Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: IAR 80/81 cockpits  (Read 39399 times)

Bizu

• Art Director
  • I.A.R.-80 Legacy
    • Facebook page
Re: IAR 80/81 cockpits
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2013, 07:17:08 AM »

Could you add the option to trim the aileron?
Ex nihilo, nihil fit

TT

• Modder
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2013, 07:30:14 AM »

In the future i will try to make opening canopies, working fire extinguisher instrument etc.
Thanks !

I think for the opening of the canopy and fire extinguishers you may need to modify the Java code and / or FMD/EMD for all IAR have these options:

CCockpitDoor 0
  Extinguishers 0

Yes i know, i'm currently starting to learn these things. Fokker DXXI has fire extinguisher gauge so maybe it's a starting point?

TT

• Modder
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2013, 07:40:15 AM »

Could you add the option to trim the aileron?

If i learn how to do so...  ;). I don't know if this plane in reality had aileron trim, but the lack of it also bothers me... and not just with IAR-80.

And regarding to the fire extinguisher gauge, how it exactly worked? I suppose that the red dial behind the plate rotated when fire extinguisher was fired, but how exactly?

Bizu

• Art Director
  • I.A.R.-80 Legacy
    • Facebook page
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2013, 09:15:58 AM »

Tell me all your questions about the IAR planes and I will try to search on local forums and museums here, there are some IAR-80/81 vets here mabye I'll succed getting in touch with one. Also I can find you many pictures except pictures with cockpit, those are rare.

i see what I find about the extinguisher gauge.
Ex nihilo, nihil fit

George1991

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2013, 09:59:36 AM »

Hello, TT,

Great work you did here! Congrats and thanks!
I have some blueprints of the IAR-80/81 series, published in the ”Modelism” series in the late 80s. They also present a large part of the cockpit instruments and markings. If they are of any interest, I can e-mail them to you.
Regarding the prop pitch angle indicator: the in-game inscription says ”Elice / Indicator cu pas”. In Romanian, it should read ”Elice / Indicator de pas”. However, in the blueprints I have, the prop pitch indicator had only the ”Luftschraube” inscription on it. Do you think something can be done about it?

Best regards,
George1991

TT

• Modder
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2013, 10:07:13 AM »

Hello, TT,

Great work you did here! Congrats and thanks!
I have some blueprints of the IAR-80/81 series, published in the ”Modelism” series in the late 80s. They also present a large part of the cockpit instruments and markings. If they are of any interest, I can e-mail them to you.
Regarding the prop pitch angle indicator: the in-game inscription says ”Elice / Indicator cu pas”. In Romanian, it should read ”Elice / Indicator de pas”. However, in the blueprints I have, the prop pitch indicator had only the ”Luftschraube” inscription on it. Do you think something can be done about it?

Best regards,
George1991

Actually it was indicator de pas but then i read some AAS thread where someone said it's indicator cu pas, so i changed it...  :-\

I'm absolutely interested about the blueprints, previously i just had two grainy black-and-white photos and pictures of replicas.
Could you just upload them somewhere and then send the link via pm?

TT

• Modder
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2013, 01:46:01 PM »

Here's some "development": fire extinguisher gauge working  :). Next i have to study the flight model to enable opening canopy and aileron trim.

Bizu

• Art Director
  • I.A.R.-80 Legacy
    • Facebook page
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2013, 02:25:12 PM »

Good, let's see who finishes first :D

I'm working on a HD skin for the IAR

Also this could help you alot with the cockpit, there are some cockpit photos in the review I don't think you have to buy it: http://www.radubstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=118&products_id=373
Ex nihilo, nihil fit

George1991

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2013, 04:32:08 PM »

Hello, TT

The inscription on the fire extinguisher gauge should read ”SISTEM BREVET/EXTINCTOR AUTOMAT/IAR BARBIERI”
The system designer was Eng. Dumitru Barbieri.

Best regards,

George1991

TT

• Modder
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2013, 05:13:12 PM »

Hello, TT

The inscription on the fire extinguisher gauge should read ”SISTEM BREVET/EXTINCTOR AUTOMAT/IAR BARBIERI”
The system designer was Eng. Dumitru Barbieri.

Best regards,

George1991

Thank you, will be corrected when i release the final version.

TT

• Modder
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2013, 07:03:52 PM »

Tell me all your questions about the IAR planes and I will try to search on local forums and museums here, there are some IAR-80/81 vets here mabye I'll succed getting in touch with one. Also I can find you many pictures except pictures with cockpit, those are rare.

i see what I find about the extinguisher gauge.

I have now implemented opening canopy and aileron trim, just need to copy/paste code and meshes for IAR-81. So i would like to ask question about cockpit color.  Was it grey instead of stock game green?

Bizu

• Art Director
  • I.A.R.-80 Legacy
    • Facebook page
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2013, 03:48:04 AM »

I found some photos and drawings and these are the colours used for the cockpit walls: 8a949b, a2aeb2.

The book "I.A.R.80 & I.A.R.81 - Airframe, Systems & Equipment" says this was the colour of the instrument panel: 1f262e (https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/--Mp8FsW3L4Y/TrEn_e5P4JI/AAAAAAAABBw/UnyjAGx5fqE/s799/IAR-061.jpg)

But the best material would be this:

The control panel is original from an IAR from what I've heard on some forums, the colors of the cockpit are ambiguous but this is the best reference used by model makers.

Kind regards,
Bogdan
Ex nihilo, nihil fit
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 25 queries.