Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: A Mod Act What Is It and What Does It Do? Part 3  (Read 12549 times)

farang65

• never two weeks two decades
  • SAS Team
  • Fortress Formosa
A Mod Act What Is It and What Does It Do? Part 3
« on: March 08, 2013, 03:51:33 AM »

Oh your so excited   :D You have a copied game in a large drive on your computer which plays easily with the no cd MOD  for unmodded games.

You really want to officially MOD your game so now what ?

If you just downloaded a couple of aircraft and put them in to your no cd version game hap hazzardly nothing would happen and they would not show up in the fmb

Why is that so 

Well fellow IL-2 players you really need a MOD ACT to activate your copied game version.

Installing a MOD ACT will activate your game which allows you to add MODS into your game and be able to enjoy those MODS for hours on end   ;D

The MOD ACTS available here at the SAS for IL-2 1946 are as follows;

4.09 game patch/version

SAS MOD ACT 2.3 BETA

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,8993.0.html

Your load up screen should look like this

4.10.1 game patch/version

SAS MOD ACT 3.06

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,16382.0.html

4.11.1 game patch/version

SAS MOD ACT v4 FOR  4111m RC7

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,30856.0.html

So going back to the 4.10.1 patch/version example you want to install the SAS Mod Act 306

Aren't you interested to see what is inside the rar/zip file before you extract it into your game root folder

In this case D: MODGAME

Go on don't be shy, why not have a look inside first and see what makes up a Mod Act. :D

Huh  ??? You say Why should I do that?

Doing this helps you start to gain a little understanding of the file structure for the game.

Extract to your desktop using/folder in rar or zip.

Open up the folder and lets take a little peek

SAS_Modact_3.06/#SAS
                            DGen
                            jsgmemods
                            Missions
                            MyScreenShots
                            NGen
                            SAS Mod Act 3 Documentation
                            SAS_SFS
                            a new funky il2fb exe
                            il2fb_Stock exe
                            JSGME exe
                            JSGME.ini

Looking at these folders and new exe's that are not in your unmodded version you start to think Wohah this is too much for me.

Hold on a minute a number of things are important to you in the above list

The new funky blue icon with a read star is what you will use to start your game.

The #SAS folder is very important as this is where you will install your MODS

The JSGME exe is also very important as this is what you use to activate some already provided MODS by the SAS

The documents are there for you to gain more understanding of the ModAct

Installing The Mod Act                           

Extract into your copyied game root folder such as D: MODGAME if it asks to over write click yes

Go into the MODGAME folder

Click on the JSGME exe

Activate the mods provided in the list by activating (moving)them to the other box in the JSGME box

Start the game using the new funky blue and red star icon.

Cross fingures again touching wood.   ;D

Holy Crap you see a different image on your screen  Cool  8)

You check down at the bottom of the screen which should say something like

SAS ModAct 3.06

Loading Loading and Viola the SaS Mod Act is on your screen and now you can check it all out

One word of advice

For those who got thier game off the internet you may have problems with a Mod Act.

You will need to download and install this direct to drive patch

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,1531.0.html

This will help awesomely for those who got thier game off the internet.

Now you say but hold on I've heard of some really big MOD packs available for IL-2 1946.

Those large packs will be in another layman's sticky   :)

Happy Flying 

SAS~Farang

Benny

Re: A Mod Act What Is It and What Does It Do? Part 3
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 07:56:51 PM »

I have followed every direction and the game still won't start up...  :( :-[
Bf-109's are incredible.

farang65

• never two weeks two decades
  • SAS Team
  • Fortress Formosa
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 05:07:08 AM »

so you followed parts 1,2 and 3

kirby

45South

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 09:32:40 AM »

OK, I'm stupid. I've been on a mission downloading and updating after a long hiatus from iL2.
In my bleary-eyed haste I have accidentally installed the v3.06 SAS_modact over a 4.11.1 HSFX 6 copy.
My question is: can I just go ahead and unzip the SAS_modact v4 over the top of this copy or do I have to go back to a clean HSFX/4.11.1 copy?

