Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mixx_Zapolarie - Offer to Ultrapack Community from Aviaskins.com (North Norway)  (Read 47699 times)

Juri_JS

P/S  I will be grateful for assistance from archival photographs of airfields Heybukten (Kirkenes) and Luostari (Petsamo).
I need a view of the airfield

Photo of Heybukten (Høybuktmoen) taken in 1945:

found here: http://avinor.moses.no/index.php?seks_id=135&element=kapittel&k=2

Some additional information:

Kirkenes (NOR) (a.k.a. Høybuktmoen, Kirkenes-Høybuktmoen, sometimes called Heubucht in German sources) (69 43 36 N – 29 53 28 E)

General: airfield 6.2 km W of city in N Norway.

History, Dimensions and Runways: built by the Luftwaffe between fall 1940 and spring 1941 and eventually measured approximately 1,372 x 1,189 meters (1,500 x 1,300 yards). Improvements were continuous and by fall 1943 it had a 1,350 x 90 meter runway and another measuring 1,200 x 90 meters. Both runways had a mixed gravel and dirt surface which made them unsuitable for bombers carrying torpedoes. Used by all sorts of aircraft as a forward airfield for operations against Murmansk and Arctic shipping.

Infrastructure: had 1 large hangar and 3 small hangars with several separate workshop buildings. Numerous (c.75) barrack huts, storage sheds, offices and other buildings were located around the airfield. Fuel came mostly from drums but two storage tanks and pumping equipment near the Valbugt jetty came into use in the latter part of 1942. At least 4 munitions dumps existed at or near the airfield.

Dispersal: the Northwest, Southwest and East dispersal areas had a total of 40 aircraft shelters in mid-1943 - 4 large covered, 15 large open, 7 small covered and 14 blast bays.

Defenses: there were 3 heavy Flak positions and 5 light Flak positions protecting the airfield in July 1943, many of these with multiple guns.

Information found here:
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=177879

Mixx

Juri!
Thank you for your help! An interesting panorama Høybuktmoen.
I already compl final version of the map. Now try to remake Kirkenes.
I have not been able to so accurately reproduce the geometric parameters of the airfield, but visually improve the old version I can

Mixx

Altered fast summer version. The map will be easier in terms of textures. But I think visually beautiful. Added airfields. Now I collect and test. Wait a while. It should work well on slow computers...

Kirkenes do not have time to remake....

SAS~Gerax

• SAS Team

Altered fast summer version. The map will be easier in terms of textures. But I think visually beautiful. Added airfields. Now I collect and test. Wait a while. It should work well on slow computers...

beautiful and fast! a very good combination!  ;)
looking forward to fly over it....  :)
i7-13700K, MSI RTX4090, Kingston 64GB, Asus Z790-P, Crucial SSD 1TB, Kingston SSD 4TB;

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns

Super! You are a true master of map making - THANKS!
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

Uzin

• Modder
  • On lifetime holidays

There is always something new to learn at mapmaking masters !
Airfield textures are awesome !
Looking forward to borrow them , lol !

Mission_bug

• Modder

Hello Mixx, I have always loved this map, I did not think it could be made any better than it was but obviously you have again worked your magic on it. 8)

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat

Very good work! :)

Good mod for Norwegian buildings here also for Zapolarie and Lapland fans:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,26225.msg291629.html#msg291629

Mixx

Friends!
Thanks for the support. Summer version remade of the map. I proceed to the winter textures.
Unfortunately, as with any project - there are lots of small "childhood" diseases.
I have it off / landing / taxiing on the ground, the reflection of trees in water, aurora

You do not get bored while I break my head with that damn map
I will try in the coming days to present a little surprise from the Pacific.
Small, fast and beautiful

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA

Friends!
Thanks for the support. Summer version remade of the map. I proceed to the winter textures.
Unfortunately, as with any project - there are lots of small "childhood" diseases.
I have it off / landing / taxiing on the ground, the reflection of trees in water, aurora

You do not get bored while I break my head with that damn map
I will try in the coming days to present a little surprise from the Pacific.
Small, fast and beautiful

It has been 3 years since we last had an update about a winter map.  Any hope left?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 24 queries.