Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 43   Go Down

Author Topic: Mi-24V VERSION 2.5 MAJOR FLIGHT MODEL UPDATE  (Read 159844 times)

BT~wasted

• Modder
Mi-24V VERSION 2.5 MAJOR FLIGHT MODEL UPDATE
« on: February 24, 2013, 01:10:32 PM »

Mi-24V HIND-E VERSION 2.5

WARNING! Major Flight Model update, please read more at the bottom of the post.

The Mil Mi-24 (NATO reporting name: Hind) is a large helicopter gunship and attack helicopter and low-capacity troop transport with room for eight passengers. It is produced by Mil Moscow Helicopter Plant and operated since 1972 by the Soviet Air Force, its successors, and more than 30 other nations. In NATO circles, the export versions, Mi-25 and Mi-35, are denoted with a letter suffix as "Hind-D" and "Hind-E" respectively. Soviet pilots called the Mi-24 the "flying tank", or (rus. letayushchiy tank). More common unofficial nicknames were "Crocodile" (rus. Krokodil) due to the helicopter's camouflage scheme .

Credits:
Original 3d model was made and kindly donated by Petr005 for inclusion in IL-2. Big thanks to Petr005 for sharing his top notch 3d work with us.

This model was donated ONLY for inclusion in IL-2 and it cannot be re uploaded or redistributed or used in any other game.

Adaptation for IL-2:
3d work: Wasted
Flight Model: Vega and Wasted and benitomuso(P.A.L)
Java Work: Vega and Wasted and benitomuso(P.A.L)
Advice and Ideas: SAS~S3 and benitomuso(P.A.L)

Features used from other mods:
"Ground Effect" by checkyersix from huey by FM
Sounds from huey by FM
Fuel Tanks model from L-159G by GJE52
Zsh-3 pilot helmet by CsoCso from MiG-21.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
READ THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS HOW TO INSTALL !
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This mod was made and tested on DBW 1.7 installation (Jet War 1.2) along with latest AI Engine Mod 2.6.
It is essential that you also have the AI Engines Hotkeys mod,
version 2.6RC, as previously mentioned. Without it, you will have some problems.
find it here : https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,23327.0.html
--------make sure to install the 2.6 RC version, not the 2.5 version-----------

---> You will need L-159G by GJE52.
You NEED TO INSTALL the jet airplane L-159G ... only then you will have WEAPONS on Hind-E.
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,29002.0.html

DOWNLOAD NEW "HIND" VERSION 2.5:
---------> http://www.sendspace.com/file/94frtw

MEDIAFIRE LINK:
https://www.mediafire.com/?96pub6rqsio1a8p

It includes Flyable version and stationary object .... AI version will come later.

Important Notes:
Rotor Tilt (idea by SAS~S3): now, like in RL you have your rotor moving along with your ciclic. You can both see and feel the effect. The rotor mesh will be moving when you look at it from external. But the main feature is actual behavior changes. Now you don't need to pitch down that much to fly forward and it helps you to hover better and it also allows you to make something like Flare Landing.

Fixed Flight Model: Vega and me were working for some time to fix verious problems with heli flight model and seems result is more or less better then before. Fixed problems with backflipping at take off. So now you can hit 100% throttle if you need to. Hover behavior is also improved and now it is much easier. Fixed the very annoying bug, when your aircraft would suddenly start falling to one side. And there alot of other various little fixes here and there.

YakB 12,7 four barrel minigun is operated from the turret cockpit (be aware that it has only 1470 rounds!).

S-5M is an unguided rocket with HE warhead. Use it against infantry and lightly armored targets.

S-5K is an unguided rocket with HEAT warhead and it can penetrate up to 130 mm of armor.

S-8 is an unguided rocket with HE warhead. Use it against infantry and lightly armored targets.

S-8KOM is an unguided rocket with HEAT warhead.

S-8DM carries a liquid highly explosive warhead and it is equal to 5 kg of TNT.

RBK-250 is an antitank cluster bombs. It is filled with PTAB bomblets, so make sure to have enough altitude when you drop it.

Sturm-V is a SACLOS radio guided anti-tank missile. Unfortunately in IL-2 we can't imitate this, but you can "guide" your missile using turret cockpit. Missile will track the target that is in center of your reticle. As in real life you need to keep your reticle on the target all the time, before missile hits its (your Sturm missiles are on the "Bomb" key).

Seems thats all. Enjoy a few more screenshots of this legendary aircraft  8):

VERSION 2.5 Change Log:
1. The main feature of this update is the new flight model, that brings IL-2 rotorcraft flight modeling to a whole new level. This is so far the most stable helicopter Flight Model in game at this stage. Big thanks to benitomuso (P.A.L.) for his very important contribution, help and advice during this process. Now you can do most of the real helicopter maneuvers like on those utube videos and make some "hollywood-style" Hind attacks with very sharp turns etc. Take off along with hovering is 100% possible and there should be no problem with that at all. Also now you can fly sideways, backwards etc without any problems. I've also added autorotation when your tail is shot off, but it is still buggy and will be improved in next update. The other important feature that now you can use your level stabilizer without any problems and this is especially useful, when you are operating gunner position.

