Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Guide for installing maps in 4.12 SAS ModAct 5.X and general map info  (Read 61914 times)

Fryslanboy

• Royal Netherlands Navy Submarine Service
Re: 4.12 SAS ModAct 5 Map Works.
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2014, 02:12:49 PM »

Wow! I just read 'till the 2nd post of this thread, because Boomer explained perfectly how to put the DBW+TFM maps into the SAS installation, works like a charm!

'MadDog'

« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2014, 07:01:13 PM »

I have been reading this thread and trying to follow where I might have gone wrong. I am using the TFM-412 and for some reason Monty hasn't currently included the full Cyberolas retextured stock maps, though he does seem to have included some of the actual textures. I remember flying over Crimea and Kuban in DBW TFM and the retextured maps were incredible. I understand that in theory there isn't any reason why these maps shouldn't work in TFM-412 and I followed Cyberolas' instructions on where to put the folders.

Has anyone out there successfully included the Cyberolas portfolio of retextured maps into TFM-412? I reckon I am missing something obvious, it would be great if someone could point me in the right direction. When I try to copy the downloaded files and folders I don't get anything new in the QMBPro to fly on.

EDIT : I hadn't properly followed instructions. These maps work fine now within QMBPro and all is well. I shall be putting myself on the naughty step tonight!

Ribs

« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2014, 09:22:13 PM »

Boomer, Bombs and Tom,

Many thanks to you all for this! Great to have the QMB missions back! Again, thanks! :)

Ribs
I've spent most of my money on Whiskey and Women. The rest I just wasted.

<Gunny>

« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2014, 09:40:29 AM »

Would some one be so kind as to show the link or up-load these files?
up_textures01.sfs
up_textures02.sfs

I don't have UP and can't down load it --too large.
I have the objects down loaded and working but it would also be good to have the textures.

Thank you for your help. 

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2014, 08:39:54 AM »

Gunny,

sorry for the late reply here. I personally don't sport enough upload banwidth, but I hope in the near future all needed map /objects files for modded 4.12 will be available without the need to previously install DBW1.71/UP3.

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2014, 11:11:32 AM »

In the next weeks (I hope to release a internal beta test in about two weeks so I think the begin of august can be a good date to look for....) I'll release a mod that 'll give you (about) all maps in a compatible with all game version!

This 'll get us rid of all the redunding maps/texture/staticobjects sfs files with new one over which you can still add the few (if) missing maps or differen retexture at your pleasure!

ATM I have almost ended the installation of all maps available and debugged it to be compatible with all version of the game....next step delete redundant map (for example Hawaii: we have the stock , the stock retexture by VKG , the stock retexture of FFB and finally the great TC Hawaii one SO at the end I have keep only A) the stock retextured by FFB because 1) have a nice texturing and a good update of the actors for the Pearl and Luke area 2) all previous missons build over the stock one still usable; and B) the TC one but extended by myself further north to be able to make the correct distance between Pearl Harbour and IJN striking carriers....and ATM I'm thinking to add also a little of sea to for a 'what if' scenarios involving the returning Enterprise from her aircraft delivery at Wake....)

Just wait a little!

cgagan

• SAS Team
« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2014, 11:26:18 AM »

Gunny, check PM

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2014, 12:03:40 PM »

In the next weeks (I hope to release a internal beta test in about two weeks so I think the begin of august can be a good date to look for....) I'll release a mod that 'll give you (about) all maps in a compatible with all game version!

This 'll get us rid of all the redunding maps/texture/staticobjects sfs files with new one over which you can still add the few (if) missing maps or differen retexture at your pleasure!

ATM I have almost ended the installation of all maps available and debugged it to be compatible with all version of the game....next step delete redundant map (for example Midway: we have the stock , the stock retexture by VKG , the stock retexture of FFB and finally the great TC Hawaii one SO at the end I have keep only the stock retextured by FFB because have a nice texturing and a good update of the actors for the Pearl and Luke area , and moreover to have all previous missons build over the stock one still usable , and the TC one but extended by me further north to be able make the correct route from IJN carriers....and I'm thinking to add also a little of west sea because for a what if scenarios involving the returning Enterprise from her aircraft delivery at Wake....)

Just wait a little!

Hi Walter..first congrats to your project.
Then a question: Could it be you confuse a few maps here?
TC Hawaiian Islands is not related to MidWay, and we have the great repaint by WhiteCat:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?board=72.20

Now MidWay is somewhat 1500+ kms northwest, so you merged one of the TC Hawaiian Island map versions?
If so, make sure to contain WHC's load.ini and texture repaints. ;D

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2014, 06:22:55 AM »

Sorry I was speaking about Hawaii and wrote Midway for mistake!

Post corrected!

;)

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2014, 08:56:24 AM »

Cool!  ;)

<Gunny>

« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2014, 12:18:51 AM »

Gunny, check PM
Sir I can't thank enough for the texture files. They work very nice.
After months of searching and trying to get the Somme Winter map to work with no luck.
It now works.

Again Thank You  Cgagan.  :)

cgagan

• SAS Team
« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2014, 01:26:41 AM »

U R welcome, glad I could help,
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 24 queries.