Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83   Go Down

Author Topic: Tiger 33's Ultimate Sound mod V3 (UV3)  (Read 404820 times)

Mick

• Modder
Re: Tiger 33's Ultimate Sound mod V3 (UV3)
« Reply #948 on: March 22, 2016, 10:07:33 AM »

When is UV4 coming out? :P

... never, I am afraid, since Tiger left IL2 world shortly after he released UV3 ...  ::(

He then made a sound mod for BoS, that was never considered for integration by their devs ...  o_O

ildifa

« Reply #949 on: April 17, 2016, 09:44:44 PM »

Hello everybody, I wanted to share my experience of trying to get UV3 to work on my 4.12 + modact 5.3 install, as maybe it could help someone...

At first I unpacked the folder "#_UV3" (contained in the archive for version 4.09) directly in the #SAS folder;
I then removed the buttons file and the .rc file contained there;
Then I added the two "tigersounds" sfs files to the root folder and added the corresponding lines in the .rc file contained in the "#SAS\STD\etc." folder.

With this method (the one suggested by Drewm3i) the game doesn't work well: at the start of a test QMB mission the plane starts in free fall, with engine off, and there are some errors in the log (something about missing hooks...).
BUT, if I quickly start the engine, all seems to go well, the sounds are the correct ones, the WEP flames are visible, the flybys work properly.

However, I tried deleting all the java classfiles except for 24F1DC2A4AD9FA76 (as was suggested further up in the thread) and got a result that satisfies me: even if the flybys and the WEP effect don't work anymore, there aren't anymore java errors, and the in-cockpit sounds work fine.

This was my experience, I'd be glad if anyone can add some opinions...

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
  • I'm French and Rebel_409! Nobody is perfect!
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #950 on: April 18, 2016, 12:55:19 AM »

If I understand you have invented a "Tiger sound" that looks like the "Tiger sound", which has the color of a "Tiger sound" but not a "Tiger sound"!
You must have 20% of the sound of the true "Tiger sound"! The rest is taken up on the sounds of your version of the game.
Such a waste !  :-X
But if you are satisfied ... is the better!  ;)
If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #951 on: April 18, 2016, 02:07:07 AM »

... let's call it, Canada Dry UV3 ...!  :P

ildifa

« Reply #952 on: April 18, 2016, 04:29:55 AM »

If I understand you have invented a "Tiger sound" that looks like the "Tiger sound", which has the color of a "Tiger sound" but not a "Tiger sound"!
You must have 20% of the sound of the true "Tiger sound"! The rest is taken up on the sounds of your version of the game.
Such a waste !  :-X
But if you are satisfied ... is the better!  ;)

No, I'm pretty sure that the sounds are Tiger's (at least the ones I can recognize: landing gear, stress on the airframe, guns, engines...).
I think that only the flybys are (sadly) missing.
But, between UV3 not working at all and this compromise, this is much better.

Edit to avoid double post: after some fiddling, I managed to restore also the flybys, by adding classfile: 27DC3BB001752070

DaveB

• Modder
« Reply #953 on: July 30, 2016, 08:50:15 PM »

Thought I might bring to this thread my experience with Tigers flybys. To start with I know Tiger has moved on but I want to thank him for his dedication and time he invested making his sound mod. thankyou. I have enjoyed his mod from its start, even sadly having to disable it when IL-2 was updated in its versions and it became incompatible. And then he updated his mod for HSFX 6 and we were back with those great flyby sounds.(His sounds not the hsfx jsgme ones). Since then many have tried to use the mod with half success. I have seen in this thread some very smart work arounds, some I tried which did let the flybys work but!! not 100% plug and play. So I took some ideas away from reading this thread and made my own fix for tigers flybys in HSFX 7.03. I understand a fix for this mod was introduced but it had failings.

1: Not all planes had flyby sound, and some planes would lock the game when trying to view external, others would freeze the game at 100% load
2: Sound prs names have changed a lot since tigers mod so many of his sounds just wont work, simple as that.
3: All I wanted was those cool flybys rattling through my headphones :D

So with this I started out to try and come up with a more workable solution to having working flyby sounds in my HSFX install. I will add here that I did try the hsfx version of tigers flybys but the way they enable them in the game was different to tigers and A- I felt they were a watered down version and B- it conflicted with a favorite mod (Level Stabilizer for all) so on with the thinking cap.

So after a week or so I have now a working tiger flybys with both props and jets and no stuffing around with enable/disable jsgme mods etc. My game as I said is HSFX 7.03 and I do have other mods installed. I dont use sas engine mod and any mods I use I enable with jgsme straight to the Files folder and nowhere else. Sorry I do use the MODS folder for Dif fm only.

Where to go from here, well I would need permission to share and thats that as I have made adjustments to one of tigers class files. The other parts are already available on the net.
If I get that permission then I will post my method and make avaliable the classfile

In closing I give a big thankyou to all modders big and small for making this sim what it is today. It's a pity that the online days are behind us, I was in a squad for many years and lived for those times, what a blast!, but I still enjoy firing up the game offline for a hour or so.

Thanks for reading, DaveB (aka III/JG11_Slipry) from Aussie land. 

Tiger_33

• Modder
« Reply #954 on: July 30, 2016, 11:53:45 PM »

Permission granted sir. ;)

Yes I left the modding on il2(5 years to create UV3 sound mod without official development tools have been exhausting for me but the result was as I wanted to.)

I continue to modify sounds on other simulators such
as IL2 BOS / BOM or il2 COD but only for my personal use.

PS: Special dedicace for my old IL2 friends Mick and Epervier :) :P

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #955 on: July 31, 2016, 01:56:01 AM »

... hey, Tiger ...!!!!  :P

What a pleasure to hear from you again ...! :D

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
  • I'm French and Rebel_409! Nobody is perfect!
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #956 on: July 31, 2016, 03:56:47 AM »

Hello Tiger !
C'est toujours une immense joie de te voir sortir de la jungle ! :)
Tout le meilleur pour toi ! ;)
If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -

A.j22391

« Reply #957 on: September 10, 2016, 10:30:24 AM »

No problem. I'm working on getting tigers sounds stable in 4.12 like that guy in the video. I asked him what he did and I will post here when he responds. Sometimes my game doesn't start with tigers sounds, but sometimes it is fine. Weird. I thing it has something to do with the .rc file.

My 4.12.2 m with 5.3 Sas modact crashes at particular points on a map with tigers flyby mod.  I have followed all your steps.... Is there any fix????  Please help me..... I get crash when QMB okinawa map ground attack mission.

trent

« Reply #958 on: September 28, 2016, 05:43:37 PM »

Very nice mod! Thank you!  :)

GroteVogel35

« Reply #959 on: March 02, 2017, 04:23:47 PM »

Ladies and Gents, here's my way to let it work with SAS Modact:

Drop tigersounds_1.sfs and tigersounds_2.sfs in the map SFS_AUTO. Next, put '00_Tiger_33 Ultimate Sound Mod V3' map (found inside the 'JSGME Package') into your #SAS map.

See also this topic: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,46863.0.html.

Greetings,

GroteVogel
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83   Go Up

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 26 queries.