Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: seaplane tender KAMIKAWA MARU  (Read 17960 times)

Marsei13(BG)

• Love IK-3 and hate FW-190 :P !
Re: seaplane tender KAMIKAWA MARU
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2013, 12:35:30 PM »

good work archie  THX

Plowshare

• Modder
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2013, 08:39:40 AM »

Agracier and anyone else interested:

How can you get empty spacing lines in the listing of ships in the FMB? Now, I have a continuous list of ships, while for purposes of finding particular models, it might be easier to have empty lines so that ships can be grouped by type ...

I daren't experiment to much with these ship/chief files, nor do I even have a notion which one determines what in the first place ...

It's not all that hard when you know how chief.ini works. Here's some lines from my chief.ini top, then bottom:

Code: [Select]
moveType SHIP

Warships              ships.Ship$USSGatoSS212_Sub      1 icons/shipDestroyer.mat
 Allies                ships.Ship$USSGatoSS212_Sub      1 icons/shipDestroyer.mat
 USNavy                ships.Ship$USSBesugo_Sub    1 icons/shipDestroyer.mat

USSLexingtonCV2       ships.Ship$USSLexingtonCV2       1 icons/shipDestroyer.mat
 USSCVGeneric          ships.Ship$USSCVGeneric      1 icons/shipDestroyer.mat
 USSSaratogaCV3        ships.Ship$USSSaratogaCV3        1 icons/shipDestroyer.mat

Separator             ships.Ship$USSGreenlingSS213_Sub 1 icons/shipDestroyer.mat
 RoyalNavy             ships.Ship$USSNautilus_Sub    1 icons/shipDestroyer.mat

Carrier1              ships.Ship$Carrier1          1 icons/shipDestroyer.mat
 HMSColossusCV         ships.Ship$HMSColossusCV     1 icons/shipDestroyer.mat
 HMSFormidableCV       ships.Ship$HMSFormidableCV    1 icons/shipDestroyer.mat

Separator             ships.Ship$USSGreenlingSS213_Sub 1 icons/shipDestroyer.mat
 RussianNavy           ships.Ship$USSPermit_Sub    1 icons/shipDestroyer.mat

Marat                 ships.Ship$Marat                 1 icons/shipDestroyer.mat
 Kirov                 ships.Ship$Kirov                 1 icons/shipDestroyer.mat

FrenchNavy            ships.Ship$USSPermit_Sub    1 icons/shipDestroyer.mat

Avizo2              ships.ShipYardSteam$Avizo2      1 icons/shipDestroyer.mat
 Avizo1              ships.ShipYardSteam$Avizo1      1 icons/shipDestroyer.mat
 GunBoat1              ships.ShipYardSteam$GunBoat1     1 icons/shipDestroyer.mat
 GunBoat2              ships.ShipYardSteam$GunBoat2     1 icons/shipDestroyer.mat

Warships              ships.Ship$USSGatoSS212_Sub      1 icons/shipDestroyer.mat
 Axis                  ships.Ship$ShukaP                1 icons/shipDestroyer.mat
 IJN                   ships.Ship$SubmarineP            1 icons/shipDestroyer.mat

IJNHiryuCV            ships.Ship$IJNHiryuCV          2 icons/shipDestroyer.mat
 IJNKagaCV             ships.Ship$IJNKagaCV            2 icons/shipDestroyer.mat

BOTTOM

[Ships.Separator]
 com.maddox.il2.objects.ships.Ship$G5
[Ships.Warships]
[Ships.Allies]
[Ships.USNavy]
[Ships.RoyalNavy]
[Ships.RussianNavy]
[Ships.FrenchNavy]
[Ships.Axis]
[Ships.IJN]

Here's the lines in technics_ru.properties for those lines in chief.ini:

Separator ************************************************************************************
Warships ************************************* Warships **********************************
Allies ************************************** Allies **************************************
USNavy ************************************ US Navy *************************************
RoyalNavy ********************************** Royal Navy ***********************************
RussianNavy ********************************** Soviet Navy ***********************************
FrenchNavy ****************************** Free French Navy *******************************
Axis **************************************** Axis *************************************
IJN *************************** Imperial Japanese Navy ***************************

Here's the screenshots to show the results:

The LEFT column in the TOP portion of chief.ini is what I call the "naming column." You'll note that you can call anything by any name as long as you use something the game notices - like the submerged subs and the Russian G-5. In the TOP portion the different names don't need to use different objects; I just used different objects so I could keep things straight in my head. You can use the same object over and over again as I use the "separator" over and over. In the BOTTOM portion you can the same object for everything as I use the G5. When you name an object in chief.ini you can still use that object for something else if you rename it - you will NOT lose the submerged subs or the G-5 because they will have a different name.

In the technics_ru.properties all you need to do is use the correct name from the TOP portion of the chief.ini and then you can call it whatever you want. I use a series of "**" for my "separator" but you could use whatever you want.

Something to keep in mind: You can choose the "separator" or any of the titles and whatever object you've chosen to link to that title or separator IN THE BOTTOM PORTION will show in FMB and can be used as the object. Hence, all my titles and separators will show the Russian G-5.

A spinoff I discovered is that the air.ini is similar to the TOP portion of the chief.ini and you can separate out your aircraft as well.

Now, the Stationary.ini is a hoss of a whole other colour!! Explaining this and the air.ini ain't for this thread.

Hope this helps.

Bob

panzerkeil

• Woof!
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2013, 12:54:24 PM »

I noticed the download also contains the folder for USS Noa.
Is this ship ready for use? If so: are the class files included as well, and what are the entries needed for .ini files?

Love the Kamikawa Maru; thanks a lot for this great ship!   :)

archie1971

• Modder
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2013, 01:09:30 PM »

K
I noticed the download also contains the folder for USS Noa.
Is this ship ready for use? If so: are the class files included as well, and what are the entries needed for .ini files?

Love the Kamikawa Maru; thanks a lot for this great ship!   :)
to use them, but there is a problem with the installation you must wait a little longer to solve it

ggrewe

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2013, 01:22:57 PM »

@ Bob (Plowshare)
Very useful layout - makes ship selection much easier now.
Thanks very much for detailed explanation & for sharing.

@ Archie
Great ship - thanks

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2013, 01:34:43 PM »

Plowshare ... thanks for the lengthy explanation. I will figure out what you explained and see how it works ...

But just to certain - both chief.ini and technics_ru.properties need to be altered? Both, not one or the other ... is that correct?

asheshouse

• SAS Team
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2013, 02:03:42 PM »

You do not "alter" existing entries in the technics_ru.propertiies file. You add new entries.

Example:

[Ships.Allies]
// adds a new line "Allies" to the "Ships" drop down menu.

Allies ************************************** Allies **************************************// substitutes new text for the word "Allies" in the "Ships" drop down menu.

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2013, 04:29:10 PM »

Great ship Archie. I really like your navy  8)
Good paint for the skins too!
Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

David Prosser

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2013, 08:53:02 PM »

Thanks archie, another well received mod.

cheers

David Prosser

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2013, 10:07:55 AM »

Hi Archie!

I'm a bit lost in the update of the old carpenter project!

I have a part II , a part 4 and a part V still to install....but I can't understand how can I can got all ships!

Any chance to upload a last WIP situation with all the ships and the .ini lines?

I suppose that part V is the last but it have only the Kamikamaru lines so I can't check if I have all the ships....

Thanks in advance for your hlp!

walter

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2013, 06:21:12 AM »

Hi any news on the UssNoah entries yet?
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB DDR6, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600Mhz, 256GB/500GB Crucial SSDs, Windows 10 64bit.

archie1971

• Modder
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2013, 10:29:06 AM »

Hi any news on the UssNoah entries yet?

I have to wait too busy in real life and twice we collapsed the computer so I'm putting together data if I lose
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 24 queries.