Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: IAR 80/81 cockpits  (Read 39337 times)

TT

• Modder
Re: IAR 80/81 cockpits
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2013, 08:33:55 AM »

It seems that some cockpits were completely grey, but some had green canopy... or not.

There is a IAR-80 addon available for flightsimulator called flightgear. I downloaded it just because there was a good pdf-document inside, that explains what all gauges & switches do. This model has grey cockpit with green canopy. http://www.flightgear.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11930&start=60

TT

• Modder
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2013, 08:19:43 AM »

Here's a little WIP release for you

Download

This should work with all game version, except i'm not sure about 4.09. 

What it has:

- Opening canopies for all models, both internal & external. Diffm mod needed, if you use 4.10, look to the folder "410_fm" and overwrite fm files with them. Any flight characteristics aren't changed.
- Aileron trim enabled
- Fire extinguisher gauge is now working

The reason i post this is that i have decided to do total overhaul for both internal & external models, including new meshes and that's probably gonna take long time.  ;)

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
  • I'm French and Rebel_409! Nobody is perfect!
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2013, 03:45:51 AM »

Very nice !
After transformations use (buttons + code)... your cockpit work very well in 409.
However I was forced to change some of the code for displaying the "Fire extinguisher gauge".
The animation is not the same as your screens. But with...
      super.mesh.chunkSetAngles("Z_FireExt",
            (float) ((FlightModelMain) (super.fm)).EI.engines[0]
                  .getExtinguishers() * 30F, 0.0F, 0.0F);

... all is ok !
It is compatible (After transformations use (buttons + code)...) with Mod IAR-8x Family by Josse ! ;)

Thank you very much !  :) :)
If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -

TT

• Modder
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2013, 08:12:07 AM »

Very nice !
After transformations use (buttons + code)... your cockpit work very well in 409.
However I was forced to change some of the code for displaying the "Fire extinguisher gauge".
The animation is not the same as your screens. But with...
      super.mesh.chunkSetAngles("Z_FireExt",
            (float) ((FlightModelMain) (super.fm)).EI.engines[0]
                  .getExtinguishers() * 30F, 0.0F, 0.0F);

... all is ok !
It is compatible (After transformations use (buttons + code)...) with Mod IAR-8x Family by Josse ! ;)

Thank you very much !  :) :)

Good to hear that it even flies... fokker DXXI was introduced in 4.09 and original code was straight copy from dxxi classfile (i changed only one number if i remember correctly), but they must have changed the code for 4.10? but really i should make 4.09 install to test these.  :-\

Currently i'm trying to remodel goerz gunsight (and after it telereflex). I'm planning to make code that randomly selects between goerz and telereflex gunsight. Again DXXI comes to help, there you have 40% chance to get revi instead of tubesight, but don't know what that code actually is.

The mapping is still a problem, don't know how to do it same way as in original game.

FANATIC MODDER

• Modder
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2013, 09:32:54 AM »

These new cockpits are great, thank you so much!

Bizu

• Art Director
  • I.A.R.-80 Legacy
    • Facebook page
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2013, 09:40:07 AM »

Thanks for the little Wip release, everything is great so far :)
Ex nihilo, nihil fit

George1991

« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2013, 02:32:10 PM »

Hello, TT,

Using DBW 1.71, I am getting a crash at 45% when the IAR gets loaded into a mission (as a player plane). Could you post more detailed installing instructions? I am confused about where the FM files that need modification reside :)
Edit: I am also using the IAR-80/81 pack from Josse, the SAS version, if that is of any importance.

Best regards and thank you for your hard work,

George1991

HotelAlpha

• F.A.C #7
  • Modder
  • Tactical dominance is key
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2013, 03:14:02 PM »

Very needed rework for a classic and very important aircraft!  :)  Thank you!
"All modern aircraft have four dimensions: span, length, height and politics" -Sydney Camm

TT

• Modder
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2013, 05:01:01 PM »

I'm sorry! :-[ I made a mistake. The "4.10" fm's included are actually 4.09/4.11/4.12 fm's.
Please try these instead: https://www.mediafire.com/download/fqlj37awbu57c1n/IAR-80%2B81_410fm.rar

About compatibility with josses IAR 80s, fanatic modder also reported 30% crash, and mission loading failed: null with stock IAR's.
However i can't reproduce this with my 4.12 install, only problem i got is disappearing sound when canopy is opened/closed with stock IAR.
This can be fixed by putting a + sign before "IAR-80" folder" so it loads before josses iars. Please report if this fixes the crash.
These cockpits are not yet working properly with modded iars, canopy is not opening and fire extinguisher gauge is not moving properly.

George1991

« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2013, 09:59:24 PM »

Thanks for the quick response, TT!

I replaced the files you provided, and the IARs work now. Just fired them up to check...
Will study them closer when I get back from work.

Best regards,

George1991

Bizu

• Art Director
  • I.A.R.-80 Legacy
    • Facebook page
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2013, 02:12:46 AM »

Thanks TT, now I have sound when opening the canopy.
As you said the fire extinguisher works odd with modded IAR's and canopy doesn't open with those modded IAR's.
Did you change something to the IAR's FM? It seems to me that it is more stable in the air now :)
Ex nihilo, nihil fit

TT

• Modder
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2013, 02:37:11 AM »

Did you change something to the IAR's FM? It seems to me that it is more stable in the air now :)

No, i did not change anything. At least i think so.  ;)

I noticed that in modded IARs you can use fire extinguisher only one time, but in stock planes it's like five times or something. This causes the wrong position of red dial.
I just have to find where it is defined how many times the extinguisher works.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries.