Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 43   Go Down

Author Topic: Mi-24V VERSION 2.5 MAJOR FLIGHT MODEL UPDATE  (Read 160004 times)

Torenico

Re: Mi-24V HIND-E
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2013, 03:05:24 PM »

POWER FROM GLORIOUS MOTHER RUSSIA!

Many many many many many thanks!!!!!!!

elbarto

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2013, 03:06:01 PM »

awesome job dude, but i have an issue. i'm running dbw 1.7 4.10 blah blah blah and have all the required mods. the game loads up fine, i select the hind, it's loadout and so on then try to fly it and it gets to 100%  then ctd's...

any idea what's going on?

BT~wasted

• Modder
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2013, 03:16:12 PM »

Wasted and All,

just checked. This is nice, but a lot of work on modellization must be done regarding hellicopters and this game.

Wasted, I'm not complaining about your work, this is kind of a public claim for collaborative working on setting the bases to allow all the choppers to act like real ones.

For those that do not know the sempsation, it is quite different than being in a plane, and the controls make it work totally different. Here is a good basic explanation made by these Australians:

The fact is: we are starting to have nice helicopter models in game, but they act like "strange planes", not real helis. Wasted, as you mentioned in the past, the key is that we don't have a real "hover model". When you pull the collective lever (we don't have this in Il-2) the chopper starts climbing, not flying. It still is in the same position. To fly (to go forward) you have to push the stick to the front. It doesn't produce the effect of the stick of a plane that makes it take a descending path. In the chopper it creates a positive force to the front that makes the helicopter go forward.

Do we have in the site a real modeller in code? This is not a matter of tweaking planes FMs, we have to develop a different physics behaviour.

Regards,
                            Pablo

I am totally agree, but I've made my best to improve it. I've tried to actually make it fly forward easier, by implementing a specific code that is connected to the thrust and your stick. It is simple and basically wrong, but it is the easiest to implement for me in this situation.

Tell me if you need the code and I'll upload it to SVN.

What suggestions do you have about improving it?

For example I have some sort of imagination about how to make it fall down fast if your engine is out. (using vektor.z with positive and slowdown on vekto.x and y) Just an idea.

BT~wasted

• Modder
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2013, 03:20:00 PM »

awesome job dude, but i have an issue. i'm running dbw 1.7 4.10 blah blah blah and have all the required mods. the game loads up fine, i select the hind, it's loadout and so on then try to fly it and it gets to 100%  then ctd's...

any idea what's going on?

hmmm....strange. I need to see your log file :)

Marsei13(BG)

• Love IK-3 and hate FW-190 :P !
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2013, 03:22:28 PM »

IL-2 1996  ;D

HotelAlpha

• F.A.C #7
  • Modder
  • Tactical dominance is key
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2013, 03:29:38 PM »

Spat out my drink when feets told me about this! Great job! :)
"All modern aircraft have four dimensions: span, length, height and politics" -Sydney Camm

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2013, 03:30:00 PM »

Wasted,
                 I think that the main thing is implementing a different model of forces (and this will be useful for the dirigibles too).

-Planes: impulse in the axis = thrust => Produces lift as a consequence of air flow in the wings

-Helis: tilt of the main rotor force = lift => Produces thrust as a derivated force

So this happens:

This last difference is what no plane FM could reproduce, because the causes and consequences of forces are too different. That's why I say that we have to fully modellize something different.

Let me think about the subject. Share your code with me and I will take a look to it.

Regards,
                       Pablo

kaxII

• Modder
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2013, 03:33:45 PM »

Damnnnnnn I never got to try the beta version, now I can't feel special, damn you! :p

But seriously awesome work mate you are making the soviet cold war section really full!

BT~wasted

• Modder
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2013, 03:36:17 PM »

Well basically now we have smth like this, because Engine doesn't tows you forward. Currently in the flight model the Vector of both engines is set to Z axis, so basically no forward thrust. Then there is a different problem: in IL-2 your controls effectivnes depends on your speed and when you hover you basically have no control so there is a line of code in the classfiles that transfers the stick values into FM.Or.increment. And this is the thing that bothers me most of all, but unfortunately I don't see any other solution...

What suggestions do you have? maybe you can point into some direction?

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2013, 03:38:00 PM »

awesome job, guys! :D
i'm sure, given time, we can iron out the physics, and hopefully implement something that really does the job.
for now, it rocks! :D
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

BT~wasted

• Modder
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2013, 03:39:20 PM »

Okay, I am uploading sources to SVN now :)

SAS~GJE52

• Editor
  • Orchard Studios
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2013, 03:45:09 PM »

IL-2 1996 

eh ......

" ....... the production version Mi-24A (izdeliye 245) entered production in 1970, obtaining its initial operating capability in 1971 and was officially accepted into the state arsenal in 1972"

Great job guys, well done .....  ;)

G;

Do not criticise a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes...  Then you can call him what you like, as you have his shoes ... and he is a mile away......
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 43   Go Up

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 24 queries.