Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: RedBatflight's DistantSoundsMod Pack  (Read 13300 times)

RBflight

Re: RedBatflight's DistantSoundsMod Pack
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2010, 11:25:50 AM »

Thanks for the detailed answer
If you use the soundmatrix, then you will always be compatible with enginesounds. Tiger33 used some prs names that were not in the matrix, so, some difficulty was created with users of SAS, UP or HSFX buttons. Not the end of the world, but, if one can avoid, then better so.
I will not use prs-files with fly-by sounds from Tiger, also I will not create the new...
I at all do not know what sounds to take from the Tiger, I did not like its sounds of engines, strange, but it so. But its job with very high quality.

philip.ed

• The Real Dim Shady
  • Guess who's back?
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2010, 10:38:14 AM »

I would love to get this working with Tiger's mod....could anybody tell me what files to delete in tiger's mod in order to just have the engine sounds? Or even how to uninstall tiger's mod...

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2010, 10:44:40 AM »

Just remove _New Sounds + Flyby and His Files Folder out of your Mods Folder or You can put a - infront to disable them.
MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2010, 12:24:20 PM »

Another thing you can try is PUT a  _ in front of Bat's Mod so it will load first I think you will loose too much good sounds for what is available. Bats sounds are good but they only are surrounding and distant sounds. If you can place the mods to where Tigers and Bats are in your game you will tell the difference. You just have to take an hour or two to juggle the folders and files to a good medium, it aint going to be perfect but when you are flying a dogfight and you hear Flack bursting and Planes flying by you, well, there it is. ;)
MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

Olt_von_Rixdorf

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2010, 11:28:21 AM »

Salute RedBatflight,

thanks a lot for your great soundmod.

I think it sounds a little bit better than Tiger's, especially the weapons-distance-sound.

I test it with the classfiles, but now i have they deleted.

The sound of the German motors - especially the DB- and Jumo-motors does not really satisfy me. They sounds metallic like my old Ford-engine => running without oil. I have no comparison for the allied Planes sounds.

In this way i overwrite a part of your sounds with the really excellently Hirth's 109G sound (without weapons) + the new 109E-G2 sound + SAS-BMW801 sound and the SAS-Jumo213 sound.

For my feeling is this the best mixture.

Cheers !

X-Raptor

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2010, 12:35:06 PM »

I don't want to un-rate the all good work of the autor of this mod, but for folks advice here (after tested the mod) if you have a soundcard that support EAX  feature on the PC and you enable the "sound extension" switch into the control panel of the game in sound menu you have the same fade effect for all sounds of the IL2 game any version (U.P or HFSX or standard version)  as this mod do:)

Strike

• F-16 Crew Chief
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2011, 06:48:06 AM »

Just thought I'd ask if there is any chance we will see a 4.10m compatible version of this mod? I personally think it's the best sound mod I've tried to date. I found that some of the classfiles in your "Files" folder that comes with the mod conflicts with new 4.10 aircraft, specifically the Hs-129. Are you going to look into this? :)

Dark_Hornet19

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2023, 12:23:56 PM »

Can this mod run on 4.12? I seem to have tried everything I could, but there are no distant sounds.

Frankiek

• SAS Team
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2023, 01:57:08 PM »

why do you want to use an outdated and faulty mod when you have so much better to choose like VSM, Tiger, Jiver and the latest one just released these days to mention a few. Besides that this mod notwithstanding the name is a normal sound mod and not even the best and you will never find an updated buttons that will work with this mod.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 27 queries.