Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: The Invasion of Norway - A Graf Zeppelin Campaign  (Read 11143 times)

fokker95

Re: The Invasion of Norway - A Graf Zeppelin Campaign
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2013, 03:35:48 PM »

Seems kind of wierd it would happen in that mission but not the others. Lets see what others report.

Aragorn1963

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2013, 07:48:36 AM »

It is already finished! I'm going to try it out this weekend. Superb.

Aragorn1963

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2013, 03:54:21 AM »

Hi Fokker, some of the missions load until 30% (loading aircraft) and then crash. Among them the fourth and fifth mission. Please advise.

fokker95

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2013, 06:21:25 AM »

Hi Fokker, some of the missions load until 30% (loading aircraft) and then crash. Among them the third and fourth mission. Please advise.

I am sorry you and some others have had issues with the missions/campaign. It could be because I had used DBW 1.6 (stock) to create it, and some of the aircraft have changed or something. There may also be issues with a newer version and/or MODS (TFM may be at issues here). I will update the campaign in the future once the next version of DBW comes out, but I am hesitant to do it now with 1.7, because I know we have another update just down the pike, which should get us current with the latest 4.12 build, and I am planning to add TFM at that time. So once that all happens, I will hopefully have a version that is workable for everyone. That was always one of my biggest complaints about DBW, was that we lose older campaigns/missions that are no longer compatible. It is a lot of work to create good campaigns, only to lose them because of game improvements. Mine is, however a labor of love, and I will update it before I move on to the next phase of the campaign. It is however, all on hold, until I get some real life things taken care of, and we get the next release of DBW that gets us current with 4.12. I know they will be shuffling more planes around as well, so for those it is still working for, it probably wouldn't work affter the next release anyways. On stock DBW 1.6, it will work wonderfully, which is little consolation to those who want to play it in 1.7, or with TFM, or other large MODS.

Aragorn1963

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2013, 06:25:53 AM »

I fully understand, fokker, thank you for your explanation. The missions that do load are great fun and will keep me busy for while.

sphantom

• retired Fighter Pilot
  • If you wake up and see grass roots growing
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2013, 07:12:21 AM »

it works in 4.12.2/sasmod 5.3

lyteyr

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2013, 05:53:12 PM »

Hi fokker95,

Downloaded the campaign and installed as required.  However on mission 1, my plane exploded within 2 secs, as originally described by sphantom on 10/15.  I have not made it past this point so I have no idea what future missions hold.  Please advise.  I have DBW 1.71 with the original Full Monty.  I guess I wil have to wait for the upgrade.  Thanks.

lyteyr

fokker95

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2014, 01:05:27 PM »

I should have a modified version that I will upload in the not to distant future, that will hopefully fix the issues some people have been having.

Aragorn1963

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2014, 01:08:23 PM »

Good news, Fokker, thank you.

fokker95

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2014, 03:02:22 PM »

Damn...I had a heart attack Jan 24, and they ended up doing a quadruple bypass on me. They told me I had two blockages at 100% ! I guess I am lucky to be alive. So I have been recovering from open heart surgery over the past month, and I will likely need a couple more months before I am feeling like a young buck again. I guess the worst of it is over in terms of pain and discomfort, but I am still a bit uncomfortable in my chest and in my leg where they took some veins to put in my heart. Anyways, I am finally getting around a bit better and can spend a bit of time behind the computer, so I am going to take a look at fixing up these missions (Monty pointed out to me what was very likely the culprit that was causing issues for people, and I am going to try and get the campaign fixed up. I am also forming up the next campaign phase in my mind, so I will probably start on that soon too :) Anyways, just wanted to let you know I didn't forget about this, I have just been busy recovering from a near death experience LOL :) Damn...bypass surgery and I am not even 49 yet. wtf is wrong with that picture ? ;)

David Prosser

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2014, 05:01:57 PM »

Here's wishing you a speedy recovery.

flugkapitan

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2014, 05:46:49 PM »

Indeed, best wishes to you for your recovery! Take your time and do what is best for you  :)

Cheers,
Scott
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 26 queries.