Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Mixx_Zapolarie - Offer to Ultrapack Community from Aviaskins.com (North Norway)  (Read 47652 times)

fritzofpeace

• semi-erect

Many thanks to you, Mixx and Spdr109!!! :) :) :)
Since the game's version update to 4.10, I've done without maps which require object downloads.  I've done this because, under the old 4.09, the game took forever to load (because of all the objects I had to add for new maps to work), whereas, now, she's up and running in under thirty seconds.  Your amazingly beautiful landscape shows what can be done without massive "new object" downloads.  Thank you so much for this addition to the game.  I would love to see your treatment of unpaved runways applied to all of the grass runways in the game!

Uzin

• Modder
  • On lifetime holidays

QMB missions for this map and Il2 ver. 4.10 are here:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/1llxsv88c80lug2/Zapolarye.7z

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light

QMB missions for this map and Il2 ver. 4.10 are here:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/1llxsv88c80lug2/Zapolarye.7z

Could you explain how to add a map to the QMB map list in 4.10? I thought that simply making a folder with the correct map name in the Quick folder was all that was needed, but for this map it doesn't seem to work.

Neither does adding maps to conf.ini ... nor is there any type of .ini file in the Quick folder either like in 4.09 with certain versions ...

Uzin

• Modder
  • On lifetime holidays

First of all, we must discern the installation of the map from that of QMB missions.

As for the map installation into 4.10, then :

i)    Unzip the map to temporary folder.
ii)   Paste the folder named MiSp_Zapolar'e into your .../MODS/Mapmods/Maps folder of your 4.10 Il2       install with SASmodact ver.2.5.
iii)  Paste the folder Zapolar into your _tex folder.
iv)  Write  into your all.ini file , which is in your  .../MODS/Mapmods/Maps folder , the following text (in black, of course):

MiSp_Zapolar'e MiSp_Zapolar'e/ms_load.ini

where between the red and the green part must not be more than one space. It is essential, since in readme was more spaces, what might be the cause of error.

Now to install QMB missions :
Create the folder Zapolarye in your .../Missions/Quick/ folder and paste there all the QMB missions mentioned in the above post. That is all.
Good luck !

agracier

• Modder

Uzin,

Thanks for all explanation. Installing maps is no big deal, I've already installed this newest version of Zapolar and it works great in FMB. 

But these Quick missions in 4.10 are something else. I had already created a folder with the map names and put the quick missions into them ... but somehow the QMB just doesn't seem to find the maps that have been added outside of the standard maps ...

Maybe a mod conflicting somehow?

Uzin

• Modder
  • On lifetime holidays

agracier,
 I have not almost any mod installed in 4.10, so I do not know about any interference yet , but QMB missions work well even for my EastBalt map. Did you tried any other QMB missions for another not stock maps ? Did you named the new folder in Quick folder by the name of the first part of mission names precisely ?

Mixx

Uzin! Many thanks to you for  missions in 4.10!
You gave me great help!

Uzin

• Modder
  • On lifetime holidays

Uzin! Many thanks to you for  missions in 4.10!
You gave me great help!
I am glad to be of some help.

JimmyBlonde

Awesome map, I'd be more than happy to have those textures permanently.

agracier

• Modder

Guys I am struggling to get this working.
I have 1.09m with HSFX if that helps at all.
Can anyone help me please?

Can you describe what is not working? Does the map not load when you choose it in the FMB? Or does it load but you cannot fly/save missions on it?

These require different solutions.

If the map will not load at all when you try to load it, you should then hit shift+tab - this brings up the error console. You will then see a line somewhere that says 'ERROR .... jadda jadda' That will give you a clue as to what is going wrong. If you don't understand the error message, copy it here in the forum and others can probably help you.

If the map loads but will not save/fly, then you are probably missing an object. To remedy that, it is best if you check which objects are possibly missing by using the Universal Static.ini Checker:

https://www.mediafire.com/?ytwnkhqlhnk

bearcatf8f

I am REALLY sorry. I figured it out! All is well! Once again I am very sorry for the bother. I have deleted my previous post. Sorry... I am stunned by the map already! This MUST be the the best IL2 map ever created. At least I've never seen anything even remotely good enough.

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat

Thanks a lot for the update, Mixx!
This map is definately my favourite European one. SO much beauty

Not in these shots, but I really love the coast and fjordlike sections in the north. The towns and harbour areas there look incredibly immersive and real!
A real masterpiece.

Cheers :) :D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 28 queries.