Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Albatros D.Va  (Read 42386 times)

Catahoulak9

• Modder
Re: Albatros D.Va (Updated 1-28-13 Ver.1.1)
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2013, 06:55:23 AM »

Thanks Friction for releasing your Va. I have not been able to identify all the flaws the experts are talking about as it shoots me down. It sure has been fun though.

SAS~Friction

• Modder
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2013, 07:57:53 AM »

Thanks for all the comments guys.  ;)

Regards

Ass Eagle

« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2013, 10:22:54 AM »

Very nice! Have to tweek the my skins around the wing root a bit but well worth it for such an awesome conversion to a D.Va. :)

SAS~Friction

• Modder
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2013, 11:01:09 AM »

Max is going to update the template when he gets a chance, he's very busy at the moment which is understandable.

Regards

Gumpy

• Modder
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2013, 11:11:46 AM »

Friction are you aware that there is already a IL2 flyable Fokker D7 model floating around out there somewhere? Maybe if you could get in contact with the right people you could convince them to share it with you,it would save you a lot of time over building it from scratch.(UPDATE)Never mind it's the CK version and you probably wouldn't be able to use it anyway.  :(

SAS~Friction

• Modder
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2013, 11:50:27 AM »

Version 1.2 Hotfix available in original post. Hot fix is for users that have current 1.1 version. Everyone else should download the main package. Unless any other major issues are spotted, this will be the last hotfix

SAS~Friction

• Modder
Re: Albatros D.Va (Updated 1-29-13 Ver.1.2)
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2013, 12:01:24 PM »

Gumpy, yeah they are the CK D7's. We would not be able to use that for a public release.

Regards

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2013, 12:09:24 PM »

Max is going to update the template when he gets a chance, he's very busy at the moment which is understandable.

Regards

Good evening Friction and everyone here. Yes, I am working already on adapting the
skin-template I had months ago prepared for a future release of the D.Va version Albatros. I did some test flying today and looking at the details made to this new version and changing some stuff on the template. My skin template is not looking bad and its
not looking good ... its just acceptable. If you can do a better job , please create
your own and show it to us.

There are many things on this model that even with a well painted and realistic looking skin, it will still not be exactly like the real airplane, but at least Friction was very nice to us all to have made it look that much closer to reality. So , we all Thank you very much Friction!
Your a true gentleman and we apreciate that you have dedicated your precious time in creating this gift for us without asking for any money. Its a great present.

Now if you want to see something better than what you have now, you shall have to wait for a future upgrade once
again if some more things could be done to this aircraft model.
That is the simple and honest truth.
You can all complain, cry and whine all you want , but you will have to deal with it and accept this aircraft as it is right now. If you like it, Great, if you don´t like it, then go fly
something else. No one is forcing you to use it. That is the simple and honest truth.

If anyone out there reading this and comes saying that they are experts and
they can do a much better job ...by all means my friend, take your best shot and
create for us a better 3D-model and a much better skin-template.
ALWAYS back up your words with actions and show some work first, before you criticize any modder or artist-skinner.

What happened last night, I will try very hard to forget what was said, but keep in mind
that for every negative posts you make here on this, or any other forum, it will just
be a negative viewpoint on your behaviour as a person and friend in this flight-sim community
AND it will also make the creators of any mod aircraft or artists who paint these skins to abandon this hobby, forever.
I have already seen many good artists and modders leave because of such words being said.
I am talking to all of you reading this.
In the past we have seen many mod-artists and skin-artists leave the IL2+mods, simply
because of such ungrateful comments posted by some of you.
We are now down to very few people who create these things for us for FREE and when
we close the doors on your faces, it will be the last time anyone will really enjoy this game
for what it is and anything ever created for it.
So please behave yourselves and choose your words wisely.

At the moment I am back at work and cannot post my screenshots for you
to see the new skins I have.

MAX

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

SAS~Friction

• Modder
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2013, 12:20:29 PM »

I'm sure you're understating yourself Max. I'm almost positive that anything you come up with s going to be awesome!

Do you need me to re-map the little wing stabilizer thing above the tail skid? I can easily do that if it needs done.  ;)

Regards

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2013, 12:32:07 PM »

Do I need a new re-map ?
Don´t tempt me with those thoughts.
You devil ! REPENT!!
:D AAAAHAHAHAH!
No , good buddy, you don´t have to touch anything on it
if you which not to and if you think your part of the job has been done. I will accept this
great gift. This albatros is looking much closer to the real machine than the
previous version. If you start aksing me to give you some more tips on what more
you can you do to that 3d-Model... then you will need at least one more week for
things to be changed some more. Not much, just a little.

Anyway, I like it as it is also. It flies great!

SAS~Friction

• Modder
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2013, 12:43:26 PM »

I shall tempt you and will not repent! I say, I WILL remap that part Max.  :D

I'll map it into the original so at least textures and stuff will work on it ok? I didn't know it was going to be unworkable. I'll fix it. No big deal, a small part like that will only take 10 minutes to do mate. In fact it'll probably take less time to do than sitting here reading messages back in forth arguing whether to do it. So consider it done! I'll send you a link to the part then.

Lol, I'm not asking for tips on what to do to the 3d model. It's about as close as I can get it without doing a scratch buld, which would take weeks.

Regards

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2013, 01:14:18 PM »

If your going to do that fix on the tail-skid thingy then all I can say is
Thank You very much!   :)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 14   Go Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 25 queries.