Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 83   Go Down

Author Topic: Tiger 33's Ultimate Sound mod V3 (UV3)  (Read 404481 times)

crazyflak

• Modder
  • Are your words prettier than silence?
Re: Tiger 33's Ultimate Sound mod v3 (UV3)
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2012, 11:44:33 AM »

Hi there, Mangas! :)

I am afraid the custom installs are the less supported ones as they are a headache for modders (as you cannot really know what they contain and therefore you cannot really prepare full scale mods for it). Golden age of such installs has passed. I only use it myself for sporadic "standalone" testing, but no more. Packs are not as constraining as you may think first, you can always replace, overwrite, etc... what you don't like.

I know you will not change your mind on this  ;) , so I will help as I can. About this

Is there any chance 4.101 + ModAct will be available soon?

There is no intention of making a custom install version of Tiger33's as far as I understand.

But, you can always try to use the DBW version with a properly modified .rc file (Here: https://www.mediafire.com/?d9659ed0ta05sb3)

Then download the DBW version of Tiger mod and go here:

#DBW_Tiger_33 Ultimate Sound Mod V3 for DBW/#DBW/#_UV3

Take the "#_UV3" folder and put it inside #SAS/ folder.

Then go to #_UV3/.rc   and replace that .rc file by the one I provided you above (mediafire link).

I can't be sure that all sounds will work as expected without full scale testing, but I assume you'll get 99% (if not 100%) of success. I just tested quickly on my custom install so at least I know it can be used on your SAS modact custom install.

If there is issues, you can post them in the private area for modders and I'll try to help you out with it :)

Mangas

• cool'n'quiet
    • My personal web-page
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2012, 02:09:16 AM »

But, you can always try to use the DBW version with a properly modified .rc file (Here: https://www.mediafire.com/?d9659ed0ta05sb3)
Hello, Maurice. Does that mean that I have to install DBW package over my current 4.101+kick...ModAct? And that'd ruin my mods I've been tuning for years? No-o...

crazyflak

• Modder
  • Are your words prettier than silence?
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2012, 03:54:45 AM »

DBW package

No, not the DBW package.

I mean the Tiger33 jsgme mod (for DBW) as explained on my post (you only put the #UV3 folder inside #SAS and the tigersound.SFS files on main folder of game).

You download it here (and follow instructions of my previous post):

Tiger has just released his Ultimate Sound Mod V3 :

Jsgme Package:

http://www.packupload.com/CFGX39IE65R

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21940935/UV3_JSGME_ReadMe_rar

To get again your previous install -untouched-, you simply take out the "Uv3" folder again...

since the modified .rc file will be inside this folder that you remove, tigerSFS files will be entirely ignored when you decide to take this step (removal of Uv3 folder from your #SAS folder).

Tiger SFS files go in main game folder (they are entirely harmless, you can have them permanently in your game folder, they will play no other role than a files archive for Uv3 mod, when used) and they are completely ignored unless you put the #_Uv3 folder in your mods folder.

You download those here:

Tiger has just released his Ultimate Sound Mod V3 :

SFS package:

http://www.packupload.com/7S7E2NRS9NF

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21941051/UV3_SFS_rar

In short: besides the tigerSFS files in the main game folder (which do not do anything to your game -but required for #_Uv3 folder to work) you are only adding a new folder (#_UV3) inside your #SAS install... you do not overwrite any of your older files, so whenever you want to get to the state before the sound mod install, it is as easy as remove the #_Uv3 folder you added (since nothing is touched elsewhere)

Mangas

• cool'n'quiet
    • My personal web-page
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2012, 06:55:51 AM »

That's seems complicated when I read all this...  ::)
or is it just "hard-monday" inflience?  :P

Tiger_33

• Modder
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2012, 12:30:45 AM »

Hi all

This is UV3 update for HSFX 6.0.15

Install instructions :

As usual, deactivate UV3 STD or Expert Mode with JSGME

Unzip the file in your IL2 HSFX 6, this will overwrite the previous files

Then as usual reactivate UV3

http://uploadhero.com/dl/tMq9RAB2

Sonny Tucson

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2012, 04:04:20 AM »

Hi Tiger

Thanks for the update , but it looks like the archive is corrupted . (Two downloads and two corrupted archives !).

