Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: SAS Late (Griffon) Seafire Pack  (Read 51161 times)

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
Re: SAS Late (Griffon) Seafire Pack
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2013, 05:50:10 AM »

remove the .303s!
they be overpowered too.
This one fits better?

Best regards - Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2013, 06:52:43 AM »

LOL :D
MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

ACUMV

« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2013, 07:00:17 AM »

seafire 46&47 climb much too fast
Compared to what. Please show the comparative data and name the sources so we can cross-check the flight model.

Best regards - Mike
report on wwiiaircraftperformance
http://www.spitfireperformance.com/seafire47.pdf
max power limited to +18lb. needs near 8min climb to 25kft.now only take me 4mins in QMB from 100m to 7500m.

and I belive new wing was used since seafire45.the model now only seafire 46 has it
rate of roll should be like this?from old flight magazine
 -edited ,pics below-

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2013, 07:27:15 AM »

I see a nice group of chinese advertisements, could you please reupp the images to your own space instead of crosslinking the images (which obviously is blocked by the owner)?

Regarding the wing: Count it as a stand-in. We've had the choice to postpone this mod another 2+?? years or release it as it is.

Thanks and best regards - Mike

ACUMV

« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2013, 08:07:35 AM »

I see a nice group of chinese advertisements, could you please reupp the images to your own space instead of crosslinking the images (which obviously is blocked by the owner)?

Regarding the wing: Count it as a stand-in. We've had the choice to postpone this mod another 2+?? years or release it as it is.

Thanks and best regards - Mike
sorry I dont know that blocks,upload to ww2aircraft.net,should no problem.
just some pics about wing and rate of roll

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2013, 08:17:41 AM »

let me put another spanner in the works, and say that i am quite happy with them as they are now. please don't change them.(although the blowguns would make for an interesting loadout LOL!) :D
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2013, 08:26:29 AM »

+1, they are as good as they are, thanks!
MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2013, 01:13:07 AM »

report on wwiiaircraftperformance
http://www.spitfireperformance.com/seafire47.pdf
max power limited to +18lb? needs near 8min climb to 25kft?now only take me 4mins in QMB from 100m to 7500m.
Thanks for the report ACUMV.
I get the feeling that the ROC is generally a tad better in IL-2 than it was in real life.

Comparing the ROC ingame for e.g. another 18lb stock Spitfire you'll see that the Spitfire XIc for instance has a ROC of more than 5.500 ft/min all the way from ground to 3000m, that's 2000 ft/min more than the Seafire 47 performance chart gives us on military power.
Note that the Spit XIc had nearly the same power to mass ratio like the Seafire 47 (23 hp/lb vs. 22 hp/lb).

Another valid comparison would be the Spitfire Mk. XIV which is in HSFX 6 and underwent extensive FM testing by Aaken for the "expert mode" flight models. It has a similar Griffon engine with the same +18lb charge limit.
This one hammers more than 6.500 ft/min ROC from tree top to 3000m, that's 3000 ft/min more than the Seafire 47 performance chart gives us on military power, nearly double the ROC meaning nearly have the time to altitude.
Again the Spit XIV had nearly the same power to mass ratio like the Seafire 47 (23 hp/lb vs. 22 hp/lb).

Please see charts of Spit IXc and XIV below for comparison:

As you see, if we'd try to reduce the ROC of the Seafire 47 to the values given in document your provided, we'd thereby make it a sitting duck compared to all other Spitfires and Seafires in the game, so for the sake of balance I say we leave it like it is, since this way it seems to fit perfectly.

Best regards - Mike

ACUMV

« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2013, 07:34:22 AM »

[Fullquote snipped]
yeah I know most aircrafts in this game has better ROC than real AC
sorry for our govenment blocks many sites,includes imageshack, I cant see that.
Is that a pic form IL2 compareHSFX6?  I dont have one. the 4.11ver shows 23.6m/S=4645fpm (Mk IXc LF+18lb)

first time I noticed ROC was in a fight betwee seafire47 and AI spitXIV. 47 was really amazing, win easily.
then I tested seafire47 alone, and discover that perhaps about 50% faster ROC than spitXIV
my game version is 4.12+Modact?I dont have HSFX installed.so no idea about spitXIV performance in that

Well, its OK if you wish keep this FM unchanged.46&47 are only things I can use against G56. 8)

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2013, 09:08:25 AM »

Sorry that you can't see imageshack, yes it's an image of IL-2 Compare for HSFX 6.
It shows that between 0m and 3000m Spit IXc has a ROC between 27m/s and 28.5m/s and Spit XIV is between 33m/s and 34.5m/s.
Actually according to the climb time you mentioned, this should be pretty much where the Seafire 47 is.

Best regards - Mike

ACUMV

« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2013, 08:00:47 PM »

copy that :)

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2013, 08:38:53 AM »

i don't know when this all started, but not having flown these in a while, i have found serious fubar/snafu situation with these planes in both my 4.12.1 installs.
the loadouts display as a complete mess in the menu, some being repeated maybe half a dozen times, the Merlin 45, 46 and 47 don't even display at all, and the loadouts look no better with the two remaining models that work, having bombs duplicated, and some sitting off at weird distances from the plane. it's an abortion....
i've looked for conflicts, found none......needing some help, please.....:D
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 26 queries.