Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: "IL-2 SCW" - Spanish Civil War Mod Pack  (Read 62095 times)

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
Re: "IL-2 SCW" - Spanish Civil War Mod Pack
« Reply #96 on: January 25, 2015, 01:59:03 AM »

In the Chirris Over Malaga campaign, are the JU-52s meant to not drop any bombs whatsoever?

Also the final mission doesn't start properly, it starts inside the ground and results in an instant explosion.

1. In my version they do indeed drop bombs.
2. That is a completely new bug that I never ever heard of before. Have you installed some new Mod in IL-2 SCW?
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

blackmage62

• ENDE
« Reply #97 on: January 25, 2015, 09:25:01 AM »

In the Chirris Over Malaga campaign, are the JU-52s meant to not drop any bombs whatsoever?

Also the final mission doesn't start properly, it starts inside the ground and results in an instant explosion.

1. In my version they do indeed drop bombs.
2. That is a completely new bug that I never ever heard of before. Have you installed some new Mod in IL-2 SCW?

That starting in the ground thing can result from starting a mission that has a ground start when you have your difficulty setting set for air starts only.

Just check to make sure you have ground starts turned on to see if that is the problem.

If its not that you will need to check your log file and post it here for others to see if they can spot the problem.

I started from the ground each any every other time, so I guess it must be a new bug, I'll post logs later tonight.

The thing is that I installed DBW on top of a 4.12.2 install following a work-around on another thread, so this may have ended up causing wild and crazy bugs in the process. The pain of being a Steam user.

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #98 on: January 25, 2015, 09:46:40 AM »

Yes, I'm afraid that that will probably mess things up. Many of the Mods in IL-SCW are 4.12 compatible, many are not.

I recommend strongly that you install on top DBW 1.71. Cannot guarantee the outcome in any other case.

Why not get a copy of IL-2 1946 from GOG?

You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

blackmage62

• ENDE
« Reply #99 on: January 25, 2015, 10:57:35 AM »

I just wanted to save some money! I suppose if there's no way around it, I'll see about acquiring a copy from GoG. It was worth a shot, I suppose! Great campaign besides that.

Although, aiming in a Chirri is like torture. I don't know how pilots could fly and fight with so much to obscure the frontal view!

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #100 on: February 27, 2015, 12:40:44 PM »

spartan18a

• Supporter
« Reply #101 on: March 09, 2015, 03:11:56 PM »

Dear Poltava, Do you think that this mod could work with the CUP now or is it better to wait to see if it is finally included? You said that it was being debated, right?  :-\\
Winning is optional, but trying your best is not.

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #102 on: March 09, 2015, 04:59:20 PM »

Spartan,

I would wait a little While if I was you. Monty and his team must decide for themselves, but if they eventually set their minds to it, the results will be the best possible, I'm sure!  :)

spartan18a

• Supporter
« Reply #103 on: March 09, 2015, 05:05:50 PM »

Spartan,

I would wait a little While if I was you. Monty and his team must decide for themselves, but if they eventually set their minds to it, the results will be the best possible, I'm sure!  :)

ok, I´ll do as you said. a WAS starting in 1936 ... really needs this super pack. I´m positive they will realize that.  ;)
(love your campaigns, buddy)  :P
Winning is optional, but trying your best is not.

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #104 on: March 10, 2015, 01:40:08 PM »

Thanks for the appreciation. Building campaigns is simply my way of giving something back to the community  :)

tubia

« Reply #105 on: April 12, 2015, 06:05:50 AM »

Hi SAS~Poltava,
this is my first post in this forum and firstly I would like to thank you for your great work for the community.
Your SCW Mod Pack is absolutely my favorite.
I would like to ask you for the future of this Mod Pack.
Actually I'm stick with DBW 1.71 and didn't upgrade to 4.12 because of this ModPack. I play this game primarily for the offline campaigns so the next step for me would be to switch to CUP (although I don't know actually how many offline campaigns are ported/supported by this mod). Do you plan to port your ModPack to CUP or stick with DBW 1.71?

Thank you in advance for your reply! :)

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #106 on: April 25, 2015, 01:34:27 PM »

Hi Tubia!

This pack is - as you probably guessed - a "labour of love" for me.  :) And I think it's great if other appreciate it as well - thanks!

Well, I know that the CUP team hope to "transplant" the pack into the CUP environment, as a special Module for the inter-war years. That would of course be GREAT. I've of course given them my fullest blessing to use the pack in this way. And if they manage to do this, well, then we are all fine and dandy! This is the best case scenario. :D

But if, on the other hand, this doesn't happen, then I will simply continue to keep the DBW 1.71 version "IL-2 SCW" alive! No problems.

You should in this position consider getting at least two IL-2 1946 installs (well, three really). Multiple installs is so easy, and no problems with the size of the hard disks nowadays. A.) A full CUP install B.) A DBW 1.71 "IL-2 SCW" install, plus C.) A HSFX 7 install. It will cover all your needs!  ;)

All the best
/P

Vitamine!

• Flying Ass Clown #6
No radio chatter ingame
« Reply #107 on: December 19, 2015, 08:20:38 AM »

Hey gents,

I have a problem with every radio chatter.

There's no radio communication at all. No matter, if I like to radio (like TAB, 8, 4 fo landing request, etc; or AI radio communication) or listen to AI radio.

After disabling the modpack via jsgme, radio exists again on DBW 1.71.

How can I enable radio communication on this Ultraspain Mod Pack?

Best Regards
Vitamine
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 24 queries.