Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Inserting mod planes into 4.12 SAS mod act  (Read 21962 times)

alexandre4442

• Modder
Re: Inserting mod planes into 4.12 SAS mod act
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2016, 10:34:42 AM »

Hi,

I've just tried to fly that plane under DBW 1.71 and it works fine. I think you omited to switch to 4.10 FM. Try this :

- in the mod, locate the folder called fm410

- copy the content and paste it into the main folder of the mod, say yes when prompted to overwrite

This time youd should be ok for that one. For the Sunderland, got no clue about it sorry...

As a general rule, and feel really no offense about it (I did numerous mistake due to an oversight myself), I should say read, read and read again the ReadMe as well as the relevant mod thread.

Regards
This is not a Signature

Oldsalt

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2016, 01:57:35 AM »

Adding a plane, I found that the Short Sunderland file that i was uploading had a lot of information contained within the file, when I had decided the part of the file that i needed to load and added this to the DBW file and updated the aircraft ini file with the information found in the read me file in the version I needded to load all worked fine.  I will attempt to recreate the same effect on the duck but so far so good.  Sometimes its a case of letting it go for a few days and then coming back and having another go.  All the best to those who know and help us that struggle.  oldsalt. :)

Etthallon

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2017, 10:51:54 AM »

I have a kinda noob question but when I insert the "plane properties" into the "air.ini" file, will the game/file still work even if I change the "air.ini" file to a "txt" file after I use for example, "Wordpad"

Thanks for any help, I'm kinda new to the modding part of il2 sturmovik xD

SAS~Ghost129er

• SAS Team
  • SAS Certified Lurk
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2017, 10:56:58 AM »

I have a kinda noob question but when I insert the "plane properties" into the "air.ini" file, will the game/file still work even if I change the "air.ini" file to a "txt" file after I use for example, "Wordpad"

Try it and see for yourself, may be a cool experiment 8)
Current activity: Giving his E46 330ci some TLC.

Etthallon

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2017, 10:58:40 AM »

Well no XD

haven't seen anyone talking about it so kinda wanted to ask before I changed to much ^^

SAS~Ghost129er

• SAS Team
  • SAS Certified Lurk
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2017, 11:14:51 AM »

I believe that anyone who wants to mod IL-2 should never fear about breaking the game or having crashes to desktop. As a modder, when things first crash, sure you're disappointed but when your own mod works and finally doesn't crash, the satisfaction and joy you get is just amazing.

Experiment, do things, that's how I find so many new ways and features to IL-2 (such as materials) that you would have never known could have existed before. 8)

Keep modding and don't stop! Even if you break the game, delete it, reinstalled and start again!

Well no XD
haven't seen anyone talking about it so kinda wanted to ask before I changed to much ^^

This is where backups come in handy my friend. ;) Backups are your BEST friend in IL-2 modding. 

fuzzytrexy

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2017, 07:42:17 PM »

For some reason when I download airplane files I have no idea how to extract them there not in zips

SAS~Skylla

• SAS Team
  • Flying Ass Clown N°24
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2017, 01:55:20 AM »

For files with .7z or .rar file extensions you will need an extra programme (7zip or WinRAR) to extract.

Best Regards,
skylla

When all else fails: read the instructions!

SAS~Ghost129er

• SAS Team
  • SAS Certified Lurk
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2017, 02:17:01 AM »

For files with .7z or .rar file extensions you will need an extra programme (7zip or WinRAR) to extract.

I highly recommend that you DO NOT use WinRAR to extract .7z files. Although compatible, I've been having errors slapped and thrown at me from left right and center when attempting to use WinRAR to extract stuff from .7z files, I highly recommend Skylla's 7-zip link provided for using/extracting .7z files.

Just my advice to you and anyone reading this.

sewerwisp

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2017, 05:24:43 AM »

Too bad I didnt see this before I wrote my little teensie weensie guide for the TBD-1. But my experience was different, but Boomer is right, the #SAS folder is all important. My current problem on the TBD-1 flyable add on is no gunsight, even with the gunsight control, and maybe lack of power. But I did get to 290 kmh, but this was only a 200 mph machine, so...
Hitler knows that he must break us in this island, or lose the war! AMD FX 6300 6 core processor 3.50 MHz, 8 gig RAM, 64 Bit Win 10 pro, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti.,  sas 5.30, FLYABLES 4.12.2M, vpMODPAK.

sixstrings

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2019, 07:06:43 PM »

Thanks Boomer for the advice. A quite a bit more difficult installing aircraft in IL-2 '46 than in CFS3 ,but it's not too bad,i hope. Will try it out and see. IL-2 '46 VP and BAT have it just about all covered anyhow so not much needed. A little nervous on my first install but will make sure i read all i can first. Thanks for the detailed instructions. Regards,Scott

firefox_25

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2019, 06:48:02 AM »

But what is with mod planes and the weapons? For example I installed the Bf-109 Ultimate Pack v4, all works fine, I can fly all planes.
But when I use the Quick Mission Builder and choose weapons for this plane something went wrong. See example :

Bf-109K-14.1xMK108                           U3: 1x MK 108 = works fine
Bf-109K-14.1xSC250                           R1: 1x SC 250 = the games load up to 30% and them I´m back to the Il-2 Selector.

This happens with all mod planes, if I choose bombs, torpedos or droptanks, the plane loads only uo the 30%

I´m using version 4.13.3m and SAS Mod 6.30

Can someone give me a hint to solve this problem ?

many thx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 26 queries.