Follow-up: I tried just copying over but I had anyway messed things up I think. So I just deleted everything in the install folder and copied back in a running copy of iL2_10.11.1
It all seems so obvious once you've got there.

Some things that have been unclear to me during install:
For MOD folder read #SAS.
To enable a mod for SAS-modact simply copy it into the #SAS folder. That's all*
*You can enable via jsgme but for the engine mod it seems better to just install it this way no?
Plane mods: Navigate to the #SAS folder and search from there for air.ini plane_ru, weapons_ru etc to be sure you update the correct ones. Then just copy/paste and save.
I've installed skins into the main game folders \PaintSchemes\Skins\ folder. It works. I'm not sure if I should have created a folder hierarchy in the #SAS folder for cleanliness?

My 2 cents worth :-)

Oldsalt

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 04:12:32 AM »

Good day all,
Thankyou very much for these instructions and advice, I have modded 4.10.1 to SAS Mod Activator 3.06 feeling very proud of my self, I then downloaded UP3_RC4 and installed that to The SAS 1946 (overview folder) and that did not work.  Evertime I run the simulation it stops at 95% which is an error I have seen somewhere else in the newbee forum. So thanks to your advice of making a copy of 4.10.1 I am back fairly quickly to SAS 3.06.  Having read the guide do I load the UP3_RC4 into the SAS folder rather than over the whole thing. Well I am hoping thats the next step.
Any advice would be good.
All the best
Oldsalt :)

Oldsalt

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2016, 04:24:34 AM »

Just to add SAS 3.06 starts fine without track IR running but hangs up at 95% when track IR (head tracking) is running but enabling in
the JGSME allows it to load.
All the best
Oldsalt

Flieger

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2021, 09:28:18 AM »

Thank you so much Farang65,
Your declarations will be my beacon in the fog. Hopefully the IL-2 cliffs won't crush me anymore. :)
No war has wiped out all idiots.

Ralph

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2021, 01:20:10 AM »

Hello i am new here and i play this game couple of weeks ago and its craked version 4.07m and i don't know how to install mod can you help me?

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2021, 11:10:19 AM »

Nobody will help you with a cracked version.
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

Airman Of Blue Notes

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2021, 11:54:19 PM »

Brand new member. New to BATs, but used to play Il-2 Sturmovik when it first came out, before all the amazing 1946 and mods that came later.

Downloaded the game again from GOG and then found your forum via all those cool Fishyy videos on Youtube.

Downloaded the Patch and BATs WAW 4.0, the World War II pack. Game launches and seems like a successful install, all be it a large install.

However, the game loads in a "windowed" mode and defaults to OpenGL. I have the latest version of DirectX, but when I select that in the video options--the game crashes to my desktop.

Any support would be greatly appreciated. Very excited about exploring BAT and everything you've created in Il-2.

FL2070

• Modder
  • FAC #87
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2021, 06:09:51 AM »

the game loads in a "windowed" mode and defaults to OpenGL. I have the latest version of DirectX, but when I select that in the video options--the game crashes to my desktop.

Changing graphics settings should be done through the conf.ini, and not through the in-game menus. The conf.ini is found in the game's main folder—some may see the file as just "conf". But, don't just open it and start messing with it: look here so you know what you're doing.

Also, there is a specific way you use DirectX with IL-2: you don't. Suffice it to say, OpenGL is just better for this game, and you should never use DirectX unless you're unfortunate enough to have an integrated graphics card-only system and it's your only option.
On average, the average average averages, averagely, the average average of all averages.

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2021, 08:02:06 AM »

Also, do not use the game interface to make settings in your modded install, preferably make them directly in the con.ini file.

If you use one of the suggested con.ini files from the BAT 4.0 download thread, you have all the basics set.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 21 queries.