Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: DCG Mediterranean HSFX  (Read 15147 times)

DEERxBanshee

Re: DCG Mediterranean HSFX
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2013, 12:15:58 PM »

thanks for the feedback!  Excellent finds regarding the italian squad detail.  I will update accordingly as I see what and where updates are necessary in the dcg campaign code.  Also, great find with the german fighter squad, that is actually a defect as 7_jg26 does not exist in hsfx.  I will change to IV_JG26 as that is the closest existing match.
Keep the feedback coming in!  Refinements are fairly easy as long as its in DCG code!

Yeah that's what I ended up doing with the jg 26 problem.. works great regardless of the squadron mistakes (which are very small details haha).

Semor

• IL2 without Mods is possible,but senseless!
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2013, 12:59:29 PM »

Found something in the British FAA Campaign. The player squad always spawn in the air,and not at the Carrier.I generated some missions,but the result is the same,no matter if I check/uncheck the "airstarts" option in DCG. Is there a way to change this to a more historical way.? (Spawn point ON the carrier)

Semor  :)

DEERxBanshee

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2013, 01:08:57 PM »

What would be the recommended action radius? Also does this campaign have battles over Africa?

WindWpn

• Modder
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2013, 01:22:40 PM »

Found something in the British FAA Campaign. The player squad always spawn in the air,and not at the Carrier.I generated some missions,but the result is the same,no matter if I check/uncheck the "airstarts" option in DCG. Is there a way to change this to a more historical way.? (Spawn point ON the carrier)

Semor  :)

good find.  Yea, this can be fixed.  Have to add some code to the timeline specific for the player squad and carrier spawn.  Likely the generator is placing other squads on the one carrier and when room runs out, it creates air spawns for all other squads.  Fix is to set player squads specifically to start on carrier which can be set by the timeline.

~S~
wind

WindWpn

• Modder
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2013, 01:27:50 PM »

What would be the recommended action radius? Also does this campaign have battles over Africa?

Recommended action radius is max at 750 km.  Also use "Full" for density settings.

Yes, there are battles over Africa as well as on the sand.  Actually the entire map has action from Crete to Tunis.  For recon ideas where action will be, see the included rds and srd mis files (open either in FMB) which detail the road route networks as well as the sea lane networks.  Both these will show where to expect activity especially near front line markers.

~S~
wind

WindWpn

• Modder
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2013, 02:21:05 PM »

Bump, campaign update posted (UPDATE 2)

~S~
wind

PS: keep the feedback coming!

PPS:  Semor, will continue to try and correct the AR for armed recon.

DEERxBanshee

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2013, 05:21:03 PM »

I was wondering if you guys would know why the sm 79 seems to spawn without props? It's very confusing. It may be a mod I have but I'm not entirely sure.

Semor

• IL2 without Mods is possible,but senseless!
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2013, 11:27:43 PM »

Banshee,the fact that the SM-79 has no props has nothing to do with this campaign. DCG generates only missions and didn´t touch any of the Plane 3D´s.Please check your Mods folder,there must be a conflict with some other Mods.

Wind,thanks for the update. Exellent! (hope you get the recon missions solved  :) )

WindWpn

• Modder
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2013, 07:40:32 AM »

Bump, Update 3 posted.  See original post.

DEERxBanshee

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2013, 08:23:46 AM »

Yeah I had a feeling it was one of my mods conflicting with it. I am currently messing around with them to see which it was. Glad to see this campaign getting a lot of updates especially with the axis side getting a victory condition as I love changing history  :P.

redwolf

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2013, 12:37:45 AM »

Just want to shout out a HUGE THANKYOU!!!!! for doing this! :)))))

DEERxBanshee

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2013, 09:10:37 AM »

Just wondering if it'd be possible to maybe add in at least I/JG 27 at some point in this campaign? I believe they went to Gazala around 15-20 April of 1941. It's just when I think of the Mediterranean (especially africa) and the luftwaffe I think of JG 27  :D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 24 queries.