Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down

Author Topic: WWI Western Front map in 2048 HD and 1024 *Updated*  (Read 42945 times)

<Gunny>

Re: WWI Western Front map in 2048 HD and 1024 *Updated*
« Reply #108 on: January 26, 2018, 09:15:00 AM »

When you finish this project I would love to see it...
Post it for a down load please......

Unca-Fester

• Graduate of the Dirk Gently School of mucking about.
  • Modder
« Reply #109 on: January 26, 2018, 01:46:50 PM »

@ sacco

There's good chance, especially if you know where specific historic airfields should be placed,  to text edit into the map .ini file to add additional airfields, that will put in the grass airfield image files in a particular place. So getting the exact numbers for the corners of the airfield locators will be the tricky part, since actual latitude and longitude don't work, and I don't know if there's an in-FMB debug that can be brought up to locate exactly where you want to place something.

Scacco 1

« Reply #110 on: January 28, 2018, 11:17:22 AM »

I think to open a dedicated tread in the next few days because the project need a lot of work:

1) Add new airfield in the nothern sector

2) Add the needed WWI plane is into the DGen files....none is actually include in DGen files!

So I need a lot of help for troubleshooting!

Finger crossed!

Scacco 1

« Reply #111 on: January 28, 2018, 11:20:10 AM »

@ sacco

There's good chance, especially if you know where specific historic airfields should be placed,  to text edit into the map .ini file to add additional airfields, that will put in the grass airfield image files in a particular place. So getting the exact numbers for the corners of the airfield locators will be the tricky part, since actual latitude and longitude don't work, and I don't know if there's an in-FMB debug that can be brought up to locate exactly where you want to place something.

Thanks for your suggestion!

The actor management tool is useful but I believe that is more indicated for placing objects than airfields as they need a lot of reference points to allow AI to correctly TO and land over them....the unlocked FMB is a more simple solution to test as it allow to copy and paste elsewhere existing and working airfields....

vonOben

• Modder
  • Wer den Tod fürchtet, hat das Leben verloren.
    • vonOben's Flight Sim Mods
« Reply #112 on: January 29, 2018, 01:31:05 AM »

2) Add the needed WWI plane is into the DGen files....none is actually include in DGen files!

Hi Scacco

I had planned a DGen_Mod WWI campaign myself after the other DGen_Mod campaigns that I have on my to do list, so I'm glad if you want to do it instead.  ;)
And I've also made map updates to get my current DGen_Mod campaign more close to history with historical accurate airfields and so forth, so I know very well what you are facing.

There are actually WWI planes in the DGen_Mod dat-files!  ;)
Download DGen_MOD_2.0.3.0.zip if it's still available and check the Mod planes dat files, but the link I found on Mediafire was dead.

I can send the file to you if you can't find it.

There has been some changes to some of the dat files in DGen_MOD 2.0.5.0, but it's rather easy to update them from the 2.0.3.0 version. I can tell you more about it later if you are interested.

Good luck!

Best regards

vonOben
vonOben's Flight Sim Mods  http://vonoben.free.fr/ Twenty Years online January 3, 2022!

<Gunny>

« Reply #113 on: January 29, 2018, 11:28:44 AM »

I think to open a dedicated tread in the next few days because the project need a lot of work:

1) Add new airfield in the nothern sector

So I need a lot of help for troubleshooting!

Finger crossed!

I would love to help you but there is one problem.
When it comes to Dgen I'm dumb as a rock. I don't even know how to use it.........

Unca-Fester

• Graduate of the Dirk Gently School of mucking about.
  • Modder
« Reply #114 on: January 30, 2018, 01:28:07 PM »

It would be kinda neat to improve the WWI_Somme, WWI_Western front and Channel maps with more era correct airfields.

The North Sea coast of Flanders has always been one I liked, especially when TargetWare was still developing Richthofen's Skies.

You had St. Pol, La Panne, Bray Dunes, Frontier, Mariakerke, Ghestille, Ascq, etc, all within about 30 miles of the coast on both sides of the front.  As the war progressed Petite Synthe, La Lovie, Jabeke, Houplin, not to mention the RNAS aero and water dromes on the UK side of the channel Like Eastchurch and Dover.

Websites like AncienAerodromes, DenisAlbin's French WWI Aerodromes, and Forgotten Airfields have quite a complete database on Google assisted locations and operational dates of the squads stationed at their fields.

Scacco 1

« Reply #115 on: February 02, 2018, 01:24:45 AM »

Hi mates!

Sorry for my delayed response but I have had some work issue in the last days....

@ vonOben

Thanks mate I got 2.0.3 and the entries of WWI planes....

@ Gunny

Thanks for the support....help can involve a lot of aspect....from historical source to simple doubts suggestion....I'm sure that everyone of the memeber of this site is useful for eachother!

@ Unca-Fester

Thanks for your suggestion....I'll give a look at the site you're pointing me!

Maro

« Reply #116 on: March 31, 2019, 11:31:42 AM »

I've created a small texture updape which includes Map_T with added more trenches, crater textures and deleted roads (railways) which go through the battlefield for more realistic looking.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/7ej96055152c8oa/WWI_West_Front_more_trenches.zip/file

Ypres

Trenches over Somme

redwood

« Reply #117 on: March 31, 2019, 02:05:52 PM »

The links for the original maps are gone - were can one find this as a stand alone?

Many thanks - redwood

Flamer50

• 'Tracers work both ways.'
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #118 on: March 31, 2019, 03:58:53 PM »

The links for the original maps are gone - were can one find this as a stand alone?

Many thanks - redwood

Here's my copy:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/pjrdgjc6eu37kwz/WWI_Western_Front_WWI_The_Somme_map%25287-3-2014%2529.rar/file
 ]cheers[

@ Maro,
Tanks for your update ]thumbsup[
'The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.'

vonOben

• Modder
  • Wer den Tod fürchtet, hat das Leben verloren.
    • vonOben's Flight Sim Mods
« Reply #119 on: April 01, 2019, 04:20:38 AM »

I've created a small texture updape which includes Map_T with added more trenches, crater textures and deleted roads (railways) which go through the battlefield for more realistic looking.

Many thanks for the texture update Maro!  :)

Much appreciated!  :)

vonOben's Flight Sim Mods  http://vonoben.free.fr/ Twenty Years online January 3, 2022!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 27 queries.