Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22   Go Down

Author Topic: New-TFM Campaigns-SAS~Monty27  (Read 94212 times)

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
Re: New-TFM Campaigns-SAS~Monty27
« Reply #240 on: February 24, 2014, 04:35:21 AM »

btw, this is my log.lst for the mission...

hout collision (3do/Buildings/Troops/rus/rus_tankofficer_winter/live.sim)
[11:27:02]   Mission: ActorSpawn for 'vehicles.planes.Plane$SPITFIRE1' not found
[11:27:02]   Mission: ActorSpawn for 'vehicles.planes.Plane$SPITFIRE1' not found
[11:27:02]   Mission: ActorSpawn for 'vehicles.planes.Plane$BLENHEIM1F' not found
[11:27:02]   Mission: ActorSpawn for 'vehicles.planes.Plane$BLENHEIM1F' not found
[11:27:04]   Mission: ActorSpawn for 'vehicles.planes.Plane$SPITFIRE1' not found
[11:27:04]   Mission: ActorSpawn for 'vehicles.planes.Plane$BLENHEIM1F' not found
[11:27:04]   Mission: ActorSpawn for 'vehicles.planes.Plane$BLENHEIM1F' not found
[11:27:04]   Mission: single/gb/1940_Spitfire_Scramble/scramble_05.mis is Playing
[11:27:06]

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #241 on: February 24, 2014, 03:59:36 PM »

This section clearly points to missing statics that should be present in your Stationary.INI (check New-TFM 37)

I am HAPPY to report that I now have the same bug for mission 5 - Happy because at least it shows we still have something in common with our install.  I will fix it ASAP and advise...

These particular missions are extremely sensitive to setup and can be easily destroyed by any mod update or code change.  This is why I am keen for us to remain as much as possible with New-TFM as it was intended and try to avoid too much modding outside of that. 

In this case though, the reason is the time elapsed between writing and production and inadequate mission testing on my part.  Fortunately, we have such a good crowd that the bugs are ironed out quickly with concise reports, so thank you for that.

The new BoB, about to be released, will NOT be bugged in any way!

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #242 on: February 24, 2014, 04:02:42 PM »

Hello Simon!

roger that...it is strange though as I checked my stationary.ini and have the Blenheim and the Spit registered there...
but I will compare my stationary.ini with the stationary.ini from pack #37;

Euan, can you post the log.lst section from your game after trying to load mission #5?

cheers
phil

EDIT: I think I have an idea...I will check my technics.ini if there are entries for the Blenheim and the Spitfire1, could be that I am missing these....
will report tomorrow after getting up...

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #243 on: February 24, 2014, 04:14:02 PM »

Hello again! I have modified my post and just saw that you have updated yours as well...
you are completely right that it is a good idea to stay within the frame of TFM, but I also think that adding a few aircraft and objects should not produce results as in this case...
although it is difficult to stay up to date with all the stuff that has been released :)

oh, btw, if you need a halfway competent beta tester, it would be my pleasure to help out...I have become quite good in finding errors in the game as I have had most of them by now... :)

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #244 on: February 24, 2014, 04:38:36 PM »

Hello again! I have modified my post and just saw that you have updated yours as well...
you are completely right that it is a good idea to stay within the frame of TFM, but I also think that adding a few aircraft and objects should not produce results as in this case...
although it is difficult to stay up to date with all the stuff that has been released :)

oh, btw, if you need a halfway competent beta tester, it would be my pleasure to help out...I have become quite good in finding errors in the game as I have had most of them by now... :)
OK Phil, thanks again; it will be my pleasure to run the next set past you, welcome to Team-TFM!

TFM-Spitfire Scramble! Patch: (Loadout Bug Fixed)
https://www.mediafire.com/?2mg7aic52f9k0ir

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #245 on: February 24, 2014, 05:37:36 PM »

:) which loadout was the culprit if I may ask?
(It´s 1.30am now and I have just returned from work so I will try out the patch as soon as I get up in a few hours )

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #246 on: February 24, 2014, 07:05:17 PM »

The He111's, don't know which specific loadout, but the combo I had blew up the player start aircraft.  Even though its a different aircraft in a different airforce at a different location.  Tinkering with the Luftwaffe loadouts resolved the issue.  I don't know the exact combo that broke the mission but, due to experience, I knew where to look to fix the mission - and the current loadout now works fine.

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #247 on: February 25, 2014, 10:19:41 AM »

:) a sixth sense told me that it might be a loadout issue - I had that once on the Midway campaign where it was my use of the stock Zeroes instead of the JCat ones, you might remember :)
but I checked the loadouts vs my weapons.ru and the 111s did have the original mission #5 loadout options as well-sometimes that old lady is still quite mysterious :)

btw, do you have an idea about the screenie Bravo has posted after I mentioned it?

'MadDog'

« Reply #248 on: February 25, 2014, 12:28:19 PM »

Yes, that patch fixes the issue, excellent work guys. So the BoB campaign is ready eh? Let's get it on!

'MadDog'

« Reply #249 on: March 14, 2014, 09:12:33 PM »

While eagerly waiting for the BoB to come out, I won't ask when it'll be as I know the answer -'it will be two weeks' - I have been rerunning the Spitfire Scramble and enjoying it even more this second time around as I get better and better with the landings and controls. Wizard!

Also I am replaying the DAF and on Mission 25 I get an immediate Mission Over as planes explode again. Incorrect loadout I hear you scream. I managed to load it into the FMB and get over that mission somehow to proceed but it might be worth looking at. There may have been pointers to that in the forum already, so I do apologise if that is the case.

I think next I will replay the Biggin Hill Wing which takes flying the spit to the next level. I might have learnt enough by that time.

darrme62

Re: New-TFM Campaigns-SAS~Monty27------the flying tigers load error?
« Reply #250 on: June 21, 2014, 05:54:58 PM »

Hello..I just got all of the DBW new TFM file up and working "great job! to everyone who worked on the project(s)!"; but!
I am having a hard time trying to get the flying tigers missions to do a complete load. Have all the DBW and new TFM files in and all work well by them self! In JSGME I only have the #DBW_512_selector and DBW-New TFM (1 thru 33 (so far) it takes a very long time to load each tfm file in jsgme) activated  I installed the files that were inside the flying tigers folder ( ie..Mission PaintSchemes Samples) into the main IL2 folder and let it do the over writing as needed, I can get everything to load working up-to the actual loading of the mission after you click on the "FLY" button it will load about 90 percent then give an error message-
"Mission load failed: Mesh/3do/Humans/Paratrooper/Russia/Mo No. Sim not created"!

Am i missing something?

or maybe I have something running that shouldn't? (in jsgme).

Thanks if anyone can help...I would really like to try this mission pac!

'MadDog'

« Reply #251 on: June 21, 2014, 07:27:35 PM »

The deal with those bloody Russian paratroopers is that you have run out of memory as the game and mission loads. I seem to remember it was more connected with VRAM so either change your graphics card for something more beefy or compress the textures, use CompressTextures=2 in your conf.ini.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22   Go Up

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 25 queries.