2. Sturm-V missile updated. Now it uses all benefits of the latest Jet War and AI Engines 2.6 code. Guidance mode principles weren't changed, but now you have the Rocket Key for this missile and you should use your "Select Missile" button to switch between unguided and guided weapons. Also when you have your Sturm-V selected you need to press your "Brakes" key to get it engaged and only the you will be able to fire it.

3. All weapons characteristics were adjusted and now more realistic.

4. Fixed bug with invisible DUAS-V (Thanks to Ranwers).

5. New pilot ZSh-3 helmets. Made by CsoCso and I've made slight edits to them.

6. New more realistic Sturm-V launch tube texture.

7. Fixed tail navigation light position.

8. Added working Flare dispensers (you need to assign button in your controls).

9. Fixed gunner cockpit position to allow more easier and accurate aiming.

10. Other misc small fixes.

Hope you enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------

4.12.2 patch in reply #362 by Western 18-Nov-2013.

Edit by SAS~Bombsaway. Here is my FM that solves the overheating issue
in 4.12  https://www.mediafire.com/download/alszvaoz8tz0ho5/Hind+FM.rar

-------------------------------------------------

MI-24 for 4.12

reading Westerns post #499 27-Aug-2016 here Mi-24 v2.5 isn't 4.12 EngMod 2.7 compatible.
To get a Mi-24 working with Engine Mod 2.7 go here.

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
Re: Mi-24V HIND-E
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 01:14:42 PM »

Cool, thanks Wasted! Works perfect in DBW! :)
MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 01:25:40 PM »

Great!

It looks very nice. Good news what you say about the rotor.

I will test it. The most strange thing on the development version was that you could plane a long long way with the engine off. Had you the chance to improve that behaviour?

Regards,
                          Pablo

brav6

• Steam
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 01:31:10 PM »

I'm speechless...

I can't thank you enough mate. Everything works like a charm.

cgagan

• SAS Team
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 01:47:32 PM »

Magnificent beast (and job)!!!! 8)

BT~wasted

• Modder
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 02:11:00 PM »

Great!

It looks very nice. Good news what you say about the rotor.

I will test it. The most strange thing on the development version was that you could plane a long long way with the engine off. Had you the chance to improve that behaviour?

Regards,
                          Pablo

Well actually it is the implementation of this feature:

??? ??? :o :o :) :D ;D :P

Jokes aside, I haven't tested it yet, but I think it should be solved, if no, I'll try to fix it in next version :)

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 02:15:10 PM »

Wasted and All,

just checked. This is nice, but a lot of work on modellization must be done regarding hellicopters and this game.

Wasted, I'm not complaining about your work, this is kind of a public claim for collaborative working on setting the bases to allow all the choppers to act like real ones.

For those that do not know the sempsation, it is quite different than being in a plane, and the controls make it work totally different. Here is a good basic explanation made by these Australians:

The fact is: we are starting to have nice helicopter models in game, but they act like "strange planes", not real helis. Wasted, as you mentioned in the past, the key is that we don't have a real "hover model". When you pull the collective lever (we don't have this in Il-2) the chopper starts climbing, not flying. It still is in the same position. To fly (to go forward) you have to push the stick to the front. It doesn't produce the effect of the stick of a plane that makes it take a descending path. In the chopper it creates a positive force to the front that makes the helicopter go forward.

Do we have in the site a real modeller in code? This is not a matter of tweaking planes FMs, we have to develop a different physics behaviour.

Regards,
                            Pablo

AngelofDeath6V

• Modder
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2013, 02:17:20 PM »

Woo! Thanks guys!  ;D

Marsei13(BG)

• Love IK-3 and hate FW-190 :P !
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2013, 02:32:28 PM »

WOW

dsawan

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2013, 02:45:38 PM »

nice but i get the pink skin problem

SAS~GJE52

• Editor
  • Orchard Studios
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2013, 02:47:19 PM »

nice but i get the pink skin problem
and if you read the Mil-8 thread you'll know why  .......  ???

G;
Do not criticise a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes...  Then you can call him what you like, as you have his shoes ... and he is a mile away......

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2013, 03:01:02 PM »

Gooooooooood Moooorning Afghanistan !!
Hey this not a test , this is Russian Rock N Roll !
Its time to rock it from Kabul all the way to Islama-bad !!
Does that sound bad or did we just cross the border and invaded another country?!
Who Cares, I can do anything in my new badass Hind and
everyone can kiss my behind!!
This is IL2-1986!  8)
SPACIBA SAS!
Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 43   Go Up

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 26 queries.