Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: UPDATE Aug.20,2016 : BurmaLower_1942 & BurmaLower_1944  (Read 46048 times)

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
Re: BurmaLower_1942 and BurmaLower_1944
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2013, 06:41:46 PM »

Unfortunately unloadable...do I have to put in the #DBW/MapMods folder? or Inside the jsgme-Mapmods folder? Tried both but it doesn´t seem to work...

Cheers Elmar
I thought there was a "how to install maps" discussion on these boards but I failed to find it.

When you unzip the download, you'll see two map folders named "BurmaLower_1942 and BurmaLower_1944"...put these into your "maps" folder...sequence is DBW/Mapmods/maps/___.

In the download, You'll also see the textures folder named "_Tex" ... open this folder and inside you will see "cztx" and subfolders inside of it.  Put "cztx" folder inside your game's _Tex folder...sequence is DBW/mapmods/_Tex/____.

Don't forget to copy and paste the lines into your "all" file which is found in DBW/mapmods/maps. 

I thought the download's readme file had sufficient intallation instructions but I've been doing this for a long time so I forget how difficult it may be for others who don't install maps very often.

jeanba

• Modder
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2013, 02:17:03 AM »

Updated the "Twin Dragons" campaign for use on this new map.  Find it on M4T here:  http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=1570
I must finish your campaign over Caucasus, then I will try this one

farang65

• never two weeks two decades
  • SAS Team
  • Fortress Formosa
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2013, 03:18:09 AM »

Hi CT,

Just had an indepth look this early evening.

Did you rework all those rivers ?

Great work on the meriad of rivers sheeww  :D  8)

Population look cool  :D ;)

Most textures adapt quite well I really like your rice paddy fields texture.  ;D 8)

Very cool air field at Lampang in Thailand  ;D :D

( just letting you know on your map I am living at the yellow dot between Chiang Mai and Lampang )

Great work   :D

ElmarBoehl

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2013, 03:32:56 AM »

Unfortunately unloadable...do I have to put in the #DBW/MapMods folder? or Inside the jsgme-Mapmods folder? Tried both but it doesn´t seem to work...

Cheers Elmar
I thought there was a "how to install maps" discussion on these boards but I failed to find it.

When you unzip the download, you'll see two map folders named "BurmaLower_1942 and BurmaLower_1944"...put these into your "maps" folder...sequence is DBW/Mapmods/maps/___.

In the download, You'll also see the textures folder named "_Tex" ... open this folder and inside you will see "cztx" and subfolders inside of it.  Put "cztx" folder inside your game's _Tex folder...sequence is DBW/mapmods/_Tex/____.

Don't forget to copy and paste the lines into your "all" file which is found in DBW/mapmods/maps. 

I thought the download's readme file had sufficient intallation instructions but I've been doing this for a long time so I forget how difficult it may be for others who don't install maps very often.

I did it just like it´s written there. Actually the map is shown in the campaign ´s instructions section but loading the campaign doesn´t work well, telling the map is not loadable...

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2013, 10:40:38 AM »

Elmar, you may not have all of the Objects for this map not work, just a thought!
MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2013, 11:32:54 AM »

Cheers Elmar

I did it just like it´s written there. Actually the map is shown in the campaign ´s instructions section but loading the campaign doesn´t work well, telling the map is not loadable...

Maybe you are missing the Vietnam Trees textures found in the Maps/_Tex/trees/
Do you have the Vietnam maps?
I should have included those trees in the download, sorry.

When the map fails to load, press the SHIFT+TAB keys and it will show an error message near the bottom.

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2013, 11:44:46 AM »

Great work   :D
Thank you, Farang.
I reworked some of the rivers.  I love Lampang field too.  Heho is similar but smaller.
I got the airfields textures from other maps but changed the coloring of them to fit better with the surrounding Burma textures.  Also changed taxi, takeoff and stay points on some of them to make them work better.

You may also notice river docks and ferry crossings on major rivers.  These make good ground targets!
Railroad stations were also added in most towns along the RR.  All objects were added using copy/paste but then changed by hand to suit my liking.
Added more roads and railroads are more true to real life.

I'll be sure not to bomb your little yellow dot! :D

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2013, 02:46:53 PM »

Cheers Elmar

ElmarBoehl.: Try to load the map in FMB and if the next screen comes empty, hit left shift+tab and take a look at the appearing text, last few lines. Usually it tells you what's misssing.

MR_G

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2013, 09:17:54 PM »

Great rework of this map.

All we need now is for someone to do this for the old upper burma map.

Taxman

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2013, 05:07:20 PM »

Your map shows up in the new "Twin Dragons" campaign, but doesn't load, same error message that has been reported in some earlier posts.
Map looks great however I cannot get it to work.  Looking at the full mission builder it is listed under "Eastern Fronter" not "East Asia"?. When trying to load it it will not load  using the shift tab I get this message at the end which reads error "MAPS/_Tex/Trees/NamtreeTL.tga"  Is there a loading error?  My  "East Asia" Maps do have' VietMinh, Vietnam North and Vietnam South' do I have a map missing? Any help is appreached, BTW loved your first "Twin Dragons" campaingn. :)

Cheers Elmar

When the map fails to load, press the SHIFT+TAB keys and it will show an error message near the bottom.

ElmarBoehl

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2013, 02:52:25 AM »

Your map shows up in the new "Twin Dragons" campaign, but doesn't load, same error message that has been reported in some earlier posts.
Map looks great however I cannot get it to work.  Looking at the full mission builder it is listed under "Eastern Fronter" not "East Asia"?. When trying to load it it will not load  using the shift tab I get this message at the end which reads error "MAPS/_Tex/Trees/NamtreeTL.tga"  Is there a loading error?  My  "East Asia" Maps do have' VietMinh, Vietnam North and Vietnam South' do I have a map missing? Any help is appreached, BTW loved your first "Twin Dragons" campaingn. :)

Cheers Elmar

So I do have the same problem like Taxman...what a relieve haha...I have the same loading error message..." can´t open ...NAm tree.tga and Warning errors...what a shame, I like that map or better said: I would like it ;0D

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2013, 05:17:13 PM »

CzechTexan, I get this load error:

Can't open file 'Maps'\_tex\forest\summer\slot_forestfar.tga

I do not have these textures in my inventory, it seems.. ;)

Tom
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 21 queries.