Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: IAR 80/81 cockpits  (Read 39217 times)

just champi

• Modder
Re: IAR 80/81 cockpits
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2013, 07:46:48 AM »

I just have to find where it is defined how many times the extinguisher works.

there is a parameter in .emd files to set exactly that:
  Ex:
  Extinguishers 2

Just edit the number to suit your needs.

Normally this setting is found under [generic] section, but you can have a different setting for any engine variant, if its placed under its own variant section.
  So, if there is not a particular parameter for a variant, the one in generic section will be used instead,
  Ex:

(IAR_series.emd)

[generic]
  Extinguishers 0 -->(This applies to all variants with no particular parameter set for extinguishers)

[IAR-1000A]
  (no parameter for extinguisher in this engine variant, so the one in generic section is used -> Extinguishers 0)

[IAR-1000A1]
  Extinguishers 1 --> (this parameter applies to all 1000A1 engines only)

hope it helps

FANATIC MODDER

• Modder
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2013, 09:42:21 AM »

I'm sorry! :-[ I made a mistake. The "4.10" fm's included are actually 4.09/4.11/4.12 fm's.
Please try these instead: https://www.mediafire.com/download/fqlj37awbu57c1n/IAR-80%2B81_410fm.rar

About compatibility with josses IAR 80s, fanatic modder also reported 30% crash, and mission loading failed: null with stock IAR's.
However i can't reproduce this with my 4.12 install, only problem i got is disappearing sound when canopy is opened/closed with stock IAR.
This can be fixed by putting a + sign before "IAR-80" folder" so it loads before josses iars. Please report if this fixes the crash.
These cockpits are not yet working properly with modded iars, canopy is not opening and fire extinguisher gauge is not moving properly.

The problem persists with the new FMs...

TT

• Modder
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2013, 10:17:16 AM »

I'm sorry! :-[ I made a mistake. The "4.10" fm's included are actually 4.09/4.11/4.12 fm's.
Please try these instead: https://www.mediafire.com/download/fqlj37awbu57c1n/IAR-80%2B81_410fm.rar

About compatibility with josses IAR 80s, fanatic modder also reported 30% crash, and mission loading failed: null with stock IAR's.
However i can't reproduce this with my 4.12 install, only problem i got is disappearing sound when canopy is opened/closed with stock IAR.
This can be fixed by putting a + sign before "IAR-80" folder" so it loads before josses iars. Please report if this fixes the crash.
These cockpits are not yet working properly with modded iars, canopy is not opening and fire extinguisher gauge is not moving properly.

Strange, does anybody else have any idea what might cause this?

Kant

• Modder
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2013, 01:09:06 PM »

Lacking in fm EMD engine

Bizu

• Art Director
  • I.A.R.-80 Legacy
    • Facebook page
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2013, 03:58:06 AM »

Does this help you  :)

Credit : Ion Dobran via Calin Ungureanu
Ex nihilo, nihil fit

TT

• Modder
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2013, 10:08:19 AM »

Well i was going to redo all the instruments more historical and that practically shows all of them.  :)
This confirms that compass letter for west was W not V. And very good view to telereflex gunsight.

However there are still open questions

1. What is this thing on the left side? pdf i have says it is "semnalizator optic incaizire vitezometru", can you translate?
2. The fire extinguisher thing. In many pictures it is seen hanging from the chain. What was it's normal position and how it was used?

Also this picture shows

that early IAR-80 had inclinometer where the clock is currently.

Cockpit for the josse's late IAR-80s needs to be changed. Late version has the cockpit we see in the picture you posted. Early cockpit must be also changed. Currently they all use IAR-81 cockpit.

Bizu

• Art Director
  • I.A.R.-80 Legacy
    • Facebook page
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2013, 11:56:23 AM »

Well the words "semnalizator optic inc?lzire vitezometru" would translate in something like "speed indicator heating optic blinker" never heard about that

The fire extiguisher action I guess it was the same like starting up a chainsaw, you have a little plastic thing which has a rope at the end and you pull it to start the chainsaw, I guess it was the same action to fire the extinguisher, also I guess it was hanging down, this is the mecanism I'm talking about

Ex nihilo, nihil fit

TT

• Modder
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2013, 12:34:21 PM »

Well the words "semnalizator optic inc?lzire vitezometru" would translate in something like "speed indicator heating optic blinker" never heard about that

I think i just make a static texture. It would not be simulated in IL2 anyway.

The fire extiguisher action I guess it was the same like starting up a chainsaw, you have a little plastic thing which has a rope at the end and you pull it to start the chainsaw, I guess it was the same action to fire the extinguisher, also I guess it was hanging down, this is the mecanism I'm talking about

Seems logical. All historical black and white photos i have seen show it hanging. Pictures that not are drawings, from replicas etc.

I need to animate it in 3 different axis. The knob hanging from chain moves left-right and up-down when plane turns. This is easy to do with artificial horizon code. Thirdly it is pulled towards pilot when used, and then back to it's normal position. I'm sure it will be nice addition...  ;D

Bizu

• Art Director
  • I.A.R.-80 Legacy
    • Facebook page
« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2013, 12:44:48 PM »

That will be great TT, I apreciate the work you've put into this mod. Congrats I'm very grateful.
Ex nihilo, nihil fit

SAS~Loku

• SAS Team
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2013, 12:48:29 PM »

Isnt "speed indicator heating optic blinker" just a "Pitot heat" signalization device,when its on it light.
P7a/P11c/f/g P24a/b/e/f/g PZL23/42 PWS-10/26 R-XIII RWD-10/14 GeeBeeR1/R2/Granville P-45 , WhippetMkI, Sdkfz-234/1/2, Kurogane, TKS, Wz.29/34 and some other shit XD

Bizu

• Art Director
  • I.A.R.-80 Legacy
    • Facebook page
« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2013, 02:14:16 AM »

Strange, does anybody else have any idea what might cause this?

I experience the same problem in DBW 4.10.1 the cockpits from the first post work, but that small wip release of you with the opening canopy, fire extinguisher animation and aileron trim causes crash in DBW 4.10.1. It works fine in 4.12 though.
Ex nihilo, nihil fit

Bizu

• Art Director
  • I.A.R.-80 Legacy
    • Facebook page
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2013, 06:47:26 AM »

Hello TT, I just bought this book, tell me what would you like me to photo for you.

There are pictures with cockpit floor and sidewalls gauges and all the stuff

THE I.A.R.80 & I.A.R.81 Airframe, Systems & Equipment
Ex nihilo, nihil fit
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 26 queries.