Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Guide for installing maps in 4.12 SAS ModAct 5.X and general map info  (Read 61992 times)

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
Re: 4.12 SAS ModAct 5 Map Works.
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2013, 01:28:55 PM »

Very Cool Wind, Im going to do this too. I have a 4.12.1m Bravo HolyGrail Install Im going to try all this in.
MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

MR_G

« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2013, 01:43:06 PM »

I also seem to have problems saving most mod maps in my FMB with 4.12 with ModAct 5.

I've loaded my SFS_AUTO with all the maps, textures and objects that I can find.
As of today, my SFS_AUTO has :sas_ai_3do01.sfs, sas_basic_50.sfs, sas_basic_512.sfs, sas_maps_01.sfs, sas_sound_01.sfs, sas_sound_02.sfs, sasup_decals_01.sfs, sasup_effects01.sfs,
up_maps.01.sfs, through up_maps.05.sfs, upobjects01.sds through upobjects04.sfs, up_textures01.sfs,
up_textures02.sfs, updbw_mapex_01.sfs through updbw_mapex_08.

I'm using the ini's from DBW, so I can't figure out why the maps aren't saving in the FMB.

What's even stranger, is that there are missions for these maps in the QMB Pro, that play perfectly.

I'm guessing that I missed something simple.

Semor

• IL2 without Mods is possible,but senseless!
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2013, 03:39:46 PM »

Sooo,Operation sucessfull. With up_textures01.sfs and up_textures02.sfs & the UP Ini,the UP maps works so far!

Now I can make the next step in testing like Wind & Bravo are doing. This can´t be so difficult to get the HSFX stuff to work under 4.12. until the point that I can play the most,or better all of the actual DGen/DCG/Static Campaigns.

Cheers to all  :)

@ MR_G: It´s better to post a snapshot from your SFS_AUTO Folder.This is less confusing...  :D

tuskegee76

« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2013, 04:11:02 PM »

Does somebody here know how to install those maps created by cyberolas, I can manage the tex_ files but I think I mess-up with the(in this case) Ardennen map folder, also no problem with the bumph files. I do have ModAct 5.20 installed.

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2013, 05:46:10 PM »

Does somebody here know how to install those maps created by cyberolas, I can manage the tex_ files but I think I mess-up with the(in this case) Ardennen map folder, also no problem with the bumph files. I do have ModAct 5.20 installed.

Hello Tuskegee76,

usually it is only a matter of copying the Ardennes map folder into the MapMods\Maps parent and the textures into MapMods\Maps\_Tex.

Then add the all.ini entry into the all.ini file if needed. IIRC the Ardennes map overwrites the default map, except you rename it and add it as extra map. So-this map should be already inside the 4.12 install, a default IL-2 map AFAIK. And no all.ini entry needed.

Do you have the Hi Res Mod installed? In case you do not use it and try to load hi resolution textures/skins --...you will have issues, also if you use the bump.H files in the huge format....

Information is here...
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,33239.132.html

You can also fly this map without bump.H files.
In addition, sometimes maps only load with texture compression enabled as per config.ini, depending on your PC and the map's complexity/size/Tex.

[Render_OpenGL]
TexQual=3
TexMipFilter=3
TexCompress=2
TexFlags.TexCompressARBExt=1

Well, that's all atm..

Cheerio

Tom

tuskegee76

« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2013, 05:49:57 AM »

So Tom if i did everything right the winter and summer map should appear in the QMB, right? If i want to get rid of the default map how do i do that? Something else, in your post you said that the Ardennes map is named AFAIK, i only see Ardennes winter. And how do you IIRC this map. And what does it actually mean IIRC?

tnx in advance

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2013, 07:09:31 AM »

So Tom if i did everything right the winter and summer map should appear in the QMB, right? If i want to get rid of the default map how do i do that? Something else, in your post you said that the Ardennes map is named AFAIK, i only see Ardennes winter. And how do you IIRC this map. And what does it actually mean IIRC?

tnx in advance

Tuskegee76:
As for the map overriding the default.  :-\
If the map has the same all.ini entry and load.ini name as the default map, it should override it, means also no additional all.ini entry is necessary.

As for QMBs:
That has nothing to do with the map, you need to have inside the QMB folder dedicated missions with the correct name of the map in them when you open them and their load.ini and the correct folder name.

I would adress both issues to cyberolas as he can answer best, at least for the map.

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2013, 11:49:12 AM »

PS:
IIRC means "if I recall correctly".   :)

tuskegee76

« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2013, 02:15:06 PM »

tnx in advance

Tuskegee76:
As for the map overriding the default.  :-\
If the map has the same all.ini entry and load.ini name as the default map, it should override it, means also no additional all.ini entry is necessary.

As for QMBs:
That has nothing to do with the map, you need to have inside the QMB folder dedicated missions with the correct name of the map in them when you open them and their load.ini and the correct folder name.

I would adress both issues to cyberolas as he can answer best, at least for the map.

So it's not like that I can do a test flight with a plane then? This should be possible or not?

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2013, 04:29:44 PM »

Hi,

engage this mod:
"#SAS_True Color HD Skins by Carsmaster"
as per JSGME in your ModAct install.

Or, for other installs, get it here:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,33239.0.html

I also recommend this mod, and, if you have issues, the announced light version in its thread:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,14789.0.html

So, I use:
The Hi Res texture mod by SAS.
But:
The dII files from THis mod above, carsmaster's. And the light version in my case.

For more info, read my explanations in the Hi Res thread at post No 117. :P

:)
Good Huntin

Semor

• IL2 without Mods is possible,but senseless!
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2013, 11:52:28 PM »

A little Sidenote: Tom,Carstsmasters Lightmod in the Second Link is not compatible with the 4.12 Game version. Sad but true.

Drewm3i

« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2013, 05:39:25 PM »

Then add the all.ini entry into the all.ini file if needed. IIRC the Ardennes map overwrites the default map, except you rename it and add it as extra map. So-this map should be already inside the 4.12 install, a default IL-2 map AFAIK. And no all.ini entry needed.

Where is all.ini for 4.12.1 m+Modact 5.21? I am trying to install Bombsaway's late war Midway map and I can't find where to place the lines meant for all.ini. Where is all.ini in Modact?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 27 queries.