Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AI Behavior Change?  (Read 1003 times)

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
AI Behavior Change?
« on: March 17, 2013, 03:19:30 AM »

I don't know where to post this, but I figure that here can never hurt.

I was wondering about AI behavior - is it affected by the loadout of a plane? To give an example. Say an ai plane is fit with just a default loadout of machine guns. Would it's behavior in the game, then differ if the same plane were loaded with bombs or rockets?

I've noticed that bombers for instance do not always take very drastic evasive action when encountering enemies, but often tend to just fly straight on in level flight. Now for planes like a B-24, B-25 etc, this cannot be otherwise. But with fighter bombers I wonder if they shouldn't rather get into attack mode, as fighters and go to the offensive.

Is this kind of behavior influence by a loadout? Or is it innate to the plane an the FM of that plane?

And to go a bit further, if this is at the present level of game development a fixed characteristic, might it be possible to have a option to change this for certain planes? Say, set ai behavior as mainly defensive, mainly offensive or something in this manner?

Friedrich-Wilhelm

Re: AI Behavior Change?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 12:16:16 PM »

I remember that in an earlier version of the game, probably before the 4.10 patch, Il-2s would sometimes behave as fighters and attack opposing fighter aircraft, either head-on, or in an attempt at pursuit. However, I do not know whether they still do that in more recent versions of the game.

Ass Eagle

Re: AI Behavior Change?
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 10:59:02 PM »

I noticed P-47's/-51's change when there loadouts include bombs. Less aggressive.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 26 queries.