Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: seaplane tender KAMIKAWA MARU  (Read 17948 times)

ROMULO

Re: seaplane tender KAMIKAWA MARU
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2017, 03:14:28 PM »

thank you very much for this magnificent boat, i works 4.13.2 / SAS Modact 6.2.

any chance of catapult ?.

D.Rasta

• 4.12.2m + HSFX 7.03
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2019, 02:57:08 PM »

I have 70% crash when instal both variants of this pack on B.A.T. 3.6.1., ...

No spawner for 'com.maddox.il2.objects.ships.CZOldCarpenter$KAMIKAMARU'

PlMisChief: property 'speed' NOT found in class 'com.maddox.il2.objects.ships.CZOldCarpenter$KAMIKAMARU
java.lang.RuntimeException: PlMisChief: property 'speed' NOT found in class 'com.maddox.il2.objects.ships.CZOldCarpenter$KAMIKAMARU

Please, tell me what should I do to get she working in B.A.T.?

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
  • I'm French and Rebel_409! Nobody is perfect!
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2019, 03:05:56 PM »

You've already had this kind of problem with another mod, I think!
And I think your problems come from a bad installation.
Check your ini files and the location of the Mod.
If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -

Squashman

• Modder
  • I am Spartacus
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2019, 04:06:28 PM »

I have 70% crash when instal both variants of this pack on B.A.T. 3.6.1., ...

No spawner for 'com.maddox.il2.objects.ships.CZOldCarpenter$KAMIKAMARU'

PlMisChief: property 'speed' NOT found in class 'com.maddox.il2.objects.ships.CZOldCarpenter$KAMIKAMARU
java.lang.RuntimeException: PlMisChief: property 'speed' NOT found in class 'com.maddox.il2.objects.ships.CZOldCarpenter$KAMIKAMARU

Please, tell me what should I do to get she working in B.A.T.?

I have the same 70% crash in BAT 3.6.1 - "PlMisChief: property 'speed' NOT found in class 'com.maddox.il2.objects.ships.CZOldCarpenter$KAMIKAMARU
java.lang.RuntimeException: PlMisChief: property 'speed' NOT found in class 'com.maddox.il2.objects.ships.CZOldCarpenter$KAMIKAMARU"
Strangely I have the ship working perfectly in SAS Modact 5.3 and Modact 6.4 - AND I simply copied everything over from the working example of the mod.
I have installed dozens of ship mods into BAT 3.6.1 including Westerns CV Pack and Kongo Pack, Gio's Akizuke DDs pack and USS Sims Pack, WW1 ShipYardSteam, J Class DDs, Archie's Merchant pack and many more, but it is only Archie's "CZOldCarpenter" KamikaMaru and the other "CZOldCarpenter" Pack of merchant ships which includes HM Warwick Castle, HMS Maplin KM Donau etc. that cause the 70% CTD.

Anyone got any ideas??

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2019, 10:44:58 AM »

yes, belatedly, I got an idea for your request:
actually its quite easy to get this ship going;
the download is a mess - loads of classfiles you do not need but which trigger 70% errors;
what you need to do is:

1) extract the whole bunch
2) delete all classfiles except E3143226D77BC3E4 and 82B755D65C46CFC8
3) copy over the E314... classfile into the ships.objects folder and overwrite the classfile of the same name there (no worries, you do not harm anything)
4) go into the 3d folder and rem out or delete the USSNoaDD343 folder (there is no text how to add that ship so we dont need it)
5) you should have a folder containing the 3do folder and the single classfile starting with 82B755 now - this is your ship folder that goes over to WAW3 - name it whatever you want
6) do not forget to add the ini files .. voila, the Kamika Maru becomes available in BAT...

BAT in its current state is really a mess shipwise...loads of ships missing, the ship extension mod not integrated and many classfiles of the older variety, making adding ships quite interesting...

Squashman

• Modder
  • I am Spartacus
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2019, 11:37:51 AM »

Thanks Griffon - Remarkable detective work; and now for the first time I have this great ship in BAT.
How did you know which were the relevant files and why did you suspect the BAT classfile archive was at fault?

I wonder if the same principle would apply to the CZOldCarpenter pack - I've always had the 70% CTD, no matter what I tried.

Many thanks once more

regards
Squash

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2019, 11:55:42 AM »

while I was at it, I also got the pack running you have mentioned...
actually it is quite easy once you know what you are doing;
you can open the classfiles with notepad and so you can sort of "read" what this classfiles is about;
in the case of the Kamikawa Maru, there was only one classfile inside that showed reference to that ship, while the others referenced ship I have never seen released for Il-2;
the bigger classfile (the one I told you to copy over and replace the one thats inside ships.classes folder) is referencing all ships, the creator of the mod did up to the time he released the Kamikawa Maru; it was bigger than the one originally in the ships.classes folder, so it was logic to copy and replace it with the file that came with the Kamikawa Maru :)
of course backing up everything beforehand helps a lot :D

in the case for the pack you have mentioned, try adding it and leave out the classfile you have copied over to ships.classes already :)
should work - if not, report back here and I try to get you going :)

Squashman

• Modder
  • I am Spartacus
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2019, 02:24:09 PM »

the bigger classfile (the one I told you to copy over and replace the one thats inside ships.classes folder) is referencing all ships, the creator of the mod did up to the time he released the Kamikawa Maru; it was bigger than the one originally in the ships.classes folder, so it was logic to copy and replace it with the file that came with the Kamikawa Maru :)
of course backing up everything beforehand helps a lot :D

in the case for the pack you have mentioned, try adding it and leave out the classfile you have copied over to ships.classes already :)
should work - if not, report back here and I try to get you going :)

Yes, it works.
Great work Griffon - Just like you said, each classfile relates to one of the ten ships plus the one that relates to all. It is very satisfying to have these ships in the game after so long.

One anomaly however, if the stationary entries are enabled, the game still crashes at 70%??? Lack of the stationary models is not a great problem, but do you know why this would be the case?

EDIT - Only the ships pack stationary entries cause CTD - not KamikaMaru

Thanks again for your excellent help

Squash

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2019, 02:33:39 PM »

Really? Need to check that but I think I have added the stationaries as well without crashing...
I'll see what I can do, need to go to bed now as I have to get up early tomorrow for work...
Watch this space in the evening :)

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2020, 10:00:16 PM »

Is it possible to fix this ship so that it can catapult launch F1M seaplanes?  That would be so awesome to have!

I just found this link about its history:  http://www.combinedfleet.com/Kamikawa%20Maru_t.htm

mihonishizumi

• miho nishizumi here
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2021, 12:52:01 AM »

what does it require in order to launch planes from this ship?
im a respected tank commander

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2021, 02:03:14 AM »

an all-round capable modder with a lot of time.

kidding aside, this is "just" a ship, with no further launch ability.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 26 queries.