Sonny Tucson. :)

'MadDog'

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2012, 04:17:49 AM »

Hello

Great sound mod and awesome flyby effect. The in-cockpit sound level is just too low for my taste especially when flying the large single-engined radials. The sound level as in the P-47 mod from Kumpel is much more to my taste, even to the point of struggling to hear radio comms from the tower. However, this is such a good soundscape that I would like to persevere with it in HSFX. After installing the sound mod, do I need to install each incremental UV3 update patch for it or can I simply install the ultimate patch, at time of writing this is for HSFX 6.0.15?

Thanks for such great mods to this great sim.

Euan

PA_Willy

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2012, 04:27:51 AM »

After installing the sound mod, do I need to install each incremental UV3 update patch for it or can I simply install the ultimate patch, at time of writing this is for HSFX 6.0.15?

Same question. Do I need all cumulative updates for each HSFX revision or can I install only the last one?

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2012, 04:32:30 AM »

Hi Tiger

Thanks for the update , but it looks like the archive is corrupted . (Two downloads and two corrupted archives !).

Sonny Tucson. :)

No corrupted archives for me, but well just in case, here is another link :

https://www.mediafire.com/?4ic8z7v3dkdx646

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2012, 04:35:52 AM »

After installing the sound mod, do I need to install each incremental UV3 update patch for it or can I simply install the ultimate patch, at time of writing this is for HSFX 6.0.15?

Same question. Do I need all cumulative updates for each HSFX revision or can I install only the last one?

This update in fact contains 2 new buttons (for normal and expert mode), other than that sorry but I don't know since I don't have HFSX ...  :-[

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2012, 04:39:18 AM »

Hello

Great sound mod and awesome flyby effect. The in-cockpit sound level is just too low for my taste especially when flying the large single-engined radials. The sound level as in the P-47 mod from Kumpel is much more to my taste, even to the point of struggling to hear radio comms from the tower. However, this is such a good soundscape that I would like to persevere with it in HSFX. After installing the sound mod, do I need to install each incremental UV3 update patch for it or can I simply install the ultimate patch, at time of writing this is for HSFX 6.0.15?

Thanks for such great mods to this great sim.

Euan

... well since it is for you a matter of "taste", obviously Tiger cannot adapt his mod to each and everyone's taste, just a thing though, the P47 had a turbo, and this muffles the sound quite a lot in real life ...  ;)

'MadDog'

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2012, 05:04:47 AM »

Hello Mick

Thanks for the quick replies, makes these forums such an interactive environment doesn't it? Would it be logical to go with the assumption then that the UV3 updates are necessary to enable this sound mod to work with the corresponding  HSFX version and that they don't contain anything more than the appropriate buttons? In which case, a single update patch corresponding to the installed HSFX version is all that should be necessary rather than an accumulated install process of each and every patch.

Indeed, everyone's taste is different but I did notice many posters here saying how low the in-cockpit seemed to them. Never having sat in the cockpit of one of these planes with the engine running hard, I cannot really judge, but I suspect that it would be somewhat deafening. If the turbo supercharger had the effect of dampening the sound effect then just imagine a large radial without it! Those pilots had their headgear with earpiece for radio comms but how much protection did they really get. I wonder how many pilots had their hearing permanently damaged from flying. Just another thing to grim and bear I suppose.

As a matter of enquiry, would it be a relatively easy thing to edit the volume level within the sound mod, not to alter it in any way other than the volume played to the user? Speaking personally, I would choose to do that, to allow me to immerse myself even more in this great sim.

Compared to the original game sounds it is a whole new ballgame.

Euan
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 83   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 24 queries.