 PM »

Damn that looks very nice Pete, Cant wait till i get it.
MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

PabloSniper

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2013, 12:12:36 PM »

+1000

awesome pics Pete!!  ;D

I just did that picture!

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2013, 12:34:58 PM »

Judging by what little I have experienced of it so far Guy, you will not be dissapointed. ;)

Lovely pic Pablo, if I can figure out how to remove the text and speed indication there is plenty of opportunity for some really gorgeous images. 8)

That said it is still in its infancy, lots of growing up still to do. :D

My rig does not do it justice, I had use the balanced setting feature rather than full, but it still looked stunning.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2013, 12:42:53 PM »

Awesome thoughts Pete, thanks Buddy.
MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

PabloSniper

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2013, 12:49:01 PM »

maniac for simulators   ;D

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2013, 12:01:20 AM »

Pablo, you sim junkie, you need rehab.  :D

Herra Tohtori

• Modder
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2013, 01:01:11 AM »

I've been very impressed so far, actually. There's not much content yet, but the quality of the available content is excellent.

Most importantly, the flight model physics "feels" quite good, although I never flew the LaGG-3 much in IL-2 so I can't really say how exactly it compares. I only did brief flight testing so far, but here's what I've found:

-in unaccelerated stalls (flying straight and level, 1g of loading, pulling nose up more and more with engine on low power until stall occurs), one of the wings drops gently and the aircraft pitches down. The wing can be either, it's quite gentle movement and easily recoverable. The aircraft feels slightly more massive than on 1946.

-in accelerated stalls (more than 1g of load, usually in a turn) the stall seems to happen slightly before it does in 1946 in clean configuration (didn't test with flaps yet) so the aircraft feels maybe a tad bit less maneuverable than in 1946. Like with the unaccelerated stall, typically one of the wings stalls first, but my turns were not perfectly coordinated so either of the wings could stall. You hear quite audible buffeting of the airflow at the onset of the stall and if you reduce angle of attack you won't stall at all. The LaGG-3 doesn't seem to be very prone to tip-stalling or spinning out of control (although I did plow it to the ground from a too low Split-S when it just wouldn't pull up).

-Even though trim controls are not operational yet, the aircraft tends to fly quite straight and true as far as rudder trim is considered. The "ball" requires far less rudder inputs to stay at the center than it does in IL-2, where not only engine torque but the speed of the aircraft can change the required yaw trim substantially.

-In general the aircraft feels more "present" and massive than most planes in 1946. Engine doesn't have overheating simulated yet, but water radiator and oil radiator cowling can be opened independently from each other and they have a simulated effect on the aerodynamics.

-Hangar menu is the slowest part of the game, and for some reason does not have proper anti-aliasing implemented. With my PC, the menu runs at 30-40 FPS.

-in-game performance is excellent, and the lack of anti-aliasing is confined to the hangar graphics. Edges are smooth, my PC gives me a steady 60 FPS most of the time and I'm happy with that.

-in crashes, the aircraft deformed into separate pieces quite nicely. I'll need to perform more crash testing to see if the deformation is truly dynamic (although that feature may be added in later).

-so far, the simulation of the aircraft's systems is not quite on the level of Cliffs of Dover (not to mention DCS P-51D) but I expect the features to change as the development proceeds. For example, there's no discrete magnetos and the starter switch only has two positions - engine on or engine off. Variometre (VSI) is not working on the LaGG control panel either (maybe some Soviet aero techie forgot to plug it in). I'm sure VVS pilots had instrument failures or simply had to fly with partial panel from time to time.

I've had a few program crashes but nothing that I didn't expect from an early access version. It's a good flight simulator already, fun to fly the LaGG-3 around, environment is really beautiful and it'll only get better as they add content and features.

Just waiting to see what kind of modding possibilities this game will offer when it's fully released... I'm sure everyone here agrees that will be one of the crucial points that determine the lifeline of a game/simulation like this.

Waiting for good things to happen. ;)

Ala13_ManOWar

• Modder
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2013, 04:33:24 AM »

That's nothing mate, time ago I could easily have 9 simulators in my desktop. Now I think... I have 6 of them right now... :D.

S!

PabloSniper

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2013, 05:44:18 AM »

Pablo, you sim junkie, you need rehab.  :D

Thanks Pete  ;D
Wishing you all the very best for you too!!

~S~

Waiting for good things to happen. ;)

is what we all hope!

cheers  :)

That's nothing mate, time ago I could easily have 9 simulators in my desktop. Now I think... I have 6 of them right now... :D.

S!

I could have put more 3 simulators, WT, FSX, and IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey, but I uninstalled it, they are very weak simulators do not deserve a place on my computer :D

S! ManOWar

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2013, 09:14:34 AM »

Thanks, looks and sounds pretty good.

I moved this topic to the new BoS section of the forum.

dietz

• Supporter
  • " Keep watching the skies...."
    • Art of James Dietz
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2013, 09:34:20 AM »

The map is a small generic Winter map .Stalingrad map isn't due out until January sometime.Fully operational sim sometime in Spring.A big learning curve to fly these planes on icey runways lies ahead...

Flying H

• "And you can fly, high as a kite if you want to..
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2013, 04:20:41 PM »

Only just bought and DLed but I´ll have to wait a day or 2 to install because of work!
And you can fly, high as a kite, if you want to.........
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 24 queries.