Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Welcome to the 4.09 Sanctuary.  (Read 26222 times)

UltimateNoob

Re: Welcome to the 4.09 Sanctuary.
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2015, 12:09:52 PM »

Is this thread for discuss even 4.09 bugs?

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
  • I'm French and Rebel_409! Nobody is perfect!
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2015, 12:33:57 PM »

It is better to open a new topic!
Given your number of messages, here it is: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,204.0.html
Note: you can not post a link until you have 5 posts on your counter!
(this is a protection against spam bots)
If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -

fatty_finn

• Modder
  • "no idea"
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2016, 10:22:49 PM »

stuck in the far Aussie outback for the last month, with nothing but a crappy laptop for company!
-wont run any modded version of the game that I've tried.   Suffering very serious mod deprivation syndrome!
then a thought: maybe 409 with Modact ? 
I had never been a "rebel" before :- but it runs!! - and it's wonderful.
Saved by the glorious 409 !!
 Here's to you guys. Long may you reign.
f_f
ps the new Ki-21 mod doesnt seem to work, but who's complaining, when so much else does!

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2016, 12:23:04 AM »

Welcome between rebels mate!

Maybe....one day....a far far day....a Guardian Angel 'll take care of Sally....

In the meatime enjoy the rebel side of the sky!

:)

quachimba

« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2016, 01:10:11 PM »

Hello. Nice to see this forum. I'm just curious as to what are the reasons people stay with 4.09? i just want to know what people like about it?

Thank you

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2016, 01:40:28 PM »

I turn over you your question: why not like the best version of IL-2?
Some love the brown women and others the fair women! Why?

One of the many answers it is that I do not see anything which interests me in the other versions.
I have all that I want in my old game (UP2.01)!

If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -

KiwiBiggles

• Modder
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2016, 02:24:21 PM »

Hello. Nice to see this forum. I'm just curious as to what are the reasons people stay with 4.09? i just want to know what people like about it?

Thank you

For me, there are some nostalgic favourite old mods (or old versions of mods, many still available, some hoarded away privately) that are no longer compatible with later versions of the game.  The SAS 4.09 modact style tended towards smaller, "lite" mods that are quick and easy for the casual modder to tinker around with.  Older computers may struggle to handle the demands of larger more complex mods and packs without FPS or GFX issues.  Sometimes favourite campaigns and missions can be "broken" by later mods.

Hard drive space is cheap and plentiful these days, so why not have different flavours of the best WWII flight simulator known to history!

Some examples here: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,48860.0.html

Good luck!
KB :-)

quachimba

« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2016, 02:33:43 PM »

I turn over you your question: why not like the best version of IL-2?
Some love the brown women and others the fair women! Why?

One of the many answers it is that I do not see anything which interests me in the other versions.
I have all that I want in my old game (UP2.01)!

But how do i know it is the best version unless i ask? Thats why i made sure in the comment i said i'm just curious to know why not that i had anything against it. And anyone knows you never answer a question with a question that is the worst way of doing it. Nothing wrong with curiosity as long as no one gets insulted by what is said. I was hoping for someone to be more specific than to just say they have all they want or nothhing else interests me.

For example. When someone asks me what do i like about a car? any car it doesn't matter. If i answered by saying why wouldn't you like best car on the planet? or to say this car gives me all I need doesn't have any pertinence or correlation to the question.

Generally speaking also when people are interested in something they are usually curious. I don't think you took it the right way. I'm just curious as to why people wouldn't have updated. That was all my friend.

quachimba

« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2016, 02:34:59 PM »

Admin edit: Please no fullquotes!

Thank you so much Kiwi i was just curious and you answered me completely :)

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2016, 04:18:46 PM »

But how do i know it is the best version unless i ask? Thats why i made sure in the comment i said i'm just curious to know why not that i had anything against it. And anyone knows you never answer a question with a question that is the worst way of doing it. Nothing wrong with curiosity as long as no one gets insulted by what is said. I was hoping for someone to be more specific than to just say they have all they want or nothhing else interests me.

For example. When someone asks me what do i like about a car? any car it doesn't matter. If i answered by saying why wouldn't you like best car on the planet? or to say this car gives me all I need doesn't have any pertinence or correlation to the question.

Generally speaking also when people are interested in something they are usually curious. I don't think you took it the right way. I'm just curious as to why people wouldn't have updated. That was all my friend.
The problem is that your question does not allow a single answer.
As with all the choices we make it is rarely possible to give an objective answer.
Why do you prefer brunettes?
Do not answer that easily can you think.
It is similar with IL-2 to version 409 or UP2!
I can not answer ... I tested all versions here and on other sites.
I participated in many mods in various versions ...
After all the tests I prefer to stay true to my old UP2!
Especially amended by adding many many mods are not adapted to the latest versions.
And I do not like the mods concerning periods post 1945!

greybeard

• Modder
  • diligo veritatem
    • Old stuff about RB3D and a tiny "IL2 corner"
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2016, 12:58:19 AM »

I'm just curious as to what are the reasons people stay with 4.09? i just want to know what people like about it?

One important reason is Epervier!

He keeps us Rebels united, granting quality mods for our 4.09 and providing an unique reference figure for all concerning our game environment.

Personally, although having installed also 4.10.1 (DBW), 4.12.2 (ModAct) and 4.13 (stock), already started to dislike next versions when saw things like dragging blocked undercarriage wheels at slow speeds on ground, for instance, in 4.10 and dropped almost completely versions from 4.11 onward cause the otherwordly enemy AI they gave.
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 - RAM: 2GB DDR @ 201 MHz - MoBo: ASUSTeK Computer INC. A8N-SLI (Socket 939) - Vidcard: 1024MB NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT (Club3D) - Screen: L1750SQ (1280x1024@75Hz) - Audio: Realtek AC'97 Audio.

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2016, 01:30:00 AM »

bluup... bluup !
 o_O  :-X
 :D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 26 queries.