Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 83   Go Down

Author Topic: Tiger 33's Ultimate Sound mod V3 (UV3)  (Read 404474 times)

Semor

• IL2 without Mods is possible,but senseless!
Re: Tiger 33's Ultimate Sound mod v3 (UV3)
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2012, 05:28:54 AM »

Indeed, everyone's taste is different but I did notice many posters here saying how low the in-cockpit seemed to them. Never having sat in the cockpit of one of these planes with the engine running hard, I cannot really judge, but I suspect that it would be somewhat deafening. If the turbo supercharger had the effect of dampening the sound effect then just imagine a large radial without it! Those pilots had their headgear with earpiece for radio comms but how much protection did they really get. I wonder how many pilots had their hearing permanently damaged from flying. Just another thing to grim and bear I suppose.

As a matter of enquiry, would it be a relatively easy thing to edit the volume level within the sound mod, not to alter it in any way other than the volume played to the user? Speaking personally, I would choose to do that, to allow me to immerse myself even more in this great sim.

+1000

I totally agree!!  ;)

PA_Willy

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2012, 05:42:04 AM »

Me too. Although I know Tiger is not going to change his mind about interior volume. This is a old question with Tiger sounds (from first version).

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2012, 05:43:51 AM »

... well the in cockpit sound samples and matching .prs files being compiled in SFS format, this would mean "unzipping" them in .wav format and readable .prs files so as to be able to "tweak" them to everyone's taste, and I am not that sure that Tiger would like the idea ...

But well HE is the author of UV3 sound mod so it's up to him to consider your request (... or not ...)

Semor

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2012, 05:44:40 AM »

Yea,sad..but true. (and this stops me from using this really nice sound mod..)

but one day..who knows.

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2012, 05:57:36 AM »

... yep, very sad for you, but which in cockpit sounds do you find too low...??

All of them or only a few ones ?

Just asking in order to test them myself, just in case, suppose I find they are all OK (according to my taste of course), so this could mean you've got an issue somewhere in your install/harware/sofware ....

Semor

« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2012, 06:45:04 AM »

You ask for witch cockpit sounds?

hmmm, nearly all of them..?  :-\ ,ok,the sound in the Bf-110er are ok so far... (according to my taste of course)

My specs.:
Tigers Newest version.
HSFX6 (newest version)
All recomended settings on.(config & ingame)
Creative Soundblaster card.(newest driver of course)
Never had issues with the Fly-bys.

But for my taste (and I´m not allone with this) the in cockpit sounds are way too low,some of weapon sounds are too low,or some of them are too loud in compare to the engine.(it depends on the Plane type).The outside sound was never a problem!
I visit many Airshows in Europe and according to this,Tiger has made an excellent work for IL-2.On the other hand I was one of these lucky guys who had the chance to take place in the rear seat of a T-6 Texan and fly some Base legs with the pilot.The Pratt & Whitney R-1340-AN-1 Wasp radial engine made a sweet noise like hell in the cockpit,and from this point,I think many of Tiger´s inCockpit sounds are too low adjusted.

Please,see this not as an offence or complain to Tiger or you.It´s only my point of view.I know tiger has a different one.But that´s ok.

My 2 cents for Today.

Peace.  :)

Sonny Tucson

« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2012, 07:48:41 AM »

Hi Tiger

Thanks for the update , but it looks like the archive is corrupted . (Two downloads and two corrupted archives !).

Sonny Tucson. :)

No corrupted archives for me, but well just in case, here is another link :

https://www.mediafire.com/?4ic8z7v3dkdx646

Hey Mick

This one is O.K.

Thank You .

Sonny :)

greybeard

• Modder
  • diligo veritatem
    • Old stuff about RB3D and a tiny "IL2 corner"
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2012, 08:13:10 AM »

About low engine sounds volume in cockpit I suggest what follows:

Disable FlyBy at bottom of your conf.ini file:
[Mods]
Flyby=0

Then "Enable Extension" either setting them ON in your Sound Setup Menu or writing "1" in sound section of your conf.ini:
[sound]
NumChannels=4
SoundFlags.hardware=1

I think the flyby sound you'll get this way is even more "natural" than the "special" one, OTOH you'll get again a high enough volume of engine sounds.

Cheers,
GB

P.S.: about cumulative update for HSFX, actually many contains only "button" file, so would be enough add the latest (now that for 6.0.15), but caution! Some of previous ones include also different files (like RC for 6.0.14 and new sounds for 6.0.13), so if you add just the last, you'll miss (and probably mess) something. I advise to install in their sequence, from first to last.
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 - RAM: 2GB DDR @ 201 MHz - MoBo: ASUSTeK Computer INC. A8N-SLI (Socket 939) - Vidcard: 1024MB NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT (Club3D) - Screen: L1750SQ (1280x1024@75Hz) - Audio: Realtek AC'97 Audio.

Semor

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2012, 08:40:29 AM »

Ok. Thanx.I will try this.

'MadDog'

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2012, 08:57:19 AM »

Hello Greybeard

The suggestion of yours about disabling the flyby sound in order to get the full strength of sound in the pit is maybe just what I need and I will try it as soon as I can. Thank you for that. With a stronger in-cockpit level then I will go back to Tiger's mod for sure. I wasn't aware that this was a facet of his work from the earlier versions and he has his specific reasons I am sure so I don't even count it as a criticism, merely an observation. It is a brilliant piece of work in any case.

With reference to the accumulative updates I was referring to the UV3 patches for each version of HSFX. Naturally, as each new HSFX comes out I am installing using the new AutoUpdater, nothing could be easier. But do I need to do the same with the corresponding UV3 patches also or could I simply install the last one for 6.0.15 if I install Tiger's mod today? That was the knub of my question.

I will get back to you and report back on how the pit sounds with flyby turned off. Thanks again

Euan

greybeard

• Modder
  • diligo veritatem
    • Old stuff about RB3D and a tiny "IL2 corner"
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2012, 10:05:26 AM »

... I was referring to the UV3 patches for each version of HSFX.

I too. Sorry if I was unclear. You should install Tiger33's updates of his UV3 in same order of previous HSFX updates. It doesn't matter if you have already updated HSFX to 6.0.15: just install UV3 updates in following order: 6.0.11-6.0.13-6.0.14-6.0.15. Can't find a "6.0.12": I guess it was included in 6.0.13.

Tiger33's sound mod is great, IMHO one of the best mod in general available for IL-2. I can no more revert to stock sounds, when I try, I'm annoyed by the difference.
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 - RAM: 2GB DDR @ 201 MHz - MoBo: ASUSTeK Computer INC. A8N-SLI (Socket 939) - Vidcard: 1024MB NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT (Club3D) - Screen: L1750SQ (1280x1024@75Hz) - Audio: Realtek AC'97 Audio.

SpitK5054

« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2012, 10:05:49 AM »

Hi, after installing the sound mod for up3, the game crashes at 5%. if someone could tell me what the problem is that would be great.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 83   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 28 queries.