Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Oeffag D.III series 153/253  (Read 30931 times)

Samurai999

Re: Oeffag D.III series 153/253
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2018, 08:18:51 AM »

These are the small problems that have been discovered with this aircraft. The first one with Template. Skin textures, lie on top of the texture of the cabin. And they are closed.   

The second at the sight to cling to the sight can be seen the insides of the aircraft.

vonOben

• Modder
  • Wer den Tod fürchtet, hat das Leben verloren.
    • vonOben's Flight Sim Mods
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2019, 09:46:10 PM »

Hi

I've made some minor updates for the Oeffag D.III series 153/253 3d model, adding a new more historically accurate 3d model for the wing radiator.
More info here:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,60901.0.html

Cheers

vonOben
vonOben's Flight Sim Mods  http://vonoben.free.fr/ Twenty Years online January 3, 2022!

wackywings

« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2019, 12:31:08 AM »

vonOben, your radiator updates came out beautifully! Now all we have to do is update the skins to remove the painted on radiator assembly. Thanks again for all of your hard work.

wackywings

« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2019, 02:12:42 PM »

After adding vonOben's excellent radiator update, I noticed that both the 153 and 253 models not only have the external skin overlapped to the cockpit textures (in external view) but also that the internal walls of the cockpit are transparent. Temporarily removed the radiator mod and verified the same problem with the stock aircraft with default skins in BAT 3.5.

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2019, 05:40:37 PM »

After adding vonOben's excellent radiator update, I noticed that both the 153 and 253 models not only have the external skin overlapped to the cockpit textures (in external view) but also that the internal walls of the cockpit are transparent. Temporarily removed the radiator mod and verified the same problem with the stock aircraft with default skins in BAT 3.5.

This is a problem with the default skins (and original skins). Most of the old skins will have to be re-painted.
I am already working on changing the skin-templates and doing skins to better fit these new 3d-model changes.
It is no problem.... but these things take time if you want the airplane skins to look good.

As for the problem with "the internal walls of the cockpit are transparent"  o_O , I have no idea where that may come from in your game.
I did not notice anything in my game version.
Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

wackywings

« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2019, 06:21:58 PM »

Thanks for your reply, max_thehitman! I appreciate all of the hard work that you guys put into this simulation. Perhaps someone else who has BAT 3.5 can check the Oeffags and see if they experience the transparency issue in the cockpit from the external view. If necessary, I will post a screenshot.

wackywings

« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2019, 06:54:23 PM »

Here is a screenshot of what I'm experiencing with both the 153/253 in my BAT 3.5 install. You can see the interplane strut mounting of the starboard side lower wing just under the cockpit edge pad. The bulkheads are not transparent, only the sides of the cockpit. I thought that maybe vonOben's radiator update patches for the Albatros and Oeffag may have been causing this but I pulled these and still had the same problem with the stock DOF install in my BAT 3.5. BTW, all my Albatros models are displaying just fine with no glitches.

Thanks, Wackywings

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2019, 08:07:59 PM »

Hello again WackYWings,
This problem you see is also seen on the original aircraft, before this new radiator upgrade.
I thought you meant something else.

I am not 100% sure, but,
It might be a problem in the 3d-modeling, because I have crossed checked some files of the Oeffag series
with the Albatross D.III - which seems to share a common fuselage.
So far I have not come across which lines might be missing which cause this effect of the "transparency".
I remember along time ago someone once mentioned something about a "Hidden" word which might be missing, or must be
added to some of the files, for this to be fixed. Looking at the Albatross files and the Oeffag files side-by-side, they seem to be
almost the same and I did not notice any missing "hidden" word on them.

From what I understand, it has nothing to do with the alpha-channels on a skin (to make holes or Transparency in the model),
because after you create these, then you would have to change some lines inside the files for it to become "transparent",
but this does not seem to look like this particular problem. I could look into it again and do some tests again.

I don´t know,
Perhaps it has to do with the 3d-modeling (?)
Perhaps, Von Oben might be already aware of these problems and is doing these fixes for the Oeffag series.

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

vonOben

• Modder
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2019, 11:42:00 PM »

Hi guys

I haven't noticed the see through problem posted above before, but I can look into it!
It's the same problem in DBW_1916 by the way.

Cheers

vonOben
vonOben's Flight Sim Mods  http://vonoben.free.fr/ Twenty Years online January 3, 2022!

vonOben

• Modder
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2019, 04:29:13 AM »

Hi

I've checked the Oeffag see through problem, but unfortunately I was not able to correct it.  :(

Best regards

vonOben

wackywings

« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2019, 05:40:53 AM »

vonOben, thanks for looking into the situation! The planes are already vastly improved due to your expertise and hard work. I look forward to seeing your future projects. Cheers!

vonOben

• Modder
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2019, 03:06:08 AM »

I was finally able to solve the cockpit see through problem :)

Info here:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,61441.0.html
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 27 queries.