Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New map 3do and static.ini - howto ?  (Read 2516 times)

Uzin

• Modder
  • On lifetime holidays
New map 3do and static.ini - howto ?
« on: July 25, 2013, 10:38:43 AM »

Is there any straightforward way how to make sufficient and necessary 3do and static.ini additions with new map ? With regards of  several version of Il2 - from 4.09 to 4.12 ones existing ?
The situation is simple with textures - we can simply read load.ini.
But with 3do and static.ini we must work by trial and failure, using universal static ini checker pgm, but it is tedious for all the Il2 version.
Any reliable way. ehm ? Avoiding duplicities, if possible ?

EDIT:
186 views and zero replies ? Nobody interested ?
New record ?

Uzin

• Modder
  • On lifetime holidays
Re: New map 3do and static.ini - howto ?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 11:10:37 AM »

I met the problem again with new Belarus1916 map . The only possible solution I can see in adjusting the object list and static.ini in accordance with great modpacks. But there is still the situation of those peoples wanting create their individual sets of map ...
I prefer to accept  duplicites on the contrary to the situation of maps not working because of the lack of some objects.

Because there were none replies to this thread, it might be closed.  :(

SAS~Bombsaway

• Choose your battles wisely.
  • SAS Team
  • A day without laughter is a day wasted
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 04:27:25 PM »

Sorry I didnt see this thread until today Uzin. I'm not aware of any other way to look for missing static objects other than the static checker. Dont worry, this thread wont be closed. Hopefully someone else will see it. You could pm Boomer and see if he has any ideas.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 03:43:33 PM »

I do not think there is one great solution to this problem. There will always be
duplicate objects used in your game static.ini , because everyone has their own way
to add objects to the game. Personally, I do not want duplicates in my game, unless they
are placed at a height level. Let me explain,
Making a static.ini line for an object were already have, but with a diferent height, is good,
but
making it exactly like the one we had before, I do not need it. I already have it.

For example, in the last map I downloaded , I took over 2 hours to go through the
static.ini list and check it with my static.ini list , so I did not overwrite anything I did not need.
I never follow instructions to "overwrite" anything in my game , unless I am sure I want duplicates
or something else.

A few months back I took 6+ weeks to put every object entry line the way I
wanted in my game static-ini. All objects are placed exactly as they are placed in the
folders and by alphabetical order - My game runs faster and I have no problems. I can fly
on maps with huge cities and with many objects, and I can still place a alot of bombers and
fighters over the city with no loss in fps. This is a good thing for me.
I also have a folder "Booklet" where I know and have each object placed by what they are and
what they do. For easy selection and map making scenes.
So creating scenes on my maps are easy and with no problems. I do not have time to spend on
making scenes on my maps. I am a resourceful artist who has a lot of painting and work to
do, so I do not like to spend wasteful time. I count the minutes that pass! The more I create,
the better good times I will have enjoying flying in this game. I may die tomorrow, so I make
every single minute that passes a special moment in life.

Every time I download a new map, I always check on all the files I have to add into my game.
I also check all the objects and the skins painted. Yes, I check everything inside.
I do not want to include other copies of things on top of my things already in my game.
I have also re-painted and re-textured many houses and things for my personal game, and I do
not want to overwrite them with new files which have the Old skins. I do not need to see the
old skins all over again, I want new and better skins for my game.

But there is no perfect program or way to check on these things, every person must mod
their games the way they wish to have them.
My way, may not be perfect, but it is the way I want it to be. So everyone has a diferent style
to mod their game. Whatever the outcome may be, what matters is we are playing a game that
works.
Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 06:02:45 PM »

Obviously you are very organized, something I always admire. I am more the sort of weird and impulsive creativity loving guy..I hope one day Boomer may present a new object pack with everything in to date..that would greatly enhance the experience-at least for me.
So many new mods in the meantime and tbh the biggest horror for me is adding ships. Albeit I love all the new ships, I rarely add them. :(

Uzin

• Modder
  • On lifetime holidays
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 08:51:45 AM »

Hi, friends,
let me share an idea which might be a solution .

Suppose that mapmaker will release new map in two separately downloadable pieces:

1. one of them containing readme, add2allini.txt,  the map itself, the textures and a text file - add2static_ini.txt .
2. the second one containing all the necessary objects for map missions being saveable, (3do entries).These objects are usually of  huge size, much larger than the first part.
 Thus, after downloading the first part, user can read add2static_ini.txt file and compare it with the objects he has, (e.g. by static checker). The missing objects then might be downloaded either one by one from common inet sources, or obtained from d/l mapmakers 2nd pack.

When reading the above text now, I see it might be too complicated for newbie , but might be useful for more advanced users.

EDIT:

Even better it would be this way:
1 . download above Part 1, install the  _Tex, Map and add2all.ini, map should load.
2. run static.ini checker so finding which objects you do not have in your particular instal of Il2.
3. download above Part 2, unzip it, and add only those parts of 3do and add2static_ini.txt which are missing.
 So you will keep both your 3do and static.ini as small as possible.

<Gunny>

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2019, 12:17:21 PM »

I see this is a very old post but it still holds true today...
I know this has been asked before but for the life of me I can't find the answer..

Where does the  "3do" folder go?... I have some maps makers say the Mods folder. The next say the MAPS folder.
Some say nothing about it.. 

Or are both right ?
Thank You for your time and help...

Gubi

• Flying Ass Clown #34
  • Modder
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2019, 12:42:36 PM »

Both are right, unfortunately (or fortunately, who knows?).  Trial and error for me...some go to the mods folder, some go to the maps folder.  I default to the maps folder...then move things around if that doesn't work.  DBW for me.  Cheers and prost
I am a moron.

<Gunny>

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2019, 12:46:31 PM »

Thanks for your reply.. That is what I have been doing..
If it does not work in one place move it and see what happens..
I was thinking that there maybe a set rule for the 3do folder but I guess not.....LOL
Again thank you for your reply.. Have a Good Day... :D

Uzin

• Modder
  • On lifetime holidays
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2019, 02:48:10 PM »

As I see, the most frequent , even  if not standard, is to place 3do folder into MODS/STD/ folder. An exception is HSFX7.03, where it goes into Files/ folder.

Gubi

• Flying Ass Clown #34
  • Modder
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2019, 03:59:52 PM »

Indeed, there we are.  Thanx Uzin.  Interesting though, consider this.  I have multiple installs working on my selector.  Wouldn't it make more sense and be, incredibly, more efficient to have the map3DO reside in the map files?  One only has to load it once...instead of in the MODS folder where you have to copy the files over, multiple times?  Just asking.  Cheers and prost...
I am a moron.

<Gunny>

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2019, 04:54:03 PM »

That is one I have not tried but I will now..

Thank You  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 25 queries.