Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: The Invasion of Norway - A Graf Zeppelin Campaign  (Read 11120 times)

fokker95

Re: The Invasion of Norway - A Graf Zeppelin Campaign
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2014, 10:19:06 AM »

Okay, I finally got a chance to implement Monty's suggested fix. Hopefully the missions will now work regardless of the install you are running. Let me know if you have any issues. You can get the latest version of the campaign from the first page of this thread. I updated the download link to the latest version. Let me know how it goes !

flugkapitan

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2014, 03:51:52 PM »

What a pleasant surprise!!! Thank you very much!

Cheers,
Scott

flugkapitan

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2014, 09:06:10 PM »

Hi Fokker,

Just wanted to let you know that I re-installed your campaign into my DBW setup. Unfortunately, try as I might, I cannot take off from the carrier in the 1st mission. Tried several different techniques, all to no avail. Hmmm...unless I'm trying to do take off too early. Only 17 kph over the bow...

Glad to see that you are recovering from heart attack!

Cheers,
Scott

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2014, 03:35:31 AM »

My sincere best wishes fokker95. 

Don't worry about the campaigns, as you are getting back into it we can do the fixes together.  The main thing is to work on a good recovery and leave our gaming in its proper perspective!  We will be here when you are ready!  8)

Aragorn1963

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2014, 04:26:45 AM »

All the best, Fokker, don't worry, we can wait.

fokker95

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2014, 08:41:58 AM »

Hi Fokker,

Just wanted to let you know that I re-installed your campaign into my DBW setup. Unfortunately, try as I might, I cannot take off from the carrier in the 1st mission. Tried several different techniques, all to no avail. Hmmm...unless I'm trying to do take off too early. Only 17 kph over the bow...

Glad to see that you are recovering from heart attack!

Cheers,
Scott

Flugkapitan,
    Last I knew, there is still a bug with the 109T aircraft, in that like all carrier aircraft it starts with wings folded up. The problem is, it doesn't have folding wings, so it looks like the wings are down, but they are not, so you have to "unfold" them, or you drop liek a rock when you go off the end of the runway. LOL Could that be your problem ? If that isn't it, the GZ has functional catapults (it should). Make sure you are on the catapult, rev up your engine, and then pull the chocks, and the catapult should launch you with plenty of speed for take-off. You can also try letting auto pilot take-off for you (use normal time compression...do not accelerate time), and if it takes off okay, then you know it has to be one of the things I mentioned.

Hope that helps!

flugkapitan

« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2014, 10:10:47 AM »

Thanks for the reply! It could be the wing fold is the problem. As you said, they appear to be in the normal position. I'll try unfolding them and see what happens. However it might be catapult related since I don't seem to have enough flying speed (it appears there is about 17 kph of wind over the deck). Not sure how I would position the aircraft on it, as the deck is quite crowded.

Cheers,
Scott

fokker95

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2014, 01:13:04 PM »

Thanks for the reply! It could be the wing fold is the problem. As you said, they appear to be in the normal position. I'll try unfolding them and see what happens. However it might be catapult related since I don't seem to have enough flying speed (it appears there is about 17 kph of wind over the deck). Not sure how I would position the aircraft on it, as the deck is quite crowded.

Cheers,
Scott

You have to taxi up to the catapult and stop near the start of the catapult runner, then if you are close enough, the game should "pop" you into the correct position. I always hit auto pilot, and let the AI "jump" my aircraft up to the catapult, because taxiing is a pain, plus the auto pilot will fold the wings out to (so I don't forget), then once the aircraft is at the catapult, I will take control again from the AI, and drop flaps, close canopy, rev engine, and launch myself by throwing off the chocks.

Good Luck !

flugkapitan

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2014, 06:07:03 PM »

Hi Fokker,

Your suggestions worked like a charm - thanks!

Cheers
Scott

P.s., any chance of you making the "Prelude to war" compatible with DBW/TNFM? All worked well for me except the last mission when the Ar 196 doesn't launch from the ship properly (crashes into the sea).

fokker95

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2014, 08:30:37 AM »

Hi Fokker,

Your suggestions worked like a charm - thanks!

Cheers
Scott

P.s., any chance of you making the "Prelude to war" compatible with DBW/TNFM? All worked well for me except the last mission when the Ar 196 doesn't launch from the ship properly (crashes into the sea).

Glad it is all working for you ! I am going to do the Prelude campaign next. I will probably have it fixed up sometime this week.

Jackoff644

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2018, 05:55:31 PM »

Are all of the assets for the graf zeppelin itself in this mod, or do they come in dark blue world?

Hans-Joachim Marseille

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2018, 12:26:28 AM »

Awesome. And doesn't this also call for new ships wanted longtime like the "Blücher" in this case!? Pls you shipmakers - there are some worthwhile making I think... ;)
"United we stand against Evil." #FCKPTN. #SlavaUkraini
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 27 queries.