Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: IAR 80/81 cockpits  (Read 39342 times)

George1991

Re: IAR 80/81 cockpits
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2013, 09:22:31 AM »

Hello, TT,

Regarding the aileron trim on the IAR-80/81: the ailerons had ground adjustable trim tabs (the so called ”fixed trim tabs”). So, the pilot was unable to trim the ailerons in-flight, trimming only being possible while the aircraft was on the ground.
I have a hunch that the ailerons were trimmed from the factory, after a few flights made by each aircraft leaving the production line, in order to keep the plane steady at cruise speed. From Radu Brânzan's book, "the fixed trim tabs could be adjusted on the ground across a range of 12 mm, corresponding to -40 deg to +40 deg".
The same thing happened with the rudder, that also had a fixed trim tab. The only in-flight trimmable control surfaces were the elevators.
In this situation, the only thing that I see fit for historical accuracy is having a command for aileron trimming, but only when the aircraft is in the following situation: on ground-zero speed. If the game detects speed indication, then the aileron trim command is locked and the trim tabs remain in the position they were set before. But I don't know if such a command chain is even possible in IL-2.
However, you did a great job until now, so keep going ;) I'll personally help with any interpretation of tehnical data for the IAR.

TT

• Modder
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2013, 03:48:13 PM »

Yes, i know it's unhistorical, but bogdan reguested it. I don't know if it's possible to do ground adjustable trims in IL-2.

Hello TT, I just bought this book, tell me what would you like me to photo for you.

There are pictures with cockpit floor and sidewalls gauges and all the stuff

THE I.A.R.80 & I.A.R.81 Airframe, Systems & Equipment

first I'd like to see all pictures regarding gauges (this page in bigger resolution for example).

George1991

« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2013, 12:28:32 AM »

Hello, TT,

Can the aileron and rudder trim be set and locked on a certain position in the IAR's FMD file?
If they can, I think a solution to the trim problem might be possible: if you are able to enable them both, I would be happy to flight test the aircraft and give you the values needed for correctly trimming the IAR in cruise condition (after take-off with full fuel tank). However, I think this has to be done on all IARs, including the ones from Josse's pack. But, for a start, the game-included IARs have to be tested.
If this isn't possible, counteracting the prop torque can be done by enabling rudder trim, instead of aileron trim.
One more question: does the prop torque has a given value in the FMD file?

Best regards,

George1991

Bizu

• Art Director
  • I.A.R.-80 Legacy
    • Facebook page
« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2013, 03:52:46 AM »

Done, all the gauges and cockpit photos here Cockpit & Gauges.

Edit:Forgot to add this in the .rar

Ex nihilo, nihil fit

Birdman

• SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2013, 01:11:27 PM »

I tested the 25 July version on DBW but I just got crash during mission loading due to the 6DoF limits set in cockpit classfiles that are incompatible with v4.10.1m. Could we get compatible classfiles for v4.10.1m? Or maybe I'll just test Epervier's v4.09m version next.

Bizu

• Art Director
  • I.A.R.-80 Legacy
    • Facebook page
« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2013, 01:38:00 PM »

Any updates TT?
Ex nihilo, nihil fit

Centurion

« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2018, 03:33:43 PM »

I guess a readme file would have been great for this.  I have #DBW, but where in the game do I place the 3do folder from the unzipped file?  Please help.   
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 27 queries.